Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5126 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:24 AM
I think they added walk to in BV mainly for the secret lots like Bigfoot. I don't think you could take a taxi to them. You had to get the map then click on the sign post or maybe just the ground. I was very glad when it came in as dislike ringing for taxis. Once I realized it was in every hood I went over to walk to 95% of the time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5127 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:32 AM
The taxi should give some sort of bonus...like driving an owned vehicle does. (Then maybe I'd actually use it sometimes instead of making even my laziest sims walk everywhere.)
Mad Poster
#5128 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:31 AM
Perhaps taxis shouldn't change or at least reduce the length of the time you arrive (by changing the time to 2 or 3 hours later or just leave it where the sim left off), while walking should take longer (4/5 hours).
Mad Poster
#5129 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:33 AM
I want vampires from TS4..
Oh wait I already asked for that.

giving aliens some sort of powers would be good.
Scholar
#5130 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:57 PM
Yeah I don’t like taxis, it’s annoying to phone and then wait for ages before it arrives, so my sims walk everywhere, even if they go to a subhood. I imagine they catch a bus on the way
However, I do need to use the taxi when I want more than one sim from the household to go to a community lot because of a bug related to walking. I should do a 50/50 and try to find the offender at some point, because it’s really getting annoying.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Scholar
#5131 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:15 PM
I think I heard about that mod, and that the stop costs 2000, but taxis are free, so to me it’d make sense to make rich sims to use the bus and poor sims to use the taxi
Is the bus as slow as the taxi (i.e. you need to wait for it), or is it like walking so I can spawn it immediately and sims will get on and leave?

Simblr
Scholar
#5132 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:56 PM
So it doesn’t seem like a mod for me as I prefer convenience over realism, but thanks for the info

Simblr
Mad Poster
#5133 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
So, was this the base game before it was patched? I'm asking because I'm going to need to reinstall at some point to install my final SP (yeah, my game refuses to do it out of order) and I was wondering if it would be possible to extract the code before patching.

I am not sure which one patched it, to be honest - I played vanilla so long and did not patch my games (because I did not know I was supposed to).
Mad Poster
#5134 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:34 PM
@StrangeTownChick
Was a tad more than just a simple recolor..in fact, is was more the type of..adding subsets and meshing and..But I did do it.
Here is your new Door...
A gender neutral new door of course, and 2 recolor options for the sign.
@Peni Griffin
Thank you for the precision on what was a gender neutral sign..dunno where my head was! See 4th picture...just in case Thanks for the idea!

Will be uploading today, gimme a break, (or a kitkat) I'm hungry. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5135 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 8:09 PM
OK, so I joked a few posts back that most posts of mine on this thread were just wishing EA had been smart enough to include something from the get-go, and not ones I'd actually use if someone else created them. This is something that I still wish EA had made, but that I think I (and quite a few other people, especially those who make or play big lots) would have a lot of use for- blanket sledgehammer and recolor options. Essentially, instead of just destroying or recoloring a single iteration of an item, this would be a hack that would allow you to recolor all the instances of given object on the lot at once. So, for instance, if you were remodeling a house, and wanted to change the color of all the window casings, you could do it in one move, rather than dozens.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#5136 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think they added walk to in BV mainly for the secret lots like Bigfoot. I don't think you could take a taxi to them. You had to get the map then click on the sign post or maybe just the ground. I was very glad when it came in as dislike ringing for taxis. Once I realized it was in every hood I went over to walk to 95% of the time.

Your post reminded me that I have my lazy Sims take a taxi or drive everywhere (they hate using their legs!), while my super active Sims don't mind walking everywhere and typically don't get a car at all. Even when they do manage to wrangle a car from me via Wants, I still have them walk as it is "such a nice day out"...unless it's not.
Mad Poster
#5137 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
So, was this the base game before it was patched? I'm asking because I'm going to need to reinstall at some point to install my final SP (yeah, my game refuses to do it out of order) and I was wondering if it would be possible to extract the code before patching.

No need for that circus. All installation files are on the disc, so you can open the disc itself and extract it's objects.package so you can get the resources from it instead of the regular one. Can't use workshop like you said you usually do, but it's doable without reinstalling. However, when using an earlier version of a BHAV you'll have the chore of going over later versions and seeing if there are any necessary modifications from later EPs you have to include.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5139 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Bravo, @Rosebine! The door looks great, and it's very Maxis-Match-y. It's nice to see the game is getting more diverse.

Thank you! It is indeed maximachee.
It was pretty fun to create new *logos* images, trying to fit the style..I am quite happy about it.

Mad Poster
#5141 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I wonder if those doors work for both sexes and the toddler door restricts access to toddlers. But still, there is the handicapped door. How does the game recognize a Sim as "handicapped", or is that just deco?

No gender restriction, I coned the justa door. I added the rounded sign and flat handle mesh bits of the EZ Evac Inc's Women door, to it.
But it is a normal door.
The different icons is just *pretend* signs...anyone uses any door.
Yes, the added bits is deco.
No age restriction, no gender restriction, no reduced mobility restriction either...

Mad Poster
#5142 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:40 PM
I'd like to see a mod which makes kids act smarter about where they place their homework. It's unbelievable how many times I've scoured the lot for their homework, only to find it at either the very edge of the lot or on a table outside.

Here you go.
http://modthesims.info/d/312004

Top Secret Researcher
#5143 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:43 PM
I'd like to see a mod which makes kids act smarter about where they place their homework. It's unbelievable how many times I've scoured the lot for their homework, only to find it at either the very edge of the lot or on a table outside.

There is a mod for that here "Put your homework away properly" but I didn't bother, now I've got no social worker.

Edit: You beat me to it Rosebine.
Top Secret Researcher
#5145 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
OK, so I joked a few posts back that most posts of mine on this thread were just wishing EA had been smart enough to include something from the get-go, and not ones I'd actually use if someone else created them. This is something that I still wish EA had made, but that I think I (and quite a few other people, especially those who make or play big lots) would have a lot of use for- blanket sledgehammer and recolor options. Essentially, instead of just destroying or recoloring a single iteration of an item, this would be a hack that would allow you to recolor all the instances of given object on the lot at once. So, for instance, if you were remodeling a house, and wanted to change the color of all the window casings, you could do it in one move, rather than dozens.

This.
All day long, brother. I hate recoloring the windows, so sometimes I will just say screw it and match the interior to the windows.
Oh what I would give for the almighty "recolor ALL" option. My soul, anyone? Haha, just kidding... maybe.
Mad Poster
#5146 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
No age restriction, no gender restriction, no reduced mobility restriction either...

Much like all doors irl, hey? The sign is on the door, but it doesn't actually prevent anyone from walking through it.
Mad Poster
#5147 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:04 AM
yes!..but go tell this to EZ Evac's Inc doors...

Mad Poster
#5149 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:31 AM
I'm not sure what my comment had to do with "transphobia" or any sort of political alignments. I was just stating a fact. I've walked through "male only doors" on occasion because it was my job to clean the bathrooms. /shrug
Next, someone is probably ask for female urinals in the Sims 2 game.

Doesn't that already exist? Edit: It does. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0 "Female Enabled Urinal"
Mad Poster
#5150 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 1:07 AM
Unlike Sim life, people may feel uneasy about going through a door that has a sign that does not match their gender.

Real life People yes. Sims...they actually don't care. They will just follow data. ahah!

Page 206 of 580