Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 3:33 AM Last edited by pdnz : 7th Apr 2014 at 4:48 AM.
Default Error loading world file in CAW
so i have been working on a custom world for a few weeks, well its a premade world which i am editing/changing. not a store world etc...
it has been fine up until last night, i have been saving regularly and then there was a error within CAW and i needed to force it closed it was not the typical memory error or anything, all it said was CAW has crashed, however it continued to work but i could not select any world objects, trees etc to place, so i closed it then started up CAW again... ... when i now go to load my world again, it will not even open any of my backup saves... it only tells me "unable to load file C:\users.....etc) no explaination of why.

i can however open other worlds like riverview lite and sunset Valley lite etc.

i have tried to uninstall CAW and reinstall (backing up my files first of course)
moving mods folder and DCcache etc (which was already moved while working on the world)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 1:05 AM
Hey pdnz, I had this same problem, and had a total meltdown, however after intensive googling, I came upon Simsample's tutorial : http://modthesims.info/t/469942 and that got my world working again, and everything was the same. Just follow the first method. Good luck!