Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Accomodations Evaluator Career

by FennShysa Posted 6th Nov 2007 at 2:40 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:49 PM by whiterider

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 2:49 AM
Oh this is very nice! I like the job descriptions I now wish you could come along with your sims to their jobs

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 4:18 AM
These job descriptions are merely fleshed out versions of Theresa123123123's original descriptions that she sent me, so a lot of the credit has to go to her for them.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 9:38 PM
Wow, that's a cool career! Thanks!

"Mommy, mommy, mommy !!!
Look at your son ... You might have loved me,
But now I've got a gun ... You better stay out ...
Of my way!!
Oh, mommy I think I've had a bad day!!!"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 9:58 PM
I can't take credit for the idea for the career, that would be Theresa123123123, whose request this was. All I did was flesh out the descriptions, add the icons, turn the whole thing into a package for the game, and do the reward. All the ideas were Theresa's.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 1:32 AM
Thank you FennShysa for all your hard work on this career! I can't wait to download it and start playing! Although I won't have enough time to do so until next week.

This is my sims 2 RPG http://sims2rpg.conforums.com/index.cgi I share ownership of it with my cousin.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 1:59 AM
Glad to be of service, I hope you enjoy the final product.

Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 7:05 PM
Just to let you know, I installed this into my game and suddenly began having problems. No custom careers were showing up in computer searches, and my Sims were not able to get into bed, or have a bath. Very odd. Once I took the career out of the game, it began working again. I only have the base game; don't know if that's what the problem was. It's such a shame, as you did an awesome job with this career! I wish I could play it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 10:51 PM
That's very strange. It shouldn't have anything to do with going to bed or taking a bath. Did you try it out with no other custom content than the career installed? I suppose it could be a GUID conflict with some other download, but my GUIDs are registered, so it shouldn't conflict with a Maxis object, or any custom content if the other creator also registered their GUIDs. When I was testing this career, all the different careers (custom and Maxis) were showing up through the computer. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please let me know. And Trixen, if you wouldn't mind, try running the game with only this career and reward in the downloads folder and see if you still have the same problem. As far as I know, this should run in a basegame only environment.

Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 2:27 AM
I will definitely do as you suggested. I'm dying to play this career so I really want it to work! Once I've tested it, I'll let you know. Maybe it conflicted with a hack I have. I'll disable them and test that also.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 2:09 PM
I'll do some testing here on my end too when I get the chance. It'll have to be on my next off day, though, so it'll probably be Sunday before I can get to it.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 5:32 PM
Trixen: I did some testing with this career last night and I can't reproduce any of the problems that you mentioned. There was a mix of Maxis and custom careers available on the computer. I had a family with one in the Accomodations Evaluator and another in the Athletic career. No one had any problem taking a shower or a bath and everyone could go to bed properly. My best guess is that the career is conflicting with some other custom content in your game. I don't really think it's an issue with the base game as I haven't heard anything about custom careers not working in a base game only environment. I did find out that custom carpools don't, but there are no custom carpools in this career. It shouldn't be a problem with custom uniforms, either, as this career doesn't use any. The reward is merely a recolor of an existing base game reward with a new description so I don't think it would be that either. If you tried playing with just the career installed and everything worked right you could narrow down what was causing the problem by putting other custom content back in a little at a time and checking for problems. If you can figure out what the career is conflicting with, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out why.

Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 11:59 PM
Thanks so much for your help. I have found that the career was conflicting with a mixture of hacks. They were hacks I didn't like anyway, so I took them out of my game. They were to do with pregnancy. I'm really sorry that I may have caused alarm -- but it's all fixed now, and the career is AMAZING! I'm having a lot of fun playing it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:07 PM
Thanks. Glad you like it. Don't worry about causing alarm. I'm glad to hear about things that I might need to fix. And you were completely polite in your posts. Some people just jump in with "this is crap" or something similar and don't even bother to explain what exactly the problem was. I wonder how those people think anyone can solve the problem that way.

Since I create all my custom careers the same way, my guess would be that those hacks would probably conflict with any of them. Maybe it's something to do with the way pregnancy interacts with work (maternity leave and such)? I don't really know. Anyway, I'm glad to know that it was a conflict issue and that I didn't make a corrupted career.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 1:59 AM
In my game it overwrites a career. It's either the Slacker or the Science career.
You might want to fix it. :D

But other than that, it's a brilliant career!

I Got The University EP!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 12:45 PM
Hmmm.....It shouldn't overwrite any career. It didn't when I was testing it. All my careers so far have used the science career as a base, so if it were anything it would be that one rather than slacker. I'll check it out again and post my results later.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:29 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:24 PM
Thank you.