Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 3:00 AM
Ooh, thanks so much for this! I've managed to convert many of my favorite oufits with this method, which makes me very happy. <3 I just have one little thing that bugs me...When using your nude meshes to convert clothes, the nipples poke through the clothing. Similar to these oufits. It irks me. D: Is there any way to prevent this?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 11:32 AM
If you're using the nude mesh, no... the nipples are part of the mesh. If you're trying to make a smoother outfit, start with something like the Underwear mesh instead, and it should do the trick. The mesh you start with determines the shape of the outfit, the 2nd outfit then supplies the texture over that mesh.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see my latest creations!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial updated 11-18-06
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 11:56 PM
Floating Head in shower How can I fix It?????
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 12:34 PM
You're missing the meshes... download them from the adult site for whichever sizes you're using.

Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 8:46 PM
ok I'm a total boob... I can't get it.... I an trying to switch a hbb out fit into a teen slim bb out fit but it did not work. can u plz help me wit this.
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 8:10 PM
I just wanted to thank you, Warlokk, for writing this tutorial. For years, I had no idea how to use Bodyshop, or even why it would be useful. Now, however, I think I spend more time in Bodyshop than the game itself! I love putting stuff that I like on your meshes - my wardrobe has increased exponentially since I read this page. Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for all of the help and advice that you give. It is very much appreciated!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 7:41 PM
Really awesome

bubbles29625. what's messed up?
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:23 PM
your tutorial is very useful. But if I add some other clothes' .bmp files (not yours) to your mesh such as 34den, the body top is good but bottom is always turn to shorts(although it is short skirt before). Could you tell me what I need to do with that?
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:38 PM
If you put a skirt texture on a non-skirt mesh, it will look like shorts. You have to use a mesh that is at least similar to the one the texture came from, i.e. another skirt.

Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 12:44 AM
Thanks! Top you.
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:10 AM
I'm having a hard time converting a light skin tone, to a dark skin tone! I keep getting a dark skin with a light face. Can someone help?
Not actually evil.
#37 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:24 AM
malachi0420 please post your question in the bodyshop recoloring forum.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:41 AM
Love your work, made my game worth playing. Any plans for Sims 3?
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:39 PM
Can anyone tell me which bodyshop he's referring to? And is there a simpler way to figuring out all of this? cause i don't understand any of it. I understand he's no longer around but maybe someone else knows how to make it work.
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 3:06 AM
Blaquerayne, I believe he is referring to the Sims Bodyshop which comes with the game. If you open up your programs, you should find it under the latest expansion pack you have installed.
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 4:15 AM Last edited by blaquerayne : 7th Dec 2009 at 7:45 AM.
Okay I did exactly what was posted, and nothing happen. How do you know if it works? And do you have to use the same skin tone?

When he says copy, does that mean make a copy of the file and move it to the other folder? Or am I missing somthing.

*edit* Okay I figured out the body but where are the clothes I need to do outfits?
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 7:52 AM
I know this thread hasn't been replied to in forever...but I think this is probably the best place to ask this.

I've just started using the bodyshapes, and I love it! I've been able to convert the skins and a few clothes that I use into different sizes, but I've had problems with two particular outfits.
http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/...Screenshot3.jpg

Both these outfits come from later expansion packs. The red dress comes from FreeTime and the tanktop and shorts as a one-piece from H&M fashion stuff. I want to convert both to 34DEnh with 34 size hips. When I try this with meshes I've downloaded, it turns out quite bad:
http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/...apeproblems.jpg

How can I fix this to make it look decent? And is there available meshes that would be best for these outfits?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyubi-Nemu
How can I fix this to make it look decent? And is there available meshes that would be best for these outfits?

The outfits look weird because of the UV maps. Not every UV map for every outfit is the same. Sometimes certain parts of the mesh are mapped to odd places (like the top of the dress is mapped to where you'd expect the legs to be). This happened more in the later expansion packs, and you'll see it a lot in custom meshes (sometimes there's just no other place to put that piece!).

You won't be able to use a custom mesh that you downloaded unless you break it apart and redo the UV map. Even then, it would be tricky. If you want more buxom ladies wearing these clothes, I would suggest learning to make a basic mesh. Then you can use the appropriate meshes and increase their bust and hip sizes accordingly. You shouldn't have to do much (if anything) to the UV map in that case... so it'll be a lot simpler.
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 11:43 PM
Ok, thanks for the help
Sockpuppet
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 1:15 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 2nd Oct 2011 at 1:45 AM.
If you like i can convert them into the 34Denhx34 bodyshape but to save some time i prefer you sent me the meshes.
i did tons for the 34dex36 but just one outfit for the 34 hipsize:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,679.0.html
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:49 AM
Oh wow, would you really do that? That's so kind of you to offer! What do you mean by send you the meshes? How would I do that?
Sockpuppet
#47 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 1:10 AM
i just reinstalled sims 2 so i dont need the meshes but you could help me out by cloning both the outfits with bodyshop.
When cloned both are located in the savedsimsfolder, those i would like to have.

I can then make a meshfile and attached it to the outfit files.
Both meshes i can run through Poser to give them the 34dex34 shape, its not that much work.
Is the fatstate important to have?
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 7:33 AM
Clone? In bodyshop I cloned the sims with the outfits and found them in SavedSims, so hopefully that's what you mean. How can I send you these files?

No. The fatstate isn't neccessary. I wouldn't use it for the sims that would wear these clothes - only normal and the thin state.

And once again, thanks so much for this!
Sockpuppet
#49 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 3:01 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 5th Oct 2011 at 5:10 PM.
nevermind, got them

Edit,
Here you go:
Its been a few years since i made a few of these and have not checked them ingame.
Let me know
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  34dex34.7z (657.9 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 6:38 AM
They work perfectly!! Thank you so much, you and this is amazing!! I can't thank you enough!!
Page 2 of 3