Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 6:06 PM
Default EIG Hangs after finishing building
So, I'm experiencing a strange bug, my game keeps loading, I can hover the camera around by moving toward the edges of screen, .exe in task manager is fine, and it stays like this forever. It's the second attempt to creating a mall.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 2:55 AM
This happens to me whenever I try to edit a houseboat in EIG, I thought the bug might've been due to the complicated nature of houseboat lots, so I'm stumped if it's happening on ordinary lots. San Fran is looking great, by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
So, I'm experiencing a strange bug, my game keeps loading, I can hover the camera around by moving toward the edges of screen, .exe in task manager is fine, and it stays like this forever. It's the second attempt to creating a mall.

Since 1.63 I am having the same issue. I can no longer edit lots in CAW/EIG with confidence. If I touch any lot to edit, upon completion, closing the lot the cursor just sits there and EIG is essentially frozen. I've done system event monitoring and nothing shows out of the ordinary. My work around is to NOT edit anything in CAW/EIG, to make all lot edits in the actual Sims 3 then import those lots in CAW/EIG - while never opening any lot. It's a huge time sucking pain but works.

If you find a solution, please post the response.
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 2:11 PM
My goodness, I'm having this exact problem with EIG, that just hangs there and yes, it started after the latest patch. I've also used the process monitor but it's okay and task manager also shows everything being fine. I thought I had some major problem with my world and nearly panicked. Has anyone figured out anything or do we have to just wait for EA to fix this? I've been doing the lots in normal game but you can only do the last finishing touches in EIG.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 8:06 PM
Here's a maybe...

I had this as well as an issue with families loading forever in game. Mods were narrowed down to Awesome, Nona Mena's Adventure Boards, and Margaret Pendragon's Rabbit Hole Rugs; caches were cleared, and I still had the problem loading families. Pulling new versions of these three and clearing caches fixed both problems, even though none of them mentioned having been recently updated. Maybe it was just a matter of one of those files having become corrupted, but if you have any of those files, it might be worth seeing if my results are repeatable for a fix.
Alchemist
#6 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 11:05 PM
Well, I don't know about others in this thread but I don't use Awesome at all and I have no mods in game while I'm making my world. I always switch folders between normal game play and world building. I also always delete the caches during the switch. This thing started to happen right after 1.63. Had no problems before that.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 12:51 AM
Come to think of it, there were a few days between my last CAW attempt and when I went back to try with the smaller CC list, and I did update my ATI graphics card in that time frame. Maybe that was what did it? Wish I'd been a bit more scientific about it to pinpoint what worked.

Or it could just be your standard EA sado-randomness and it will be broken again next time I try it... probably so.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 7:32 PM
I think there's a problem with glass floors from ITF. Everytime I use them and try to save the lot, the exact thing you described there happens. Just don't use them in EIG.
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 2:40 AM
Well, it happens to me that when I use edit town, sometimes after exiting a lot, it just shows the "loading" around the plumbob and it utrns forever, never returning to the map view in edit town.... which results in being unable to save!

I don't know if it's off-topic, though.
Alchemist
#10 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Well, it happens to me that when I use edit town, sometimes after exiting a lot, it just shows the "loading" around the plumbob and it utrns forever, never returning to the map view in edit town.... which results in being unable to save!

I don't know if it's off-topic, though.

I'm starting to think that ea screwed up something again, espacially if this happens in normal Edit town -mode, as well. I'm still unable to do pretty much anything in CAW in lot wise right now.

Quote: Originally posted by zombine17
I think there's a problem with glass floors from ITF. Everytime I use them and try to save the lot, the exact thing you described there happens. Just don't use them in EIG.

I have them in one club lot and I have saved it successfully in normal Edit Town -mode several times. Due to the problems with CAW, I haven't even gotten a change to place/save that lot in EIG, so I don't know what it would do or would it fail.

On a side note, yes, I have updated my graphic card drivers. Made no difference. The problem stays.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 5:33 PM
I have the same problem! And it seem to happen when ever I edit a lot with buydebug on. It just keeps on loading forever and nothing more happens. I have to I don't know it it has something to do with that cheat or not, but when I do minor changes without cheats it seems to work fine, but as soon as I do something that requires the buydebug cheat this happens. It use to work just fine to build with the cheats on, but after one of the latest patches it does not, or whatever it is that is causing this. It's frustrating since 50% of the fun for me is to improve the town I am playing with my own buildings and lots. I don't use awsome mode nor the glass floor and I have a fairly new comp with sufficient memory.

Anyone knows if there's a solution or fix for this?
Alchemist
#12 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 1:55 PM Last edited by varpunen : 15th Jun 2014 at 3:05 PM.
I haven't found one yet and frankly, I don't think there is one, either. I really think this is something that is caused by EA. It's still happening (just yesterday once again), with and without the use of buydebug and definitely without the glass floor. This hanging happens in two different ways, at least in my game. First one is when you exit into the Edit town mode. The second is when you change from build mode to buy mode, or vice versa and half the UI fades away; the game hanging. And yeah, it happens without mods + cc. It also happens in normal game play as well as in CAW's edit town mode. Other than that, the game works just fine.

I'm starting to think that even Twallans Error Trap reacts to this too because around the time this problem started, ET began to spew out constant "On Process Event Call back" -error reports (several hundred of them) and always in edit town build/buy mode only. Usually right before the game hangs. They are currently wondering about those error reports back the Nraas. Just checked it last night.

Currently I just exit into Edit town mode very often and save the game or just the lot into the lot bin, in case of sudden hanging. Oh, and my game patch status is still 1.63.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 1:53 PM Last edited by mosbyte : 8th Mar 2014 at 2:14 AM.
I'm a little late putting my 2 cents worth, but hopefully it'll do good. If all of you have this problem after using "buydebug" with the1.63 game patch, the culprit must be that combination and not CAW (EIG in reality is the game, not CAW). After that patch, there are certain (not all) objects in buydebug that won't allow my game to save (same endless "saving" loop you're getting). I'm talking about playing the game normally, using an occasional cheat, etc. In my case, the objects that are a definite no-no are some taken from World Adventures and Ambitions, but I suppose there must be many more from other EP's. The karate trainers from World Adventures were a particular mystery, I couldn't add 'em with buy debug without the save loop problem, but if I sent a sim to World Adventures to get the object and come back with it in the inventory, I would place the object anywhere in the lot and the game would save just fine. So, if EA didn't do this on purpose, the result was not allowing us to cheat under certain circumstances, more or less defeating the purpose of creating buydebug in the first place! I don't know if this has been fixed with the latest patches.
Scholar
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 11:53 AM
This is a late reply, but it might be useful to share:

I get this problem occasionally when switching between build and buy modes in EIG. When it does, I've found that swapping between modes with the function keys (F1, F2 and F3) gives me control back. Sometimes it takes a few goes, but so far, I've always managed to fix it this way.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Alchemist
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 12:58 PM Last edited by varpunen : 24th Apr 2014 at 10:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mosbyte
I'm a little late putting my 2 cents worth, but hopefully it'll do good. If all of you have this problem after using "buydebug" with the1.63 game patch, the culprit must be that combination and not CAW (EIG in reality is the game, not CAW).

Like I already said, it happens even without using Buydebug and also in normal game buy/build mode, not just in EIG. The hanging is also a random event. I can save several times just fine even with Buydebug active but then at some point the game decides to hang, with or without it. I don't think it's connected to buydebug.

Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
This is a late reply, but it might be useful to share:
I get this problem occasionally when switching between build and buy modes in EIG. When it does, I've found that swapping between modes with the function keys (F1, F2 and F3) gives me control back. Sometimes it takes a few goes, but so far, I've always managed to fix it this way.

Okay, good to know. I'll try that the next time when the error occurs.

Edit: No, the F-keys didn't help at all, no matter how many times I pushed them.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 3:31 PM
Has anybody found a solution to the problem yet? My buydebug problem only started recently, with Roaring Heights (which is quite beautiful but buggy and laggy as hell). I tried to overhaul the hangouts - heaven knows who put these half-a$$ed lots together! It got so ridiculous that I ended up saving after placing one lamp, one table, etc. - very time consuming. However, as soon as I try to place any of the buydebug items, and also lighting, the game won't save at all, despite the fact that there already is some ceiling and wall lighting installed in the prefab lots! Hoping against hope that in the past four months maybe someone here has found the source of this particular EA bug...
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM
Well, this problem is still an issue, have just experienced it once more.

I highly recommend NOT using edit in game, and building lots in the actual game, as this problem seems connected to the EIG.