Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:30 AM Last edited by FreshLione55 : 16th Mar 2014 at 3:09 PM.
Making my own custom lighting.
Okay, So i have decided after trying to find a lighting mod I would like to try to create my own lighting so i get exactly what i want. My question is how do i get started? I know that there is a Tutorial on here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198 but it really isnt helping...If someone could help me that would be great!

Thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 10:25 AM
If you're looking for lighting mods the people in wcif might be more helpful, that's in the top menu: help/other/where can I find?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 2:42 PM
okay, but what about creating my own lighting? where do i post that?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 3:06 PM
By tons of trial and error. I found out it wasn't for me, so can't help you much sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 3:11 PM
What did you use to help you along with the process? Any tutorials? do you know of anyone that can help me?
dodgy builder
#6 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 3:23 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 16th Mar 2014 at 3:34 PM.
You start the thread for the beginning, use S3PE open the color ramp files in a picture program and change each color, that's a lot of work and testing ... the ini files also have to change each tiny parameter by parameter in s3pe. If you have read the hole thread and still don't understand a thing, there's a big chance this is not for you. Being a cawer is hard work sometimes lol

If you still like to test, I suggest you find world files that are as closly to the default by Simsample as possible, make it easy for yourself in the beginning. It's a pitty she's gone really, such an organizer

My experience if something is complicated, start small and expand later on. Pick an easy corner of information and see if you can get your head around it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You start the thread for the beginning, use S3PE open the color ramp files in a picture program and change each color, that's a lot of work and testing ... the ini files also have to change each tiny parameter by parameter in s3pe. If you have read the hole thread and still don't understand a thing, there's a big chance this is not for you. Being a cawer is hard work sometimes lol

If you still like to test, I suggest you find world files that are as closly to the default by Simsample as possible, make it easy for yourself in the beginning. It's a pitty she's gone really, such an organizer

My experience if something is complicated, start small and expand later on. Pick an easy corner of information and see if you can get your head around it.

Do you know if there is any way to get the lighting from moonlight falls and use it in a different world?
dodgy builder
#8 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreshLione55
Do you know if there is any way to get the lighting from moonlight falls and use it in a different world?

You can google for the ini's the color ramps usually follow, or perhaps it's been posted in the thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You can google for the ini's the color ramps usually follow, or perhaps it's been posted in the thread.

after i get the ini files, how would i put those into a world?
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 3:37 AM
In an earlier post you mentioned using Moonlight Falls lighting. Here's the thread with the files - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...lls#post3953171 - post #273. This is a rather lengthy thread but it discusses custom sea/water and lighting. Perhaps it may help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
In an earlier post you mentioned using Moonlight Falls lighting. Here's the thread with the files - http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...lls#post3953171 - post #273. This is a rather lengthy thread but it discusses custom sea/water and lighting. Perhaps it may help.

How do i put the files inside my world?
dodgy builder
#12 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 10:11 AM
I used s3pe, but you actually need to read the thread. I'm afraid I can't take you through it bit by bit. Another option now seems to be making a mod out of the parameters, but then you need to learn how to mod. It would be much easier to install, but I don't know how much work it will be to make.