Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 7:44 PM
Default Set Default Camera View for World
Hey guys -

I want to know how to set the default camera view for when you enter a world for the first time in the sims 3.
It seems like the game just defaults to the middle of the map - I'd love to set the default view to focus on the main town or something like that.
How can you control this?

I'm talking about the view you see after EA words do their little camera fly over of the city.
The view right when you get to select a lot and start playing the game.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:03 PM
Oh yeah, I'd like to know it aswell!
dodgy builder
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:52 PM
There is a tutorial here somewhere about how to make a flyover I think it's called. Ouerbacker used it on Reyes. Otherwise than that I don't know.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 6:20 AM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 2nd Apr 2014 at 11:41 AM.
There's this from the CAW wiki:

http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/Creat...Initial_Flyover

EDIT: If you don't use a flyover, I've noticed that the position the camera is in when you save from EIG influences where the camera is looking when you load the world. Try positioning the camera where you want it with EIG and save, then see if it ends up in the right place when you install and play the world.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 11:56 PM
Moved this to the Create-a-World forums.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."