Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Freckled Skintone – Recolor of Oepus Skin

by Yaliza Posted 26th Sep 2007 at 8:04 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2007 at 10:18 PM by Yaliza : Add different hair colors

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 6:37 PM
Love the skin! Are you planning to do other colours for the male hair, incase we have a sim using this skin hook up with a non-redhead sim? It would be strange for a black haired person to have ginger body hair
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:56 PM
Thank you for your comments.

@Tramen: You are right. There should be more colors. I have done them and will upload them. Thank you for the idea.

@Masterofallvideogames: Oepu's skin I used has not been officially published yet. She just showed this version in her thread at the simforum.de .
(But if your question was about if the skin has nipples or not - yes, there are nipples. )
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 10:25 PM
i love this skin. i am able to download the file. but when i try opening it, it won't let me. any ideas?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 10:57 PM
@ShaggyDhs: I have just tested it myself. The archive seems to be okay. Delete the file and reload it again. Hope this will help.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 11:22 PM
Very beautiful.

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 11:54 PM Last edited by tr0n226 : 29th Sep 2007 at 3:59 PM. Reason: 'cause I'm nitpicky about my posts
Weee! Looks so beautiful in the screenshots! And nipples yay! Even though there's the censor blurr I guess some people just like to know they're there. Well unless one has quaxi's mod that is. :bites lip: Ahem uhh, well anyway it's a beautiful skin! Well done and thank you! I'll definately be putting this to some use if I can download it :is on piddly dialup:. What exactly is this talk of hair colors with relation to the skin though? Are the eyebrows a part of the skin or are we referring to....uhh...well... perhaps it's best not to ask. As Minsc said "Better to not ask questions best left to aged sages..." right?
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:00 AM
:rechecks the screenshots: Oh thank goodness! The talk was about chest hair! Whew
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 2:59 AM
Thanks so much!! I have freckles all over me and it's good to find a skintone that has freckles everywhere instead of just on the face!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yaliza
@Tramen: You are right. There should be more colors. I have done them and will upload them. Thank you for the idea.

Amazing! Thank you so much for these Will add them to my game asap!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 5:33 AM
Thanks for taking the time to do so much detail! The skins look great!! Being a redhead myself, it's nice to see some skins that show some of the variety humans have. And also thanks for making a non-hairy version. Not all of us are apes.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:39 PM
These look really, really nice! Thank you so much, I think this ranks among my favorite skins- I love the detail. Great job!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 1:06 PM
Can Sims inherit this skin from their parents? If so do I have to make a new sim with it in CAS before it will get into the gene pool?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 7:55 PM
Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad you like the skin.

@Inge Jones: The skin will be inherit like most costum skins. I did not modify the dominance of the genes for the freckles.
Quote:
If so do I have to make a new sim with it in CAS before it will get into the gene pool?

I am not sure if I got the point.
The skin is not a default skin. If you want a Sim with this skintone in your neighborhood, you will have to create at least one new Sim with this skin. The children of this Sim can of course inherit the skin.
Hope this answer will help you.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 2:08 PM
omgi have been looking for a nice genetic freckle skin forever, thank you so much! i will definatly put this skin to good use ^_^
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 6:57 PM
It looks really good in the game, thanks ^^
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:43 PM
These skins are so nice! Thanks for sharing. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 3:57 AM
I've had these in my game for.. geeze a year now. I completely forgot to come back and say THANK YOU! They look beautiful in game. I use Oepu's skins as defaults, and I gave these skin genetics so that they'd be inherited. (Finally had someone born in game with freckles.)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:12 AM
Best ginger skin ever! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 2:12 PM
this is awesome, freckles are so lovely♥ ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:16 PM
I love ginger Sims... thank you!