Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Complete set of CAS face replacements - 27 faces, all ages

by selzi Posted 19th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2008 at 9:50 PM by selzi : Added fixed faces #21 and #25

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 198 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 6:38 PM
that's really cool, god that must have taken aaaages to make lol

I'm going to DL it when I get home and check it out.

~Ashley~

"Whatever female-based, emotion-driven dilemma you may be dealing with right now, you have my sympathy. But right now, we need to break this down into male-based, fact-driven logic." Jackson Rippner Red Eye
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 6:48 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It's nice to have a change! Some of the CAS sims have off/odd features!

THANKS! :D

Peace!
LittleRed

Lupus - Help Find a Cure
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 6:52 PM
Great job on these! Can't wait to use them! :D

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 6:58 PM
Nice replacements for the townies and NPCs, no I don't have to be scared of maxis genes. Keep up the good work!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:05 PM
So Cool!thanx
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:10 PM
Crimney, these are awesome! I've downloaded other CAS replacements and they've been ok - but I think yours are my absolute favourites! Thank you for all the billions of hours this project must have taken!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:15 PM
Thanks much for this! My only question is...where do I find that cigen.package file? I do not have it where you stated it would be apparently.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:21 PM
These are wonderful, very impressive.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:23 PM
Hi! Great job!!! Now maybe my sims want to marry a townie instead of asking them to PLEASE go away! Will this also replace those ugly kids from the adoption pool? That would be such a relief...
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:25 PM
Well, I'd get these if I never wanted to have a black sim again. All their features are mostly caucasian or asian. And predominantly caucasian, truly. The only nod to asian is the eyes. Eurgh. (and on a more feedbacky note, I'd have to say that they all look very much the same. I needed your numbers to even realize it wasn't the same face over and over)

Genghis is the right spelling, this is true.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:31 PM
Thank goodness! No more hideous townies! Thank you so very much for creating this wonderous blessing for all simmers.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:40 PM
What really annoys me is that you didn't make the sims yourself.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:46 PM
Thanks so much for all of your comments!

Quote: Originally posted by cleopatra143
My only question is...where do I find that cigen.package file? I do not have it where you stated it would be apparently.

I guess if it's not there you don't have to delete it. Maybe your game hasn't created this file yet. I think you might just check out the faces and see if they are shown correctly.

Quote: Originally posted by Pendu
Will this also replace those ugly kids from the adoption pool?

Yes, newly created kids from the adoption pool will also get these faces. If some family has been taken away their kids your sim will get those kids first, of course, but once they've all been adopted the game is forced to create new kids, and these will get the new faces.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghengisjohn
Well, I'd get these if I never wanted to have a black sim again. All their features are mostly caucasian or asian. And predominantly caucasian, truly. The only nod to asian is the eyes.

I'm afraid you're absolutely right about that. I tried to make faces which look good with every skintone because townies and NPCs always get random skintones. If you're going for ethnic variety I strongly recommend to get Nailati's templates (link is in the text) as she's doing a fantastic job on creating ethnically correct faces. :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
What really annoys me is that you didn't make the sims yourself.

I'm sorry, but that's not true. I had Terrakosmos' templates installed when I made the faces, so there might be some distant resemblances to hers when I didn't make major changes, but the rest was all made my me. What do you think who made them?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:48 PM
Thanks Selzi, I'll try that!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 7:50 PM
Thank you so much for your creativity,and for sharing. I can't wait to experiment now!

:D
Instructor
#17 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:00 PM
Thanks, these are very nice! Better than those big nosed, weird eyed sims I have running around the neighborhood. Where did you get some of those skintones at? I recognise a few, perhaps some by Louis, but are the rest by Enayla? Could you tell me what the names of the skintones are and where I can get them as defaults? Thanks again!
Inventor
#18 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:03 PM
this might be a stupid question, but does this effect body shop at all and making sims?

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:06 PM
These are lovely. Thank you for sharing. Is there some way we can add the maxis ones to this set, because I'd like to have some of those as well?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sakura_chan
Where did you get some of those skintones at? I recognise a few, perhaps some by Louis, but are the rest by Enayla? Could you tell me what the names of the skintones are and where I can get them as defaults? Thanks again!

OK, I'll try my best:

Skintones by Enayla: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 27
Skintones by Louis: 5, 8, 19, 22, 26
Skintones by oepu: 7, 20, 23, 24
Skintones by Starsims: 9
Skintones by @Stefan: 17, 21, 25

Here you can find default versions of these skintones:

Enayla: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203024
Louis: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=103239
oepu: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223091
Starsims: http://www.starsims.net/genetic/skintones.htm
@Stefan: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=210915 (no default versions yet, sorry! )

Quote: Originally posted by Jessica_2020
this might be a stupid question, but does this effect body shop at all and making sims?

Yes, it affects the features you can choose from in bodyshop. If you install the whole set all of your available features will be different, that means you'll get new brow shapes, eye shapes, noses, mouths and chins.

Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Is there some way we can add the maxis ones to this set, because I'd like to have some of those as well?

I'm afraid there is no way to add these to the existing faces, at least none that I know of. If you don't want to replace all of your faces you might just pick the ones of my set you like best and delete the rest.

Thanks again to everyone who hit the thanks-button or even left a comment - I highly appreciate that and hope you enjoy them!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:26 PM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 19th Apr 2007 at 8:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghengisjohn
Well, I'd get these if I never wanted to have a black sim again. All their features are mostly caucasian or asian. And predominantly caucasian, truly. The only nod to asian is the eyes. Eurgh. (and on a more feedbacky note, I'd have to say that they all look very much the same. I needed your numbers to even realize it wasn't the same face over and over)

I must agree on 2 things, there is a lack of african features and alot of simular faces. I must also concider the fact that this is her first upload (after doing some research) and just getting started. I know nothing of modding new CAS faces yet so it's good to see she is just learning. I'm only glad she isn't one of these nutbars who upload default skins in 3 shades of caucasian and 1 super dark. It may be alot of hard intensive work but It hurts people who see this coming from experienced modders.

Thanks for the new CAS faces selzi, hugz!

I'd be honoured to help you with your next version ^^

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:36 PM
Thanks a lot for your comment, phantomgremlock!

Quote: Originally posted by phantomgremlock
I'm certain you'll improve even better on your next upload, everyone does. If I ever get to figure out how to make defaults I'll be more than happy to help you upgrade your next version of CAS faces.

Well, THAT's an offer - thanks! I'm totally aware many of my faces look very similar to others. I think this is due to my intention of making a set of "pretty" faces that look good with every skintone instead of "diverse" faces. As you and Ghengisjohn said, some African, Asian or South-American looking faces for example would have been great, but then my approach to this set would have been different.

I'm a great admirer of Nailati's work as she's sculpting her faces after countless hours of research on human faces and their ethnic features. To be honest, I didn't want to be a bad copycat of her work (I know my attempt would have been crap compared to hers), so I decided to make something different.

Quote:
I do alot of 3D work in clay sculpturing and portraits in oils and acrylics so I have a great understanding of face features I just don't upload anything

Wow, you would be the perfect creator of correct face replacements (next to Nailati) - if you ever happen to try out your talents in this kind of work the whole community would probably love you forever ... :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:39 PM
These are really lovley. Ive got them in-game now, and they look MUCH better in game than the pic's!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:52 PM
I'm in shock to see how many files you made for this, there has got to be over 200 lol!
Message me with details when you are ready to make more CAS replacements selzi. :D

-Phantom

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:53 PM
these look great! by the way, where did you get the eye makeup for your female sims in the pictures?
Page 1 of 9