Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 3:26 AM
Help with auto soils please
Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section

I created some lots in CAW, then built on them with EIG.

I went and placed them in my sunset valley.

On some of the lots I had placed auto soils via EIG.

However, even after several game days, none of these plants on any of these lots have grown.

No trees, no grapes... All of the spawners are working fine. There's wildflowers and seeds and bugs. But no auto soil plants.

I've been googling every search term I can think of, but I haven't found any help threads.

What did I do wrong, please assist me
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 4:49 AM
If I'm not confusing it with an awesomemod feature, plants won't grow or die if you're not playing on the household it's on. Or maybe it's a story progression thing. Are you using any mods? Try playing in the household you created a few days with someone taking care of the plants.

If you're doing it for decorative reasons, you make them grow instantly with debug options.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 5:04 AM
They will usually grow if placed in a lot designated as a park. Anything else and they don't. A fairy or green dragon will get them to bloom. I found this out after building a nifty consignment shop/public garden. When the lot was designated consignment shop, nothing grew. When I changed it to park, it did.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 5:16 AM
Then how do I get the plants to grow on a nectary like in Les Champs ?? baaaah.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 5:48 AM
Don't know. I think this is something that got borked in one of the last couple patches, cuz I used to put gardens everywhere and they worked. The consignment store that I wrote about was the first time I noticed stuff wasn't growing anymore. Haven't tried a nectary, but I know a park works.... maybe just designate the lot as a park, but build a nectary there? Registers work even if the lot's designated differently.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 10:46 AM
You pick up tomatoes soil etc in buydebug, put them on a lot in eig, make a beta by exporting it and start up the beta, put a family in and it should be working fine.
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 12:20 PM
Wait, so does this mean that you can't place, say, fruit tree spawners or grape spawners in caw outside a lot? Like the small grove in Al Simhara?
dodgy builder
#8 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:10 PM
Spawners should be placed in caw because if the downloader move the lot they tend to double up and create lag.

As I see it spawners are big white boxes, autosoil is something different apparently
Alchemist
#9 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:24 PM Last edited by varpunen : 21st Mar 2014 at 9:00 PM.
I should've said auto soils instead of spawners, sorry. What I meant is auto soils in caw and outside the lot. Do they still work? I made a field of grapes in caw, right outside the nectary lot. Or this problem restricted to lots only?
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 3:00 AM
Are these the autosoils you are using to place outside lots in CAW - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=467883? There are no problems reported with them in the thread unless there is a problem when the world is exported (see thread). The buydebug plants must be placed on lots, I believe. I've never placed autosoil plants outside lots so I can't speak from experience. Good luck!
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 5:26 PM
Yes, those are the ones I use. Okay, I guess I'll see what happens after the export then. Thanks.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Yes, those are the ones I use. Okay, I guess I'll see what happens after the export then. Thanks.

Do come back with an update when you have tested them Interesting to know.
Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:34 PM
Okay, I just tested the outside lot auto soils and they work perfectly. Didn't even have to wait for them to grow. When I loaded the world, they were already fully grown.
Scholar
#14 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 2:23 AM
Wonderful! That's good to know.