Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 9:10 PM Last edited by pedos_shouldnt_be_letfree : 8th Apr 2014 at 10:10 PM.
Can Default Replacements be included in world files?
I hadn't seen this question anywhere else before, but I had created some DRs of trees and am wondering

Can I merge my default replacement tree recolors into the world file to affect only one world instead of making them a separate download which would overwrite all game trees?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pedos_shouldnt_be_letfree
I hadn't seen this question anywhere else before, but I had created some DRs of trees and am wondering

Can I merge my default replacement tree recolors into the world file, instead of making them a separate download which would overwrite all game trees?
You can import the texture files into the world file via S3PE to overwrite them for just that world file.

You can also set up your CAW files to include items like textures, weather files, and other ini files on export. I use both methods - put all the files in the Extra folder for SuperCAW to export (and to keep them all with the world file), but also import with S3PE to see them during creation. If you save the world with new names to create backups, you'll need to manually copy your Extra folder into the new folders, as it isn't included when you use "Save As."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 10:33 PM
So fast and succinct! Thank-you.
If I manage to ruin this, despite familiarity, I will consult this thread again.