Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Maxis Beds Resized (+bonus!)

by Ailias Posted 4th May 2007 at 4:43 PM - Updated 12th Sep 2009 at 3:04 PM by -Maylin-

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:49 PM Last edited by daysies : 4th May 2007 at 4:55 PM.
I've been downloading all your Maxis matching stuff! They're great! I was wondering if you'd make any 1-tile dressers that are of the same height (or as close as you can get it without looking funny) as the original ones. Maxis made some smaller versions (in later EPs) but they're still too big and take up 2-tiles. I especially like the Atomic Clothing Manager and Zero-G (GLS, I think) and the Werkbunnst Stonewood dresser.

DDO
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th May 2007 at 5:03 PM
THANKS! Now my poor sims can have beds next to their kids beds in the living room that MATCH! Woohoo! Great job it looks seamless and smooth.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th May 2007 at 5:10 PM
wow!!!Thank you so much!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th May 2007 at 5:39 PM
Yay, these are great! Thank you Ailias!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th May 2007 at 5:50 PM
Grabbed these right up.. These are wonderful Ailias.. Thank you so much for creating & sharing these with all of us. You know what we need before we even know we need it!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2007 at 6:15 PM
Thank you!!! Love the medieval bed and the nightstand.
Scholar
#8 Old 4th May 2007 at 6:22 PM
Quote:
All beds have decent comfort and sleep constants.

How much is that? Equal to the parent bed?

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 4th May 2007 at 6:55 PM
Thanks for these; I especially like the table.

And thanks for paying attention to the comfort ratings. I often see people making gorgeous beds, sofas, dining chairs, etc. whose comfort rating is 3 or 4, and I wonder what they're thinking of. I actually *play* the game, and I don't care how beautiful something is, my sims don't want to sit on something that's only a 4.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th May 2007 at 7:04 PM
gwillewyn Decent means good enough

Corylea as I cloned cheapest beds for them (to keep small size) I remember to boost rates
Hope they will work as I made them to
I have just encountered a shadow bug with mediev bed so if someone faced it too - I will post fixed version. Sorry.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th May 2007 at 7:47 PM
Awesome, I love your Maxis matching stuff! It irks me how Maxis never completes a set, or the ones they do complete are horrid. Hehe.

And I agree w/daysies, I think one tile dressers would be super awesome.
Instructor
#12 Old 4th May 2007 at 8:05 PM
thank you for continuing with this project. I hope you keep it up i really love all this matching stuff.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th May 2007 at 11:53 PM
I have been requesting this stuff for ages!

THANKYOU!!
Scholar
#14 Old 5th May 2007 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Cee : 7th May 2007 at 7:30 AM.
I was playing with your sofa that matches the big stuffed recliner today and I really like it! Everyone has said it I see but I just want you to know that I also love all of your Maxis match stuff. One of my favorite sets is the Contessa stuff . I LOVE this night table too. I may be dense, but I don't understand what else is included in this dl- you know, the bed part. Can you explain it to a dummy, lol. ?Thanks!

Thanks Alias and Ciane.I now get it. I thought those were the Maxis beds, not realizing that these are different sizes of them. I like these beds so much more then the cheap ones so thank you!
Alchemist
#15 Old 5th May 2007 at 10:35 AM
Thank you Ailias, this set is great as well the previous ones: wellcome, useful and well done. The bonus you put in your posts are the lovely final touch. Thanks again and ciao.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th May 2007 at 11:59 AM
I'm a bit confuse about the single zip & the doublebed2 Zip. Do you means that It is possible to create or recolor just the single bedding or double bedding by it own?

When I tried to recolor, it comes in both single & double.

BTW, I love yours beds. Thanks for sharing. :D
Forum Resident
#17 Old 5th May 2007 at 3:58 PM
ding - single and double are referring to different beds pictured. The beds will pull the bedding textures from the files you already have.

cee - there are three different beds and a night stand - therefore, four files. You download just the one(s) you want.

alias - As always, I love having matching sets. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th May 2007 at 5:28 PM
Great job! Thanks!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th May 2007 at 7:51 PM
You cannot recolor any of my maxis matching things as they are "slaves" to maxis "parents"
You should recolor "parents".

Cee you see three beds on pics so there are three separate zips. Any questions?

Test Subject
#20 Old 6th May 2007 at 5:28 AM
hi, these are great, but what i noticed is that they aren't that expensive and don't have very high comfort and energy stats. Would you be able to modify it so that it is more expensive with higher stats? It makes me feel like i earnt it!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2007 at 7:05 AM
blaze_burner they are chaper as they are single
Stats are indicated not high but real stats are higher.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th May 2007 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
ding - single and double are referring to different beds pictured. The beds will pull the bedding textures from the files you already have.

Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
You cannot recolor any of my maxis matching things as they are "slaves" to maxis "parents"
You should recolor "parents".

Noted.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th May 2007 at 3:55 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:16 AM
Ailias you rock! Thanks!
Any idea on why the side table shows up in my game all blue? I have the dresser and the required expansion packs but I'm getting that blue 'you don't have the right texture' image. Dang!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th May 2007 at 1:20 PM
deerparker It does not have the texture as it borrows the texture and MMATS from the dresser. You see you are first who faced the problem. Check it all out again. You see it works in my game.

Page 1 of 2