Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 2:29 PM Last edited by whiterider : 25th Mar 2007 at 2:38 PM.
Unfortunately no, we don't know how to do that yet. But as long as you cloned the Knight career from a career which doesn't require any particular... it's linked in the career! Bloody NREFs!!!

EDIT: Apologies, I 'Eureka!'d while posting there
We don't know how to do that, but as long as a knight career were cloned from a career which doesn't require another major, then you could have your Knightly educated sims become Knights easily.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 8:21 PM
Great job on the tutorial! I followed it and mine seemed to work. I just had one problem. When I clicked on the major the place where the ideal careers are was blank. It just said 'Ideal Careers' and then there is a blank space. I went back and followed your tutorial and I'm sure I did everything right. I was wondering if you had any idea what could have gone wrong.
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:56 AM
This is going to make me sound stupid but.....how do i install photoshop or whatever...are there any links i can use? I dont want to be banned from making my own meshes. I want to make my own stuff and not just download all the time!!! HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

*It's been 2 years since this was thread was origionaly posted so if anyone is still there feel free to help me....please...*
Part-time Hermit
#29 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:07 AM
Please, see this article.
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 4:24 AM
Default Please help
Im new at this so i read the toturial and followed it now it wont appear in the sims please help. Yes i have majors made easier, the only thing i did differently is choose what skills needed differntly then the tutorial. When i try to installl the pakage file using Q-Xpress it says error 380 invalied property value please help.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th May 2007 at 7:39 AM
Great tutorial - my sims are now studying interior design. I just submitted it to the queue, so hopefully everyone else's sims can soon be studying interior design too

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 6:51 PM
Cool tutorial. I have a question how do the careers link to majors? I didn't see that. For my game I want Physics to help with the Military Career. Is that something in the career and not the major?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:36 PM
As you'll see above, Sorwen, that bit of the system isn't yet understood. The only method we currently have of linking majors and careers is to clone from a major which links to the career we want it to. The only way to do what you want to, would be to clone a Miltary-related major and change everything to reflect the Physics major.

Instructor
#34 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 6:41 PM
Wow!!!!! Thanks a lot for this wonderful easy step by step tutorial!!!!!
Thanks a lot!
I had no problems and i succeeded with my new "Tutorial" Major!

Screenshots
Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 6:47 PM
Is the only way to join your custom major through the semester tester in boolprop testing cheats? I'm confused..but my major works just fine (when I cheated to get it!)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 10:51 PM
No, just use Majors Made Easier, like I said in the very first paragraph

Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:20 PM
Hi whiterider. I have just begon trying to make a custom major, but when the GUID dialogue pops up and I click "Register new User", I get a pop-up saying:

"Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
Invalid query: Duplicate '' for key"

I'm Dutch myself and I don't know what this means. Do you know what I should do?

The truth will change everything.
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 6:16 PM
Oh wait never mind.
I didn't fill in any of the fields before clicking on "Register new User".

The truth will change everything.
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 5:21 AM
Is it possible to adjust the skill #'s so that you really focus in one area, for example, reaching logic level 7 or cooking level 8 and having ohter skills be more minor, or will this screw up everything?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:49 AM
Unfortunately, that will screw the skill boundaries up so your sim can only get a C as the maximum grade.

Test Subject
#41 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 1:57 PM Last edited by ScottishBunni : 13th Oct 2007 at 2:06 PM.
great tuturiol, i think i've done everything right excpet the logo. when i extracted the art logo and changed it to png like you said, it came up .png.xml and when i change it to .png and try to open it up with paint shop, it says it's not a valid png. what am i doing wrong?

Oh dear. On closer inspection it seemed i get two files. an xml file and a png file but the png file still won't open on paint or photoshop. help!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 12:37 PM
Try selecting the file and using the "Export" button in the top right of the plugin window instead.

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 12:52 AM
Well, I have a probelm with the icon to!
I exported it, changed it, and used the bright Pink backgroun for transparency, then hit replace, and all that happens is the DNA icon most of it turns pink, and you can see where half of my icon is, between the DNA lines! What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 5:17 PM
Well, first off, your graphics program probably doesn't use lurid pink for transparency - you'll need to find that out yourself. As for the other bit of icon, you probably drew yours on a new layer, and need to delete the layer with the DNA strands on it.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 10:07 PM
I just erased the DNA strand one, and drew my own. And thats how it turns out but in game all I see is the Default DNA strands, how do I replace the default in SimPE so I can start over on the icon?

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 12:20 AM
hi whiterider, great tutorial! But i seem to have a problem. I had this symbol for my major but then I didn't want it so I changed it. I put in a new one and it did come up in SimPE but the old one was still in the game. Plz help

Kopple36

P.S. If it does work then you'll be seing Musical Theatre coming your way!
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 11:40 AM
I feel really silly (and this has probably been asked), but is the major supposed to override the base major you cloned from if you're not using the Majors Made Easier hack?

I just want to know if I messed up somehow...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 6:13 PM Last edited by whiterider : 23rd Jan 2008 at 6:19 PM.
No, it isn't. If it overwrites, then you didn't do the first section right - assigning a custom GUID.

Also, in addition to this tutorial, I've just posted Mini-Tutorial: Making Custom Icons which Do Not Hurt One's Eyes, which has great relevance .

Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 2:40 PM
Dang. I guess I'll have to try again to fix that.
Thank you for replying ^__^
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 3:39 AM
Thanks, The pictures REALLY helped. But when I go into my game, the major does not show up on MME, but all the other ones I downloaded have. does it have to be in a certain folder? I've tried about 5 times
Page 2 of 4