Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod to allow Toddlers To Use Stairs

by rebecah Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 8:39 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 2:21 PM by rebecah : typos

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#2 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:07 PM
THANK YOU!!!! It has always annoyed me to have to instruct my simmies to carry them up and down the stairs! Real toddlers can climb the stairs. Thank you for creating and sharing this with us >^.^<

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM
You rock!!! It really bothers me to have my toddlers sit at the bottom oif the stairs and cry - and when that stupid nanny takes them upstairs for a bath and leaves them - and....well this GREAT mod will take care of all those annoyances. Thanks!!! :D
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:39 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 1st May 2008 at 4:59 AM.
Sweet! I do not have Free Time, so I'll try this tomorrow and let you know if it worked for me.

EDIT: Becks, do you have Numernor's base game starter and anygame starter? They're great for testing stuff with/without EPs.

EDIT 2: It works without Free Time. Both modular stairs and straight stairs. Awesome mods!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:50 PM
I bow to you! I have been wanting this since the sims2 first came out! My toddlers climb stairs why can't my simmies? I will play around with it and let you know if anything pops up.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:07 PM
mervelous!!! Ive wanted this for so long! Thank you VERY much hon :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 30th Apr 2008 at 5:42 PM.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I have wanted this since the game first came out! You are a genius!!!

Edit: Sorry HP, I won't mention featured uploads again!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:28 PM
Finally! Yay! thank you so very much :-)
I have all EP and SP up to Pets.. I had Seasons, celebration and H&M installed but had to remove them due to my pc crashing all the time so I'll let you know how it goes with Pets and below.

Take Care
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:30 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 30th Apr 2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Default Will you take a request?
Rebecah, after seeing this mod I just had a thought/request.

Can you make a similar mod to let puppies & kittens use stairs as well? I know your specialty is toddlers but maybe you could do this too? If not, do you know of any other modders that work with pets in particular & could do it? It would be so great to have toddlers AND baby pets be able to use stairs by themselves. After all, they do learn how to in real life, right?

I can't say it enough...thank you for this mod!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:36 PM
Wow! You did it! I could never understand why Maxis didn't go this. Thanks!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:41 PM
Thanks a lot this will make the game a lot easier with the toddlers!Can't wait to try it out!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:50 PM
fantastic, rebecah! it was always very annoying that toddlers couldn't use the stairs....thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Matze : 1st May 2008 at 5:18 PM.
Wow, thank you very much. That hack seems to be very useful.
I have FreeTime and of course I have to test your hack. Thx again.

OK. I've tested your mod in FreeTime and ... it works!
I have already downloaded your update and I hope it will be the same.
I am sure. Thank you very much again for your outstanding work.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 5:59 PM
Whee, this is soooo useful! Thanks a bunch for this mod :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 6:12 PM
Awesome mod! I can't wait to try it out in my game!

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 6:17 PM
Great mod, Rebecah! I don't have FT, so I'll see if I can test it for you. I'd also like to second the request for puppies and kittens if you're at all interested.
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 6:19 PM
Thank you so very much. I am also amazed that maxis didnt think of it either!
You are a star!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 6:53 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 30th Apr 2008 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Amazing! Thankyou so much for creating this! It's so cool you took the time to add animation, when most of us would have just been happy to have the toddler teleport from top to bottom.
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 30th Apr 2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thank you for this, rebecah

Too old to learn better english.but too young to have no wishes (for my sims)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 8:18 PM
Awesome!!
You are actually a genius !!
It's always bugged me that toddlers can't climb stairs.
Thanks so so much
xXx
Field Researcher
#21 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 30th Apr 2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
Rebecah, after seeing this mod I just had a thought/request.

Can you make a similar mod to let puppies & kittens use stairs as well? I know your specialty is toddlers but maybe you could do this too? If not, do you know of any other modders that work with pets in particular & could do it? It would be so great to have toddlers AND baby pets be able to use stairs by themselves. After all, they do learn how to in real life, right?

I can't say it enough...thank you for this mod!

I second that request Thank you SO much for this!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 9:26 PM
Rebecah, I'm going to d/l this and test it out in my game-base and NL-I hope and pray that it works in the game, because I've been among the many who have waited and hoped for so long to have someone or anyone to do a mod that makes the toddlers go up the stairs! With fingers crossed..
Right now I'm in the middle of installing every single family from all three hoods into Pleasantview, so it will be a couple of weeks before I can actually play it-but I'm going to have a house with a second floor for a family with a toddler just for this mod.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 10:43 PM Last edited by rebecah : 1st May 2008 at 1:24 AM.
I don't know why EA didn't allow kittens and puppies to use the stairs it's just so cute.

For those requesting stairway use for kittens and puppies. I am trying to do this but it's a little off. Kittens and Puppies are not actually classified as a class, so it made it very difficult to find they are considered infants, I have made it so they recoginze and will use the stairs

Pet version is now in moderation or you can find it Click Here.
Attached Images

Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:03 PM
MY GOD YOU GIVEN THEM THE MEANS TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD! BEHOLD! THE APPOCOLIPSE IS NEAR!

Thanks anyway :P
Forum Resident
#25 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 11:06 PM
Outstanding!

Thank you.
Page 1 of 5