Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:08 PM Last edited by varpunen : 22nd Mar 2014 at 6:36 PM.
Default Isla Paradiso nighttime ambient ocean sounds
What I really love about Isla Paradiso is the sounds coming from the ocean during nighttime. No other world has them. Now, I was wondering if it is possible to somehow transfer those sounds/sound to another world? Like you can transfer moon colors and lighting, etc. Has anyone tried that?
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 2:24 PM Last edited by varpunen : 22nd Mar 2014 at 6:36 PM.
I apologize for the bumb of this thread but I'm getting near on exporting my world and I really would have liked to have the Isla Paradiso's nighttime sea sounds to my world or at least confirmation if it's not possible at all.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 7:11 PM
Have you checked the effects section in CAW objects? I would imagine it would be in there if you are up to date? Or maybe the Fog Emitter? That has a bunch of effects on it as well. I'm on my laptop which I don't play on so I can't actually check at the mo but those would be my guesses.

I'd also like to know as I am building a sort of north american maritime coastal-ish world and this would be perf!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 8:20 PM Last edited by varpunen : 22nd Mar 2014 at 10:09 PM.
Well, I have checked the effects both in normal CAW and in SuperCAW. I also imported Isla Paradiso into CAW, just to see the folders and what EA had used. One of the folders contains all the effects but there are no sound files there. There are also no fog emitters anywhere on the sea (island fog clouds aside). I also could not find anything from the emitter list, only these...

oceangetoutripples
oceansurf
oceansurfreduced
oceansurfsimple
oceansurfsplash
oceansurfsplashcycle
oceansurfsplashinter
oceansurfsplashsmall
oceansurfsplashsmallinter
oceansurfwave
oceansurfwavereducedrigid
oceansurfwaverigid
oceantopbubbles
oceantopbubblesdelay

...which have nothing to do with the sound. I also opened the Island Paradise FullBuild package in S3PE, so I could check out the sound files there. The only ones that caught my attention were...

- Mysterious Island_AUD
- Rising From The Sea_AUD (probably linked to Kraken)

Don't know if the first one could be it. Still, if it were, I still would not know what to do with it; whether or it it could simply be possible to import it as is (doubt it could be that simple, though).

Edit: Just converted those two audio files into MP3s and they're just music from the game. Darn.

Edit2: Extracted 190 OceanPlay_nsr files but those were all about sim voices linked to playing with toddler in the water. Dead end again.

Edit3: Found files called "amb_ocean_oneshot" but couldn't convert them for some reason, so I'm not sure if those could be the ones.

Any suggestions are welcome, since this is the only thing keeping me from exporting my world.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 7:37 PM
I have a gut feeling that it's an object that does this. Bridgeport had its city noises coming from the highrise shells, so could it be a Isla Paradiso exclusive object? Maybe that big statue? Or the fog?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:40 PM Last edited by varpunen : 26th Mar 2014 at 6:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I have a gut feeling that it's an object that does this. Bridgeport had its city noises coming from the highrise shells, so could it be a Isla Paradiso exclusive object? Maybe that big statue? Or the fog?

Okay, I added every single IP fog effect (12 in total) to my smaller wip world and also the guardian statue. I also added a test lot very close to them. After the export I played for two sim nights. No ambient sounds whatsoever. Only the normal sound of waves. So I don't think it's those. I'm not giving up, though.

Edit: Tested again because I thought it might be linked to full moon but even with ful moon + fog + guardian statue... nothing. Also crisscrossed around Isla Paradiso in CAW again but without any results.

Edit2: Decided to check out the deltabuild files, since couldn't think any other place to search. I found two .audtun files called "Ocean_loop" and "primitive_ocean". Don't know if they're any importance but at least the latter name would be quite suitable for the ambiance sound in game.

Edit3: Tested with the hidden island marker. Though it might be the source of the sound but I was wrong. At least it made no difference in my test world.

I'm really starting to run out of ideas.