Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 4:03 AM
step 3 - 4 Plz help first mod
Step 3- Once loaded, you'll be greeted with a screen like the one below. Find your clothing from the relevant section and click use

Step 4- Commit and save. if you want to do this for a teen, elder, male or female, this is the procedure you follow. Easy

----
I've done all the steps and have been trying this for days but i can't seem to get the cloths to stick, I am trying to use a "superman returns" (crazydragon21277 - Superman Returns final), I've gotten the last uniform in the cloned Law Enforcement career to change, this is for a custom superman career in which i replace Capt. Hero. however it is changing to the Green Kilt, and not the superman Costume/mesh.

I've tried giving both the career and cloths individual GUIDs but, I can't quiite get. Can you explain what i might be doing wrong. I've gone through all of your tutorials.

Otherwise yout Tuts are great!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 2:26 AM
ok, I've checked, double checked, and tripple checked myself... but something is still wrong. When told to change for work, my sim simply spins on the spot and is in his every day clothing... I don't get it, what am I missing? Any idea?

I would post my step-by step procedure for someone to find mistakes in, but it is the same as the tutorial on page 1...
~Ash~

~MC6Ash~
Instructor
#28 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 7:40 PM
Is there a way to specifiy young adult or does that get included in with the adult clothing change? I am working on an easel that changes the sim from regular clothing to a painting smock full outfit. So far, this is working except for the young adult. Would the young adult need a separate outfit from the adult?
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 8:08 PM
Hi all! Could you help me about how can I change the clothes of the DEFAULT careers? I want a little bit naughty dress on ladys :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 2:16 PM
Salve all! First just wanted to say this is a great tutorial!

Second... I'm in the process of attaching outfits to a career. Basicly I want every career level to have its outfits. Now.. do I have to create a different file (using Vagrant's file) for each outfit? I would think no, cause it would be too much, but then, how do I assign different GUIDs to each outfit? If I go to Object Data, I can only assign one GUID for the entire file...

Maybe it's something I'm missing out, but I cannot find the answer anywhere .

Thank you!
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 10:39 PM
I have a funny question...well, its actually driving me crazy!
I don't know where to put the GUIDS for woman clothes in my career !
Ive followed the tutorial step by step - and i have put in all the guids for male clothes, but i don't have an idea where to write those for male!
I'm trying and trying, and i have ran out of ideas,
PLEASE, so please - someone help me.
Ive finished my career days ago, and the only thing that keeps me from finalizing it is the outfit problem
Thanx in advance!
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:14 PM
hi i used somone elses career as a template but for the first few levels i want it so that they go to work in there everyday how do i change it to it will do that?
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 4:20 PM
when i am doing this I press use after selecting my clothes and nothing happens! What is going on?
Test Subject
#34 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 12:53 AM
I was disappointed that you did not explain about giving it a guid, I am not a moldder so I have no idea what to do , I just wanted to be able to replace the defult clothing in a carrer, also first step threw me off you didn't specify open customk uniform package with sim pe or just open sim pe I had to figure that one out on my own, Is there anyone who can explain to not moldders how to replace defult unifoms please.
Banned
#35 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 8:21 PM
I do apologize if this has been adressed before.I was wondering how to include Maxis everyday clothes as uniforms for careers thank you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#36 Old 21st May 2009 at 6:49 PM
I don't have SimPE open right now but if you examine an existing career in the career editor, you should see a space for an uniform GUID. A uniform object is a collection of outfits which are referred to by name. I can't remember if you need one per age group (male and female included) or whether one uniform collection has both genders and all ages. Anyway, use object workshop in advanced mode to clone a uniform template and use that as your base.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Banned
#37 Old 21st May 2009 at 11:47 PM
thanks so much Inge that helps out more than you know.
Banned
#38 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 10:41 PM
Default hi
hi
i'm new at modding i figured how to make careers and recoloring clothing.
i can't add clothes to career. can u help?
chris
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 5:44 AM
Hello, I thought I might be posting in too-old a thread, but I see others have posted in the last few months...

... What do I do if I DON'T want any uniforms linked to my custom career? (ie, I want them to go to work everyday at every level in their everyday clothes).

I really appreciate the help! (just starting ventures into modding)
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 2:27 AM
i got confused on part b #2
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dominiquex
Hello, I thought I might be posting in too-old a thread, but I see others have posted in the last few months...

... What do I do if I DON'T want any uniforms linked to my custom career? (ie, I want them to go to work everyday at every level in their everyday clothes).

I really appreciate the help! (just starting ventures into modding)

Open Bidou's career editor and under outfit (or something like that) and choose -none-
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Fatecheater : 13th Mar 2010 at 10:56 AM.
I've been trying for days, and yet I couldn't find a solution for this... problem with custom uniform for a certain career. I'll be extremely specific here, so please point out what I have to do, considering that I have absolutely no experience in modding.

I downloaded The Order career (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=196139) some weeks ago, but was not quite satisfied with some descriptions and career outfits. So, I started modifying this career, using my so-limited knowledge about SimPE and finished changing mostly everything to my liking except the career uniforms. I downloaded these 2 sims (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=148097) and was very fond of their outfits, so much that I want the last 4 levels of my newly modified career to have it.

Here is the problem: I can't find the outfit file ANYWHERE, though they still show up in my game, which means I don't have a clothing file but still have the clothes. In addition, I've learned that I need to do something with SimPE/Behaviour Contant/Outfit GUID, but I have completely no idea whhat that "something" is!

I'm quite beaten up at this point. Could anyone help me out here?

UPDATED: after messing up the career more than a couple of times, I still haven't figured out what is missing yet. Again, someone with sufficient knowledge about this, please guide me
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#43 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 6:14 PM
Many thanks for this tutorial - I am trying my hand at this - something new

Btw - you can remove Step 7 and add "Click the Reload button (top right) before clicking OK" in Step 6. The reload button changes from grey to yellow when it needs to be pressed.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 7:08 PM
Is it possible to have different outfits for men and women for the same level?
I mean like in my Modeling career there is a level named Swimsuit model. So men and women should wear a swimsuit when going to work. But men can't wear a bikini so I was wondering what I can do?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#45 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 12:06 AM
I did every thing and the out fit pic just wont show up!
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th May 2011 at 1:39 PM Last edited by UnspecifiedMeso : 7th May 2011 at 4:07 PM.
Thank you, this tutorial was a great help.

One question, Vagrant mentioned in an earlier post (years ago, I know) that it was possible to attach custom hats/accesories to your outfits. I really want to attach an accesory to a specific outfit for both men and women. How would I do that?

EDIT: After closer inspection (using the CustomUniform001 file), I figured that the location in which I were to add the accesories/hair to the outfit would be either one of the "category" property sets, am I right? Does anyone know which property set belongs to which?

I'm a little chicken to experiment on it myself, hah.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:22 PM
How I can change the outfit of the law career, included in hobbies, at level 9?
Without having to create a personalized career.
Banned
#48 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:24 PM Last edited by sugar : 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: updated
Custom Slave Clothing For My Custom Career
I am making a slave career for my friend, but the clothes he made won't show up when I try to link the clothes to my career. I have the tutorial for linking clothes to career, but it won't work. Help.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#49 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 1:44 AM
This probably belongs in the thread with the tutorial. What do you mean "it won't work"? What are you doing or not doing? Does the outfit he made require a custom mesh? Do you have that mesh? Please give more details.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Banned
#50 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:58 AM
The clothing I'm linking to career are two piece. I have the tutorial for attaching clothing to careers, but it's missing something. No custom mesh needed.
Page 2 of 3