Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Interior Design Career

by akplaysthesims Posted 12th May 2007 at 2:31 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:08 PM by whiterider

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2007 at 1:02 PM
Oh great, I just requested this!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th May 2007 at 3:13 PM
Yay! I want to be an Interior Designer! Now my simmies can be one too!

♥ :) LJ
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th May 2007 at 9:14 PM
I can't tell how LONG I've been waiting for an interior design career to come out. So thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th May 2007 at 9:45 PM
HOW ON EARTH did you get 645 friends?! (in the third image) 8o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2007 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dark.darker.thedarkest
HOW ON EARTH did you get 645 friends?! (in the third image) 8o

I cheated. I took out all my custom content in order to test the career faster - and incidentally I took out my relationship modders. So I used the testingcheats cheat to make him friends with the whole neighborhood. It let me focus on getting their skills up, instead of tracking down his friends.

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th May 2007 at 12:01 AM Last edited by Cipisek1983 : 13th May 2007 at 12:35 AM.
I have slight problem - i'm going to be a mad scientist and my Science career is using your custom icon.. I'm have all EPs and SPs... I have several custom careers but this shouldn't be a problem since each has it's own GUID.. I don't mind this much, i like your icon and thanx for this career anyway *thumbs up*

/Edit: Just did a litle testing (translated the job title to my language) and found out that it uses the chance cards of Science career.. Don't know if it uses your or original daily wages yet.. Hope 'm not the one having this problem 'cause it would mean the mistake was somewhere between the keyboard and the chair :-[:D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2007 at 1:33 AM
Cipisek1983, since I cloned the career from the original Science track, I had actually tested this career alongside someone in the science career. I did not come across any problems, so while I look into it, any additional you (or anyone else) can provide will be extremely helpful

Test Subject
#9 Old 13th May 2007 at 9:48 PM
Well, it seems that my sim is going on your career, with right hours and daily wages, i guess, even the requirements are from your career (since i don't suppose the Science career to require max creativity ) but chance cards are from the original track.. will try to do some more testing but never done that before so don't expect anything special :-[ i'll try to do my best
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th May 2007 at 10:31 PM
New SciFix version is up - please test it and let me know if it resolves any issues. Thanks!

Test Subject
#11 Old 15th May 2007 at 9:21 PM
Well, I'm sorry but this one doesn't work either :-/ And one more thing - even the want of working in Science is satisfied when getting employed in your career.. Sorry, forgot to mention it earlier.. Going to test the lifetime want satify..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th May 2007 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cipisek1983
Well, I'm sorry but this one doesn't work either :-/ And one more thing - even the want of working in Science is satisfied when getting employed in your career.. Sorry, forgot to mention it earlier.. Going to test the lifetime want satify..

I do not know much about the programming of the career, so other than "quick fixes" I'm unsure as to what to do. I have changed the career's GUID to 0x00357606 (and the "version" is labeled as such), so if you would like to download that version, and test it, please do. Otherwise, I cannot tell what the issue is. I'm inclined to believe that it has something to do with the language change, as I did it it English - but again, I'm unsure as to how those things work. [I'd be more than happy if someone could figure this out, by the way ] Sorry.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th May 2007 at 1:12 PM
reflects, you say you've changed the GUID, did you also change (and forgive me if I get the wrong terminology here) the groupIDs? I know there are several GUID-type values that must be changed, whichever tutorial you used should explain it better

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2007 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
reflects, you say you've changed the GUID, did you also change (and forgive me if I get the wrong terminology here) the groupIDs? I know there are several GUID-type values that must be changed, whichever tutorial you used should explain it better

The first time, I didn't, since the tutorial said not to. But with a second version, I did change them, and Cip was still having problems. I've uploaded a third, with all GUIDs changed to another new one. Hopefully, it's working.

Scholar
#15 Old 25th May 2007 at 9:45 AM
I just found this out, and this is really good for a custom career. Everything's Maxis-standard, chance cards, icon, everything! Most of the time I find this interesting custom career, but the content's really shabby.
Banned
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 5:19 PM
fille corrupted please fix
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugar
fille corrupted please fix

More details would be helpful, as I've had no issues extracting the downloaded folder.

Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 4:00 AM
Hey this is great! It's very appropriate as I'm an interior designer in RL and now my Sim can be one too. LOL

Thanks!
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 10:32 PM
Default Mad Scientist or Interior decorator??
I have the Norwegian version of the game and the career works fine accept for the fact that there's TWO science careers in my game. Chance cards and career steps (excuse my English) is the same for both careers.. Would appreciate some help to fix the problem (re-naming?? perhaps to norwegian as well) so i have two separetly careers. Otherwise the idea is great!! My daugther loves it because she's an interior designer herself!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 7:53 AM
Lovely. I always wanted this. I have a few sims that would fit in this career, and now I finally got a chance to give this to them. I wanted a variety of different and fun careers for them (and watching lots of Will & Grace made me interested in getting an interior design career for my girl sims). Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by winema
I have the Norwegian version of the game and the career works fine accept for the fact that there's TWO science careers in my game. Chance cards and career steps (excuse my English) is the same for both careers.. Would appreciate some help to fix the problem (re-naming?? perhaps to norwegian as well) so i have two separetly careers. Otherwise the idea is great!! My daugther loves it because she's an interior designer herself!

I'm sorry, but I don't know why your game would do that, so I don't know how to fix it.

Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 1:20 PM Last edited by MamaFirecracker2 : 17th Feb 2008 at 8:26 AM. Reason: Found out my problem
Hi
I've downloaded a few careers before with pleasing results, but I've unzipped the folder and found a .BAK file. What's that for? I don't remember a .BAK file for any of the other careers... Sorry for my ignorance! :P
Other than that, smashing job. I can't wait to play this! :D

Nevermind, actually. I installed with just the package file. It works perfectly. Nice job!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 10:14 PM
I have this career and I noticed in one of the chance cards, the one where the sim is torn in either doing a project or attending the meeting, I noticed that there were a bunch of errors. The sim who currently has this career is a female, but in the chance card I realized that the gender is mixed up.

Instead of saying "SHE" it says "HE." It annoys me that you didn't bother to make this career for females, it seems the interior design was directed towards the male sims only (I always view interior designing to be a career for women than men). Will this be fixed soon?
Meet Me In My Next Life
#24 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 8:32 AM
Thank you for this career, I have the same question as Sari luna will you fix it so it will reflect female ? Please, please, try to do so and I really thank you for doing so and taking the time to do it. Because yes there are female interior designer as well. I hope there will be a updated on this.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 9:53 PM
It must be a language problem. My game is in french and I have the same problem as winema and Cipisek1983
Page 1 of 2