Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kara Thrace - "Starbuck" - Katee Sackhoff from Battlestar Galactica

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 6th Mar 2007 at 1:14 AM

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#2 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:37 AM
omg, HP. She's...perfect...everything about her. Her tattoos are amazingly accurate. I love the thumb ring...everything. She's completely stunning. Thank you so much for all the time and hard work you put into making her. She came at the perfect time. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend. You know how much this means to me....more than pretty pixels ever could. *huge huggles* :lovestruc

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Banned
#3 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:38 AM
I love her and BSG!!! she's SO realistic!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:40 AM
Thank you, HP, she's fantastic. My boyfriend loves this show immensely (I admit to having fallen asleep halfway through the miniseries ) and I plan on wowing him with your BSG sims.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:58 AM
LOVE it! This is my absolute favorite character in BSG. Love you for doing this! And it came at a perfect time for me too!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:02 AM
She's gorgeous HP ! Thanks for sharing her!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:09 AM
HP- You've done an excellent job again. I myself am working on a Laura Roslin Sim and a Dualla Sim for the game (which I will make both available) as well as what I refer to as two Cylon Centurion "variations" (I call them variations because of the fact that I am working off of materials that I have available to me).

I hope you will allow me to use this Sim (much like I have asked permission for possibly using the Baltar Sim and using the Six sim) for my machinima comic book fan fiction series I am working on. I may feature Starbuck in a possible prelude story with one of the characters in my fic series.

Excellent work as usual.

I'm happy because there's a Sim of Sandrine Holt for The Sims 2.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:18 AM
Thank you thank you thank you! BG forever....
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:14 AM
I admit I don't know who she is and have never seen the show, but you have captured her so beautifully. I like the looks of both the person in real pictures and your version so much that I'm gonna download her - just as a uniquely beautiful sim.

Thank you for your great work and for being such a positively crazy perfectionist.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:33 AM

-ldms :cylon:
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:53 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!! :-)

She's also my favorite character in the series and I think you did a wonderful job simmifying her. I hope I'm not being a spoiler in saying I can't wait for the next episode.... I'm on the edge of my proverbial seat.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:09 AM
This reminds me when I saw the original motionpicture 'Battlestar Galactica' in the theater. Very stunning yet alot like Starwars. I haven't been keeping track of it because for a while being busy with work and stuff. last time i saw the orignal starbuck, he was stranded on a barren world and never heard of. I could be wrong of his ending though. The new starbuck chick is a stunning work of art. You are in deed an admirable creator.

-Phantom
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 5:04 AM
This is gorgeous! You did a knockup job. Needless to say I am also on the edge of my proverbial seat for next week....

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 5:25 AM
Wow! Thank you so much for making Starbuck! I, too, am a raging Kara fan and I can't wait to see her in-game. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 6:02 AM
I tried to install this but got the error message, "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed."

Since only the base game is listed, (and I have the EP's through Pets) I don't know what I'm missing... does Starbuck require Seasons?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 6:18 AM
No expansion is required for this sim. However, because I have all EPs installed, the game's installer will complain at you. Use Clean Installer or Q-Xpress to install her instead.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 6:20 AM
"Grab your gun and bring in the cat."
"Boom, boom, boom."

She looks awesome ... can't wait to see her in game!
Thanks ever so much for your talent and generosity in sharing her with us.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 6:43 AM
My geek Dad made me download this.
What have you done, HP?! I have way too many Sims to dig through as it is.

EveZ
Please check out my news set of outfits!
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=219976
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:02 AM
Thank you so much for this beautiful Starbuck sim. She looks just like her. I hope you make Apollo next. I, also, can't wait for the next episode. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 8:01 AM
What they did to her character pissed me off.

Excellent Sim though, thanx.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
No expansion is required for this sim. However, because I have all EPs installed, the game's installer will complain at you. Use Clean Installer or Q-Xpress to install her instead.

I'd love to download your awesome sim, but I'm on a mac. Are there any other options besides Q-xpress and Clean-installer?
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:26 AM
My heart did a little jump when I saw this. Thank you SO much for this! We love Starbuck! n_n
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 7:24 AM
Silere - That is a tricky one. What I've done is unpacked the sims2pack so all the files are separate from the sim file, then put all of the individual content bits, the meshes, and the sim herself into a rar file, with no sims2pack file. You should just be able to drop the contents of this rar file into your Downloads folder and use the sim the same as if you had installed her from the sims2pack properly:

http://www.***/uploads/Kara.rar

Lemme know if that works for you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 8:12 AM
Fantastic! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 9:34 AM
Excellent sim! (And I'm sure we'll be seeing lots more of her in the show - not a spoiler, just a hunch.) Thank you!

Page 1 of 2