Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:04 PM
Default Community Building/Rabbit Hole Sizes
Sizes are Width x Depth, and based on the visible size on the lot - they may be slightly larger or smaller as far as usable footprint goes as this didn't show in-game so I just did my best counting. These should at least give you a starting point in planning your lot sizes for your new neighborhoods in Create a World.

City Hall: 47x20
City Hall (Riverview): 31x20

School: 34x20
School (Riverview) 34x20

Hospital: 33x25
Hospital (Riverview): 33x25

Bookstore: 10x13

Business Office: 21x21
Business Office (Riverview): 21x21

Mausoleum: 6x8
Mausoleum (Egyptian): 6x8
Mausoleum (Chinese): 6x8

Military Base: 39x39
Military Base (Riverview) 39x39

Supermarket: 12x15

Diner: 18x9

Bistro: 13x14

Stadium: 48x31
Stadium Sign: 7x2

Science Dome: 51x58
Science Building: 35x20
Science Building (Riverview): 35x20

Criminal Warehouse: 20x22

Police Station: 18x18

Theater: 16x26

Day Spa: 14x12

Radio Tower: 18x19
Satellite Dish: 12x10
Water Tower: 19x18
Water Tower (Riverview): 19x18
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:27 PM
Might want to make them a little bigger if you want to place objects on the lots. Like trees and things, if that's even possible.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:35 PM
Yes - these are just the minimum sizes for the objects themselves. You'll want a bigger lot for placing decorations around them, and you can also do mixed lots (more than one rabbit hole on the same lot), plus decorations of course.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 8:18 PM
This is very helpful, thanks for making this post. C:

Please call me Gale.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:06 PM
These are measurements I got from someone else:

Bistro : 20 x 20

Bookstore : 15 x 20

City Hall : 40 x 40

Corporate tower : 30 x 30

Criminal : 30 x 30

Day Spa : 20 x 20

Diner : 25 x 15

Graveyard : 10 x 15

Hospital : 30 x 40

Military : 50 x 40

Police Station : 25 x 30

School : 30 x 40

Science : 30 x 40

Supermarket : 15 x 20

Stadium : 40 x 50

Theathre : 25 x 30
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:11 PM
ioscream - Those numbers you just posted definitely aren't very accurate at all - I may be one or two tiles off on a few for example, city hall is definitely not 40 tiles deep in either version, the diner is not 15 tiles deep... those look more like someone's quick guesses than what they actually are sized like in game.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:51 PM Last edited by ioscream : 19th Dec 2009 at 2:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
ioscream - Those numbers you just posted definitely aren't very accurate at all - I may be one or two tiles off on a few for example, city hall is definitely not 40 tiles deep in either version, the diner is not 15 tiles deep... those look more like someone's quick guesses than what they actually are sized like in game.

Yeah, my only problem with yours so far was the stadium.. though, I'm not sure how many tiles need to be empty around it.. I would imagine only 1, but I made my lot 50x35 and you have 48x31 and my stadium would not fit.. EDIT: due to the fact that you have to lay down a foundation to make a perfectly flat lot for building placement.

I haven't tried any others.. still trying to plan out my attack.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 2:03 AM
This is great HP! Big time saver for me. Does anyone know the sizes of the rabbit hole lots in either of the towns?
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 4:42 AM
Thanks HP, that's very helpful

For some reason, I'm getting placement errors (Location Out Of Bounds) when placing rabbithole buildings on lots that are plenty big for em, are flat, have no other objects, and that aren't overlapping with other lots, roads etc. I can place em with Moveobjects On, but I don't know why it's happening. Any ideas? I put some down anyway, and I'm about to test whether they function properly :p
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 12:31 PM
Thank HP!

I had another list but while make a town I didn't think it was acurately, yours seems to fit better with what I had in mind.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 5:44 PM
I had to use the moveobjects cheat to place the science dome on a 64x64 lot. It wouldn't fit otherwise. I flattened the lot, checked for obstructions, deleted it, redrew it, but nothing worked. I was able to place the other commercial buildings and rabbitholes without any problems (the dome was last). There's probably a reason why CAW is doing this, but it sure seems random.

Actually, I did have more than one problem. The Science facility rabbithole would only place in two differents spots on the 64x64 grid, despite the fact that it "fit" everywhere on the grid. Again, I also flattened that lot and even re-did it once. After I enable moveobjects I went back and put it where I wanted it.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:34 AM
I have the same problem as NekoCat and Srikandi. Although the lot is big, the community buildings don't want to fit. And I see "Location Out Of Bounds" sign...

What is more the restaurant san only be placed slantwise - I have no idea why...

And some buildings placed successfully in the game (hospital, school, town hall) and saved are invisible in the CAW.

I will try "move objects on" as well - but tell me - do the buildings work when placed with it?
Eminence Grise
#13 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:40 AM
Yes they do -- I exported my town and tested it with sims. All the rabbitholes worked fine.

I have the invisible buildings too, but they're fine in-game. The ones I had that disappeared were Riverview versions of the school and town hall rabbitholes, dunno if that's the reason or if that was just a coincidence (is there a Riverview hospital? Don't remember.)
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:43 AM
Mine invisible buildings were from Riverview as well... Yes, there are 2 hospitals, but they look really similar (or even they are the same, but have a different names).
Retired
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:43 AM
Pescado clarified that invisibility issue for me in chat the other day. CAW doesn't read non-basegame files like Riverview, shop stuff, etc, although you will see them in-game (or in EIG mode).
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 4:57 PM
Today I spend going back and forth between CAW and "edit in game" to make an accurate list of the minimum size of a lot needed to place rabbit holes on them. Most rabbit holes/decorative building have some free tiles around them, but without those I wasn't able to place the buildings without using the moveobject cheat. You can, of course, make the lot bigger to add more decorations and/or landscaping.

On the list are not only the rabbit holes but also decorative buildings that can be found in the same category in "edit in game". You might not have all the buildings on the list if you haven't downloaded Riverview or have WA installed.

Barn 12x19
Chinese Mausoleum 7x10
Egyptian Mausoleum 7x10
Specter Family Mausoleum 7x10
City Hall (big) 49x21
City Hall (small) 33x22
Community School for the Gifted 36x21
Truelong Community School 36x21
County Care General Hospital 34x27
Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital 34x27
Divisadero Budget Books 10x15
EverFresh Delights Supermarket 13x17
Doo Peas Corporate Towers I (high) 23x23
Doo Peas Corporate Towers II (low) 23x23
Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner 18x11
Little Corsican Bistro 15x14
Sharma Day Spa 13x14
Sunflower Spa 13x14
Fort Gnome Military Base 42x42
Fort Salas Military Base 42x42
Landgraab Industries Science Dome 52x59
Landgraab Industries Science Facilities (science building) 36x21
Soil and Water Research Facilities (science building) 36x21
Llama Memorial Stadium 50x40
Athletic Announcer Sign 2x9
Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. 22x22
Police Department 22x21
Radio Tower 21x20
Satellite Dish 15x15
Wilsinoff Community Theatre 17x25
Watertower 20x22
Watertower with checkered border 20x22

Enjoy!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:00 PM
Excellent, thanks Rumpelteazer!

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:14 AM
Would someone please update this for Ambitions. I can't get the game yet but I would like to allow room for the new community lots in the world I'm building. Thanks
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 10:49 PM
Wait, about the Radio Tower, Satellite Dish, Science Dome and Water Tower. We don't need to put them on their own lots cause they don't do anything AND they're availabe as game objects in Metadata. Right? I mean, we could just plop the Science Dome down outside the Science Facility lot as decor to complete it's look. Or is there a use in having them inside lots?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 8:38 AM
Very useful!! thanks for taking the time to put this together

~ Nyn ~
Retired
retired moderator
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 10:02 AM
Quote:
Wait, about the Radio Tower, Satellite Dish, Science Dome and Water Tower. We don't need to put them on their own lots cause they don't do anything AND they're availabe as game objects in Metadata. Right? I mean, we could just plop the Science Dome down outside the Science Facility lot as decor to complete it's look. Or is there a use in having them inside lots?

These are purely decorative.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:42 AM
Will this thread be updated for new rabbitholes?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:09 AM
Can you update with the twinbrook sizes?
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 7:04 PM
Iam a little confused about the rabbitholes.. Iam working on a project and only have room for 30X30 lots.. Does that mean I can not make any custom rabbit holes that are larger then that in this list? What I mean is I have to have at least the space listed avaible?

Rheassi
------------
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
yes, you do. You need AT LEAST lots that are big as the rabbit hole, or more, unless you do want them to be on your roads. =)
Page 1 of 3