Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Victorian London Part 1: The Kensington District (NO CC, Limited CC and CC Loaded)

by StephSim Posted 20th Apr 2008 at 10:44 AM - Updated 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:30 AM by StephSim : MTS2 Information Update

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:23 PM
Thank you for these fabulous lots. I especially love the way King's Cross looks! I hope someone does the parliamentary buildings in a style to match :3
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:25 PM
Beautiful work! And so much of it! I'll have to try downloading again later, as I received a site not found error when I tried just now. Thank you so much for sharing this and good luck in the contest!
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:44 PM
OMG this is so amazing

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Wiki Wizard
#5 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:47 PM
I hope we get to see part 2 soon :o

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:50 PM
Um... wow. I have no idea what to say to this. You even included gorgeous CC-less versions.

I bow down before you. This completely rocks.

And this is only part 1??!?

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:53 PM
Amazing buildings, thank you for sharing.

Too old to learn better english.but too young to have no wishes (for my sims)
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#8 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 7:14 PM
Good lord, that's the longest CC list I've ever seen! Totally worth it though--these buildings are absolutely exquisite! Even the versions without custom content are beautiful. Thank you so much, and good luck!

There's always money in the banana stand.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
Good lord, that's the longest CC list I've ever seen!
I second that. The CC versions are totally stunning though so I can't fault you for it!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 8:28 PM
this is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!! the buildings are all so unique and the CC is very well chosen!!!! a big thanks!!!!!!
Instructor
#11 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 8:32 PM
That's U N B E L I E V A B L E!
Absolutely amazing, I can imagine waht a huge amount of time, work and creativity you had to put in this....
The buildings are authentic and absolutely beautiful!

Thank you so much!!!
Theorist
#12 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 9:48 PM
This is absolutely breathtaking - and you must have taken the month off from work! I am considering whether the whole collection would be best in a University neighbourhood or not. There is certainly a heavy collegiate emphasis.

My goodness this is absolutely incredible! I've promised myself I'm going to avoid getting involved in debates about the selection process this time. And there's been so many beautiful and authentic entries that we've all been totally spoiled! I'll just say it once that the winning lots are right here (or possibly in Part 2) and leave it at that.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:14 PM Last edited by StephSim : 25th Apr 2008 at 10:45 PM.
Thank you everyone. I REALLY want to play in my Victorian neighborhood, so I had to make sure my Simmies have a few educational facilities as well as other places to go. Part 2 has residential lots for each socioeconomic class (except royalty which will come later)! After my Sim Creation Vacation (which will start as soon as Part 2 can be shared and edited) I will create Parts 3 and 4 which will include shops, parks, a church and Kensington Palace as the final lot! Parts 1 and 2 allow you to set up the beginning of your Kensington Neighborhood and hopefully enjoy it without having everything. Besides there are so many fabulous lots in the Victorian uploads to add to this neighborhood and make it playable.

I cleaned up the CC list jhd and now I think your list "looks" longer! The CC is actually not bad at all. After all there are 9 lots attached that share CC! There are plenty of walls though. Most of the items are probably in the Natural History Museum.

P.S. Sophie-David...This is actually my first year off from work. I'm officially a stay at home Mom now. My family needed me more than my students did (although I miss them at times). I have a tendency to do EVERYTHING to the best of my ability which was literally exhausting me. So, I'm home with a few hours of alone time every weekday.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#14 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:30 PM
I am in complete and utter awe. Steph, this is absolutely gorgeous! Words fail me. You put so much effort into this, and it really shows -- so many versions for different styles of playing, the breathtaking detail you put into your lots, the amazing walls and floors you make...it's just amazing.

I always get so excited whenever I see that you have something new to share. Thanks so much for all of these!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 2:19 PM
I'll say it again... you're absolutely C R A Z Y!!! this is so exquisitely detailed, so magnificent and well planned, the textures are amazing, as well as the use of maxis building tools and possibilities. Everything is extremely magnificently and beautifully done!
Stunning work, Steph!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:06 PM
Arrrgh! I can't download them right now, I keep getting a 404 error. I want to get them in-game as soon as I can, just to go inside and walk through them. This was a huge undertaking, and the scale of it is breathtaking. But the details are still there, in the furnishings as well as in the custom walls. Stunning work, sister.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:57 PM Last edited by StephSim : 27th Apr 2008 at 1:10 AM.
Thank you to everyone who commented. I appreciate the feedback.

It seems BOTH Parts 1 and 2 of The Kensington Collection are downloading at present. So, I will forgive the Evil Cyber Conspirators (ECC), that mysterious faction that reeks havoc on the unsuspecting Internet masses!

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

I'm heading off on my Sim Creation Vacation now. If you should experience 404 Errors in my absence, Please post a message in the Site Issues here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=283251

I will not be logging in to MTS2 again until next Saturday. My official Vacation, will last for 3-4 weeks.

Happy Simming ALL and do enjoy your Kensington downloads!
steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:29 AM
All I can say is WOW!I think some of the other custom content creators on this site should be thanking you back!If I had not seen you list them in your credits I would have missed their talent and gifts!Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 9:32 AM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:41 PM
This Victorian London is so stylish,elegant,impressive and realistic that I have no words to tell you how much I LOVE it....and YOU for sharing this fabulous work....I'll enjoy a wonderful sunday...in London,thanks to you.
Thank you so much.Big hugs.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 1:15 PM
I cannot believe that!!!
Impressive the hard work you made, Steph. The whole Kensington!
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 5:34 PM
Absolutely and astonishing and awasome, so many words to describe your work. But most of all my thank you. It is truely wonderfully beautiful.
Thank you for all the hard work and your wonderful attention to detail.
Instructor
#23 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 5:40 AM
This is some really awesome work! You really go all out on challenge themes! This blows my entry right out of the water . I am definitely going to vote for this. Normally I'd just vote for myself but how can I?

Outstanding work StephSim

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 8:07 PM
Truly an outstanding job. You definately put a lot of time, effort and energy into this, and it shows!

[
Forum Resident
#25 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 8:09 AM
Stephanie please stop building such marvellous lots. they're breathtaking| :D
where do you find all the time needed? great job, as usual
Page 1 of 3