Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 11:28 AM
EGYPT world into Regular Neighborhood??
Can you actually edit or convert this world file into a regualr neighborhood instead of being a subhood.

Or can actually edit it in The Sims 3 Create-A-World TOOL???

anyone knows how??? please??
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 6:56 PM
You can use Twallan's Traveler mod to move there with your family if you take them on vacation to Egypt and then Change Hometown while you are there. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 7:58 AM
that's great.... but instead of MOD I just want it to be a regular neighborhood or it is possible to edit or convert it ???
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 1:39 PM
Bump!! anyone knows???
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 1:47 PM
Yes, it is perfectly possible to edit it in CAW. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 2:37 PM
thanks KattenIjin this is very helpful :D
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 2:49 PM
Ok i follow the first method on the thread that you gave to me but when it almost done this is what i've got
Screenshots
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 2:50 PM
what should i do now!? please help i want that EGYPT world so bad T_T
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 4:25 AM
BUMP!!

is there a way to solve this problem??
i try the second method but the error is still the same

please help me
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 7:34 AM
If you're looking for a home-world version of Al Simhara, you could try using SimRealtor's Al Shibalba.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 4:12 PM
We have stickies to useful resources and information in the CAW forum section where the Editing premade thread lives. Do you mean those suggestions do not work to fix the issue in that screenshot? The ones in http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595 ?
If you have problems with CAW you should post in the thread you're following...
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 10:29 AM
sadly, yes those method didn't work on mine
need a help
In the Arena
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:04 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

You've made CAW to be LAA and still get the same error? On clean user folder and files that are vanilla - ie CC-free?
Means the issue is either a corrupt install; or a weak, or older machine, or both. The image is showing Windows XP, so I'd guess it is a tad old by today's standards. Post Specs and we'll see.
Are you also on an Admin account on this machine?

And, I'm moving this to the correct section so you don't have to restart a new thread over.
I see that you're not a new member, so perhaps you may have forgotten. Please take the time to refresh your memory regarding our Site Rules and Guidelines to posting. I'd really hate to start using the Warning points system for any further infractions.
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 11:07 AM Last edited by MTS2Staff : 29th Apr 2013 at 5:50 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4128577, 4128575
My Processor is Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs)
My RAM memory is 2GB RAM
My Graphics is a built in VRAM:
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Display Memory: 224.0 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
My OS is Windows XP SP2

-LG DVD/CD-ROM
-SAMSUNG HAR DISK DRIVE (80GB)

that's my system specs...

----
The Game runs smoothly without no issue but the settintgs are low-mid..
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 3:06 PM
Well. there is the hard way, and there is the easy way: Starter Link This link will not get you there directly, but it will get you started. I really don't see much difference in someone telling you how to do this step by step, and someone who has already done it making it available. It seems to be a distinction without a difference.
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 3:54 AM
thank you High Plains Gamer that's helpful, i hope this one works
In the Arena
retired moderator
#17 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 4:47 PM
The specs is incomplete - no HardDrive information...

You may need to create separate profiles for your gameplay and CAW work. If you don't want to do manual renaming of folders each time you switch from playing to CAW-ing, use programs like the Any Game Starter. That would allow you to have just the WA EP (and selective CC) that you want to use for the world in a CAW profile, and not your whole set.

Because with that amount of RAM and an integrated graphics, the CPU should be stronger to compensate. Sadly that CPU is not up to that job.

Using a ready-made WIP file won't help when you edit the world to your liking and still have issues saving it.
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 3:14 AM Last edited by MTS2Staff : 2nd May 2013 at 7:29 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4129627, 4129631
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
The specs is incomplete - no HardDrive information...

You may need to create separate profiles for your gameplay and CAW work. If you don't want to do manual renaming of folders each time you switch from playing to CAW-ing, use programs like the Any Game Starter. That would allow you to have just the WA EP (and selective CC) that you want to use for the world in a CAW profile, and not your whole set.

Because with that amount of RAM and an integrated graphics, the CPU should be stronger to compensate. Sadly that CPU is not up to that job.

Using a ready-made WIP file won't help when you edit the world to your liking and still have issues saving it.

thank you ma'am for all the information you'd shared to me it's very helpful...
i successfully converted the Al Simhara Egypt yesterday with the help of HighPlainsGamer....
Thank you for all of your help :D
God bless you all

this problem is SOLVED so you may close this thread if you like Sir/Ma'am
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkshader15
thank you ma'am for all the information you'd shared to me it's very helpful...
i successfully converted the Al Simhara Egypt yesterday with the help of HighPlainsGamer....
Thank you for all of your help :D
God bless you all

this problem is SOLVED so you may close this thread if you like Sir/Ma'am

Can you put it up for download?
Alchemist
#20 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xion123
Can you put it up for download?

First, this is nearly a year old thread. Secondly, you can see that the member in question had been banned.

However, there is a playable, improved Al Simhara made by MySimRealty, only with a different name: http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_AlShibalba.html
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
First, this is nearly a year old thread. Secondly, you can see that the member in question had been banned.

However, there is a playable, improved Al Simhara made by MySimRealty, only with a different name: http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_AlShibalba.html

I have seen this, but it requires Ambitions (and pets, if I recall), and it will probably be a while before I get another Expansion, so I was just wondering.
Alchemist
#22 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 6:08 PM
Found it: https://www.facebook.com/notes/my-s...504682462933671

Next time I suggest using the WCIF section.
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Found it: https://www.facebook.com/notes/my-s...504682462933671

Next time I suggest using the WCIF section.

Thank you :D
dodgy builder
#24 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xion123
Thank you :D

Either that or walk the steps of the OP