Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 7:49 PM
Default World will not export (fail) when I add sims
I have created a world that exports just fine until I use "MakeSim" to populate it using EIG.
When I add just one sim, or import a pre-made household with "Porter", go back to CAW, and save and try exporting the world again, I get the "Exporting World Failed" pop up.

Till then everything works fine! I've tried for days to figure it out trying different sims, etc.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:07 PM
Default Solved!
I tried using a NEW "The Sims 3" set.
I copied and pasted my original The Sims 3 folder (or you can rename it).
Started a new game which created a fresh "The Sims 3" folder.
I added the require NRass files to the Mods folder in the new folder.
Started CAW and then opened up the Edit In Game and added the sims I wanted. (makesim and then porter).
Saved it and then exported the world with no problem.

I then renamed the "work" folder ("The Sims 3 - CAW_Folder"). and renamed my original folder back to "The Sims 3".
All my prior games and families were intact and I imported the new world file to the original folder and voila. It all worked!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 4:06 PM
This was very helpful. Thanks! I was a little bit nervous populating my world with mods (I'm mod phobic), but your explanation has inspired me to give it a go!