Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 11:39 PM Last edited by V1ND1CARE : 17th Sep 2006 at 1:48 PM.
Default Tutorial on Wall Height Reduction Under 4 Clicks
This tutorial is on how to create zero-, one-, two-, and three- click walls. I have written the document in Word and it is assumed that the reader has a basic working knowledge of the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat.

The applications of my method defy the scope of this rudimentary tutorial. (And it is rudimentary. Spelling fanatics and English majors will have a heyday with my writing. Thus, apologies given in advance.) So, have fun with it. Torture the cheat to the fullest extent and always think outside of the box. ANYTHING is possible in this game.

(Below are pictures of various ways in which this method may be applied.)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tutorial on Wall Height Reduction (V1ND1CARE).rar (1,018.6 KB, 4412 downloads)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 11:50 PM
OOOOHHH! I'm going to check back every hour to catch this ASAP after approval. I can hardly wait to see how you managed to trick the system into doing the impossible.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 11:51 PM
A great thank you for this tuto...Sure it wil be useful when it will be downloadable

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 3:36 AM
thanks so much! i've been salivating (not really) at the thought of that when i first caught sight of it in your journal! Thanks so much!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 9:53 AM
Great tutorial! Moved to the Build Tutorial forum

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:00 AM
Make it be approved! :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:13 AM
Here I hold the same wish as Inge... ... U know, I'm been jumping ups and down...
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:24 AM
I've been waiting for this one , HUGE thanks for sharing your findings V1ND1CARE, i can't wait for it to be approved!!! (wow @ 2nd pic).And since i am here and i know many will read this i cannot understand why you haven't been awarded with the MOOMOO award just yet (you have contributed so many outstanding lots and finds with the community). I will be waiting to see you there next month.

Regards

Corvi

You will find my older and newest creations here
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:43 AM
Oooh ! More secrets, Knowledges and findings shared... How nice. Thanks

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 2:05 PM Last edited by patul : 17th Sep 2006 at 2:35 PM.
It is downloadable...

I dont undertand everything... but I work it !

A great MERCI !!

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 2:59 PM
I'm about to go try putting it in action. It sounds like with a little practice it should be readily doable.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 3:21 PM Last edited by niol : 25th Sep 2006 at 11:33 AM.
Wow, that's so cool, the undo-redo method is working very well in the base game...
Just a note, this technique can work with non-modified walls (the default wall1 settings)
gonna check which modicaiton(s) may enervate this technique.
*Added*:, for those walls with "requiresFlatTop true" should work well.

Great job... V1ND1CARE

THanks... Now, I'm jumping more!

Seemingly, an exploit on the undo-redo scripting of the engine can break the preset limit routine... the resultant addition or substraction was done for the undo-redo scripting separately instead of running the same tool to cause the effect. Thus the 4-click-limit-setting could have been set in the build tool itself rather than the temporary file or the lot file or else and so might not have been enforced for the scripting routine.

Now, I'm thikning if this hypothesis can be true and its further applications.
It may have something to do with the undo-ctrl-delete trick as well as the simple undo trick.for the ground.

Not much to add for now:
So, tiles can be done before the deformation. I've 2 levels of tile intertwined...
that'll be really cool decorations... :D
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 3:27 PM
The method is extremely simple but users should be cautious in later using the cfe on top of or below where they have lowered the wall. The game does try to correct itself and will undo your work. But this can be exploited as well.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 2:19 PM
This is great tutorial and I’m going to try it, thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 4:44 AM
Wow! Just picking up my jaw from the floor! Awesome technique! I've lost count of how many times I've said 'not possible' in the past to people who've asked if walls less than 4 clicks are possible. And your lots are in a class of their own. Outstanding.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 2:55 PM
Thanks cyclonesue. There are so many variations that this technique opens up -- true caves and basements, for one. The build mechanics just continue to surprise me.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 3:39 PM
V1ND1CARE, how do you come up with all these cool things that boggle the mind!? I agree with corvidophile2, you should be awarded for creating the impossible. Thank you for this tutorial.

In your journal you showed a basement that you said was possible through combining floors with the ground. I noticed that you had no ground deformation that you would have to mask with another wall or plants. Another impossible feat that is done with this method?

Anyway thanks again for the tut. (Tiko spoke very highly of you in a thread and that's how I found this!)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 4:56 PM
lol... I back that V1ND1CARE should be awarded for all the amazing things she's shown ...

I'm gonna experiment the cave thing or basement thing you've found out... when I'm freer... :D
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 3:57 PM
I stumbled at the first hurdle... how do I get the wall to be 4 clicks high??? Call me stupid but ive never used this cheat before...

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
#20 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:23 PM
I just replied to your same question in another thread.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 7:28 PM
Default Help!
Am I doing something wrong, or does it only work with the base game? I have all the EPs, SPs and patches and I can't do it!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 11:09 PM
Timmnuv2,

are you sure you follow the tutorial carefully? say, not missing when to activate or deactivate the cheat? Properly undo and then redo the sequences.
The turorial maker has "Games Purchased: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business Stuff Packs Purchased: Family Fun". So, the trick should still work in the EP/SP you have listed in your profile.

Lol, just try again more carefully... and I believe you'll get there... I personally have tried the tutorial for at least several times, and it's working well. It's a powerful trick.
#23 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 11:54 PM
Some of the build things are working differently after installing Pets, I have found. Niol, did you try this since then?
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 12:48 PM
I actually have Pets and Glamour, I just forgot to update my profile.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:19 PM
Inge Jones,

No, I've no pets EP coz I'm broke right now. $_$
Oh no, what this infers sounds a horrible news . Recently, I'm already very much "impressed" psychotically by all the build-mode-related news about what Pets has brought us! Maxis has successfully created an impression that every new EP of theirs is likely a whole bunch of nightmares!
Don't tell me Maxis tried to enervate this trick intentionally and/or innocently... by calling it a fix! &
Seemingly, the overall Pets team is a horrible one.

Yet, with Numenor's BaseGameStarter *PRO*, This shouldn't be a big problem so far, right?

All,

Has anyone with Pets tried to install and run a lot with <4-click walls successfully including that the <4-click walls are showing well under Pets?

Timmnuv2,

May try Numenor's BaseGameStarter *PRO* to get a non-pets and/or non-glamour game version to build your lot(s) with this trick.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107015
Page 1 of 3