Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#26 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 10:24 AM
Rainncandy did you read the VERY top. Go get the patch. Go remake your recolor. Problem solved.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 10:02 PM
I downloaded the Patch, but it said you have to have Pets for it to work, and I don't have Pets. So exactly what patch am I supposed to download that will make me be able to use skins that were made with the Pets Bodyshop? I didn't see anything like that on that site.

Plus, I'm not trying to recolor anything. I just want to be able to use skins that were made with the Pets bodyshop.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#28 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 2:41 AM
So in answer to your first question, the answer is yes, you'd have to fix all those spots. The real solution is to get the person who _made_ the content you have to fix it. It's far more reliable for hair or skins, which have a lot of things to change to use the fixed bodyshop to make the item than to try and go and hand-edit all those locations. They should still have their source pics, making a new recolor will take them a matter of minutes.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 7:26 AM
Rainncandy: The patch for the Pets EP version of Body Shop will not correct existing files, to change those one will have to manually alter every file with SimPE as detailed in the first post of this thread. The experience I have had in downloading files has been greatly aided by using version 0,58 (no letter) of SimPE and doing a folder scan of all the new downloads. Version 0,58 has fewer bugs than 0,58b, so you should use it. Version 0,58 does not recognise Pets EP made files and tags them as "Unknown Version" - this will help identify the problem files, so you can correct them with SimPE at your leisure.

In every area that I have looked and compared files made prior to the release of Pets and after, the parts= and priority= tags seem to show up. It harms nothing to add the outfit= tag to anything, whereas removing or renaming the parts= and priority= tags seems to either render files useless or causes them to no longer to be compatible with Pets EP and future releases. Granted, I have not tested every file released since Pets EP came out, but I have tested the method exhaustively on various versions of the game on both PCs and Macs - so I am confident that this is the safe and prudent means to correct any misbehaving file. Other people have had success with renaming the parts= tag, but I have not been able to duplicate their success consistently with every version of the game.

Of especial note (but off topic to this thread) people without Pets EP should be especially wary of downloading any beds, sofas, chairs, garden items, curtains, etc released in the community after the release of Pets EP. Many of this new custom content contains strings (interactions) for pets that flat screw up your game's world if you do not have Pets EP installed. Many custom content creators are not particularly meticulous in making it clear that their item is Pets EP Only.

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Scholar
#30 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 10:42 AM
Field Researcher
#31 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 2:22 AM
can you make actual pets in bodyshop? cause i just installed the program, and i can't make pets in bodyshop...i don't want to seem like a noob, but i want to know if something is wrong with my game...

*waves hi*
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#32 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:40 PM
Try reading the manual that came with your game. Pets are created in Create a Family/Sim only. And obviously a pet cannot work in games without the EP. This thread is for discussing making _clothing recolors _ that already should be compatible with other eps (like stuff that came with the base game) be that way.

Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 10:33 PM
hee, i know the pets game can't work with out the EP, i'm not that much of a noob, it's just after i installed pets, bodyshop wouldn't work, so i downloaded a patch, and i was just double checking. thanks! and sorry for posting in the wrong spot.

*waves hi*
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 12:39 PM
My value is "0x00000008"! Is it okay? Or do I have to change it to "0x00000004"?

It's "gilysse" with a small "g"..

Sorry but I am no longer open for suggestions.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#35 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 12:50 AM
Use the value that your particular recolor uses. Just duplicate the 'parts' thing and change the copy to 'outfit' (so that you have both parts and outfit with the same value)
If you're making new recolors, patch your pets bodyshop and you won't have to do this anymore.

Field Researcher
#36 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 9:46 AM
I tried to patch the Pet Bodyshop but it says "At least 200Mb of hard drive space is require", I have like 2GB free space! Why?

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#37 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 9:53 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 22nd Jan 2007 at 5:13 PM.
Well 2gb is more than 200 mb. SO you should be fine, but I expect you haven't defragmented your computer lately, if your system is actually complaining, so your 2 gb is in little pieces. Look for a defrag utility on your system if that's the case.

Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 2:40 AM
added additions and commentary to the first post to clarify the limits of the patch for Pets EP Body Shop and added information for an alternate means to correcting thumbnails for those persons with few problem files.

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Field Researcher
#39 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Well 2gb is more than 200 mb. SO you should be fine, but I expect you haven't defragmented your computer lately, if your system is actually complaining, so your 2 gb is in little pieces. Look for a drag utility on your system if that's the case.

Thanks tiggerypum, you're right, I haven't defragmented my computer lately. I will defragment it soon and see if it works this time this is really useful for me!!

Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 11:23 AM Last edited by albmont : 15th Jul 2007 at 5:54 PM. Reason: Fix link
I wrote a script in R that can detect which packages were created with the old (and wrong) version of the Pets EP Body Shop.

Thanks to Delphy (that guided me in the labirinth of the DBPF format) and dmchess (for his perl code).

The source code can be found in the Sims2 Wiki project, at http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...bug/Source_Code
Instructor
#41 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 4:47 PM
Thank you very much for this! I was trying to make it a long time ago. Never would imagine it wasn't that difficult. Thanks for making it easier!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 20th May 2007 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by albmont
I wrote a script in R that can detect which packages were created with the old (and wrong) version of the Pets EP Body Shop.

Thanks to Delphy (that guided me in the labirinth of the DBPF format) and dmchess (for his perl code).

The source code can be found in the Sims2 Wiki project, at http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?t...ug/Source_Code

Relp!
i followed the link to get your code and it said there was nothing on the page. Has it been moved?!?!
Thankx
Test Subject
#43 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psikfreak
Relp!
i followed the link to get your code and it said there was nothing on the page. Has it been moved?!?!
Thankx

Somehow, the link became broken. I fixed it - until it breaks again.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 9:42 PM
I just wanted to Thank You for posting this tutorial. I had downloaded an outfit and was trying to find it in Bodyshop so that I could put it on a Sim. I was unable to locate the outfit in Bodyshop anywhere, when I looked for it in the game I saw it as a Nude body, I followed your steps and now it shows up like it is supposed to so Thank You.

Alasdair
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:11 PM
is this too for accesoire? becuz at the ''parts'' part does it has to be naked clothes or something else like glasses?
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 6:50 PM
is this also for accesoire because i see at PARTS that there stands CLOTHES so does it work for accessories ?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 1:14 AM
thanks so much for this tutorial! worked a charm for some peggyzone hairs i was trying to recolour. can now see them in my bodyshop. thanks again.
Page 2 of 2