Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 12:53 AM Last edited by NataSqui : 1st Jul 2006 at 11:25 PM.
Default NEW: Creating a Custom Major!
Hey all!

It's me again, and this time i'm back to teach you all a lesson.
IN CREATING!

Some people have started to PM me about where i learnt to make majors. I grabbed bits and pieces from everywhere really, so it's hard to tell people where to look. So i came up with a tutorial for personal use, and figured it was pretty straightforward so i'm posting it here today for you all to read and hopefully get into making your own University majors.

The file is a WinRAR and the actual tutorial is in HTML mode, that way both Windows and Mac users could view the tutorial. I would have just written it here, but it is pretty long, and plus, HTML mode is much, much cooler :D

Don't forget to press the thankyou button if you found this tutorial handy, and if you have any problems, just post here :D

-NataSqui
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Making Custom Majors Tutorial.rar (1.16 MB, 3047 downloads)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 1:42 AM
I don't know if you meant this to happen, but none of the pictures on the html page are working, as none of them are in the file folder that goes with it. Which makes it harder to use (the tutorial) as obviously the pictures were meant to be included.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 1:48 AM Last edited by NataSqui : 1st Jul 2006 at 2:37 AM.
Okay, thankyou, i will fix it immediately.

**EDIT**

I had a look in the files, and the pictures weren't there after all. I'll fix it right away!

**EDIT**

It's good to go.

ON WEDNESDAYS, WE WEAR PINK
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 2:45 AM
I just downloaded it and its still not working for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 3:09 AM
Really? What's the problem?

Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 3:25 AM
No pics here either..for HTML files, you need to include every single picture in the file.

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 3:31 AM
The pictures aren't really necessary as every little step is explained in the tutorial, but they're handy. I fixed it finally and downloaded it myself to make sure, and found out the problem was that i just kept adding the unfinished rar instead of the fixed one.

So, the problem is fixed, please re-download!
Many thanks for your feedback too :D

-NataSqui

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 8:55 AM
I use the more simple career editor, which is built-in in the newest version of SimPE.
But this is very handfull knowledge, since the career editor can't do everything.
Great Work.

http://paradox-symphony.deviantart.com

If you like my creations then please rate and comment. I love feedback :D
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 10:55 AM
Awsome work NataSqui- thanks

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 8:04 PM
Is there a way to adjust what skills you have to have for each class to get good grades or not?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 10:45 PM
Yes, actually there is a way, but it confuses the hell out of people, and even myself, and because i don't adjust the skills and such in my own majors, i don't really remember exactly what to do... so hence i don't think i'm any help there

Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 7:16 PM
thanks for the help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 1:40 AM
You're welcome!

Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 8:28 PM
It opens up in windows media player once i download it. i dont know what to do.
Part-time Hermit
#15 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 7:01 AM
You need WinRAR to open the file, like said in the first post.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 9:58 PM
Um, when I used this, the major didn't show up in game. Whiterider checked it out and found the problem: in step 2(b) it says to copy your new GUID and paste it into the Orig. GUID and Fallback GUID boxes. However, this won't work. You should leave them as they are.
Thanks for the tutorial though, I wouldn't have been able to do this at all otherwise :D

Daniel
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 10:29 AM
could you make a zip one please? sorry for any trouble, I'm really into this whole custom things now.
Part-time Hermit
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 1:35 PM
draik12, why don't you just get a rar extractor? For example 7-Zip is completely free.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:19 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 4th Sep 2006 at 10:29 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
yeah, i spose, except my dad would kill me... he hates me downloading programs, SimPE was hard enough to get!

got it! love the LONG way to making majors, i love programming things so... it works for me. currently making a french major for no reason. bit weird if you think about it... oh, and thanks ignorantbliss for the link, it really helped.

NATASQUI! i found out how to change hours from another tutorial! read on:

Now here is the part that it is easiest to leave out. Click on Behavior Constants on the resource tree. You can change the levels of skill
and mood required for each level the number or hours and the how
much mood it takes away. the name should explain what you are
changing so im just going to explain the rest.
You should have a bunch of BCONS to choose. on each on as in the
picture below the left box contains the number of each level. the
right box contains the amount (eg. for skills it is 100 = 1 skill point).

hope this helps everyone
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by draik12
yeah, i spose, except my dad would kill me... he hates me downloading programs, SimPE was hard enough to get!

got it! love the LONG way to making majors, i love programming things so... it works for me. currently making a french major for no reason. bit weird if you think about it... oh, and thanks ignorantbliss for the link, it really helped.

NATASQUI! i found out how to change hours from another tutorial! read on:

Now here is the part that it is easiest to leave out. Click on Behavior Constants on the resource tree. You can change the levels of skill
and mood required for each level the number or hours and the how
much mood it takes away. the name should explain what you are
changing so im just going to explain the rest.
You should have a bunch of BCONS to choose. on each on as in the
picture below the left box contains the number of each level. the
right box contains the amount (eg. for skills it is 100 = 1 skill point).

hope this helps everyone

how do change start time? BTW this is awesome
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 6:51 PM Last edited by whiterider : 7th Dec 2006 at 7:32 PM.
Fiddling with the BCONs is teh awesomeness: however be aware it can really screw up your file. i'll post detailed instructions on editting this stuff when I get a chance.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 9:19 PM
I have a problem with SimPe.I can't open the Other->Sim Type file because my Object Workshop menu keeps clipping.It's like clip,clip,clip all the time and I can't open anything.Please help me.

May Viegramukha have pity on you,Nomad Soul !

Xardas :" And He said "Come !" ,and they came.All of them,even the dragons !"
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 11:12 AM
The Tutorial is written perfectly, great work, thanks a lot

DWBH
"Don't Worry Be Happy" (Bob Marley)
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 11:41 PM
I clicked on the link and got a "not found on server..." is it just not available right now or is it gone..
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 7:17 PM
Thank you for the tutorial! I start now making a Fanfictionwriter Major, but how do link the Major to the correct jobs?

I apologise for my bad grammar and writing, be nice English is not my native tongue^^
Page 1 of 2