Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Royalties Administrator pays out royalties daily

by CtfG Posted 20th Apr 2007 at 8:17 AM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 10:21 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 11:31 AM
Royalties for novels makes some sense, but I'm not sure about paintings. Both paintings and novels increase dramatically in value as the painting/writing skill goes up. I don't dare use this, as I have a servo who has painted probably a thousand paintings, and written a hundred novels, and she's already earning 5,000 a pop for paintings and 10k for novels.
I like the idea though.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 12:27 PM
nice idea...
i'm already downloading it...
thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:49 PM
I love the idea. Think it is great to finally get paid for sitting around saying 'I did that'.
Or 'Back in my day...'
Lizzrom
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
Royalties for novels makes some sense, but I'm not sure about paintings. <snip>

Think about re-prints in art magazines, on t-shirts or postcards...

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:17 PM
This is brilliant! Thank you.

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 4:24 PM
What a great idea!! It's only right that "artists" can really make enough money to live on if they work hard just as in real life. It makes is easier to keep them home working on their "craft."

Thanks!!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:14 PM
What a cool idea! Thanks!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 7:12 PM
An interesting idea ! Thank you CtfG.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 10:03 PM
What a brilliant idea!, I have some Sims in fairly average jobs - this should help to 'Top-up' their pensions ready for when they retire!...

Thanks for sharing!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 10:30 PM
This is really a great idea! Question though, for paintings sold does it also include paintings that are sold in a player owned art gallery with the OFB expansion?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 1:18 AM
i've alway wondered why maxis decided to just go with the lump sum of a couple grand
when selling a novel or painting.
this is great! thanx!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 9:53 AM Last edited by CtfG : 21st Apr 2007 at 10:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JeffreyC
This is really a great idea! Question though, for paintings sold does it also include paintings that are sold in a player owned art gallery with the OFB expansion?

I have to admit that I am not quite sure about this. When a painting is finished, the "painter" is usually also the one who sells it and thus gets both the money and a small raise in the hidden skill painting which I use to determine the amount of royalties. But when a painting is put onto a wall and sold from there, the money adds to the household funds, if I remember correctly, while the "painter" gets no raise in the painting skill. I have to check this, though. I'll report back later here.
- - - -
Edit: I just checked the painting and sell functions. The painting's value is set the very moment the painting is finished, and if the artist has maxed the creativity skill, his/her hidden skill "Painting" is raised.

Royalties base solely on the amount of paintings a sim has painted (or sold novels), but neither on the sim who sold the painting nor on the lot it has been painted on, which should answer your question. (It is simply assumed here that *every* painting finds its way into the public, sold or not sold.) So selling the paintings on a business lot will add the painting's value to the seller, while the artist still gets the benefits of both raised painting skill and regular royalties. But please keep in mind that royalties are paid only on residential lots to avoid double payouts (which might occur if a sim stays on a comm lot until the royalties have been paid and then returns home to collect them once again).

CtfG

Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 1:28 PM
At first I said it's interesting, then I said wait, I have an unemployed Sim that paints quite a lot. Hey this object is really ingenious and useful. Thank you for coming up with such a neat idea!

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 5:57 PM
It does, and this works great!! Good job!
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 9:26 PM
cool thanks now thoses slacking artistic sims of mine will actually get rich!

please don't hate me cause im a noob love me because... because.... crud can't think of a reason

p.s. will do custom careers (for those intrested I have an "adult" teen career if you know what i mean)
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 7:09 PM
This is so great because I have a lot of stay-at-home moms who write novels or paint when they have down time, and this makes it so much more realistic. I mean, if a person writes a great novel, they get royalties for the rest of their life, so why shouldn't sims be the same?
I love it! Thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th May 2007 at 1:23 AM
Thanks a lot! Been looking for something like this, works great.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th May 2007 at 1:30 PM
Very good idea! I love those little small and tricky things.
Thank you very much for your idea, work and for sharing it with us.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 6:05 PM
I missed this download at first, but I discovered it yesterday, only I forgot to install it :$
Installing it was the first thing I did this morning, but when I loaded Sims the 'allow custom content'-screen was disabled! I never disable it, so I allowed the custom content (remembered to restart sims), but it wouldn't start anymore! I have been uninstalling and installing all day, no succes yet, my question: could this be because of this download? I have a lot of custom content, but last night everything was functioning perfect...
I have all the expansions and a lot of other hacks or gamemods. I re-installed it, then put my old sims folder in My documents/EA Games, without this download and it still doesn't work. Only when I don't put my old sims folder back, my game starts.
Can anyone give me advice? It's taking up all my time and nothing seems to work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:22 AM
Update 2008-04-01
This object works with EP7 "FreeTime". No changes necessary.

Vironin (successor of CtfG)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by femsuii
I missed this download at first, but I discovered it yesterday, only I forgot to install it :$
Installing it was the first thing I did this morning, but when I loaded Sims the 'allow custom content'-screen was disabled! I never disable it, so I allowed the custom content (remembered to restart sims), but it wouldn't start anymore! I have been uninstalling and installing all day, no succes yet, my question: could this be because of this download? I have a lot of custom content, but last night everything was functioning perfect...
I have all the expansions and a lot of other hacks or gamemods. I re-installed it, then put my old sims folder in My documents/EA Games, without this download and it still doesn't work. Only when I don't put my old sims folder back, my game starts.
Can anyone give me advice? It's taking up all my time and nothing seems to work!

None of CtfG's or my hacks goes that far and enables / disables custom content. This would be an unauthorized access to your computer, and believe mie when I say that this is not CtfG's or my character. The problem must be somewhere else. Try the latest Maxis patch. If that doesn't help, save your Neighborhood, de-install and re-install the game. After each new EP or SP, enter the game, make all the necessary changes like screen size, custom content etc., then exit, re-start the game, check the settings and only then install the next EP / SP. This usually helps, though it's a long and painful way.

Vironin

Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:51 AM
Is this AL compatible
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 6:05 PM
This is great - Finally, my artists can stop eating Mac N Cheese.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:31 PM
This is perfect for my "starving artist" sims and my writers. I can't wait to try this out. I can finally have true slackers.
Page 1 of 2