Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 50 -- Fake Rowhouse -- City Starter

by plasticbox Posted 27th May 2008 at 12:35 AM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 4:19 PM by plasticbox

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:49 AM
Thank You :-) Its great
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:44 PM
Thank you, thank you! I'm glad this is out of beta. I know it will make lots of folks happy. My downtown sims sure could use this. No suburbuan houses in downtown, dammit!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:10 AM
BackdoorLane for real! Looks so... urban! Thanks a lot,
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:22 PM
This is the only series of houses that I plan to download this time. I want to start fresh with a custom neighborhood using your city houses. I appreciate all of your hard work spent sharing your creations!

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th May 2008 at 1:28 AM
Stop making me break my rules of an all self-built neighborhood! Grrr!

(Very pretty. I love the irregularly shaped rooms.)
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th May 2008 at 5:23 PM
Hey,
first I want to say that I love your Rowhouses. Thank you for building them.

But I have noticed that there's a bug appearing on these Backdoor Lane 50 Lots: My sims can't cook meals that require more than one cooking skill point. That's a bit annoying - I can let them learn cooking all day long but they only can eat sandwiches, muesli and all those "zero-skillpoints-meals". I've tried it with different sims, different fridges and different families. It's always the same, only on your Backdoor Lane 50 lots, though.
Did anyone experience the same thing or is my game going crazy?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2008 at 5:46 PM
Oh. Now that you say it: there is an issue with fridges behind diagonal doors (an old game bug, apparently still not fixed). Does it work for you if you tell a sim to cook when the sim is already *in* the kitchen? If yes, then it's only the door -- I'm quite sure there must be a hack to fix this, if not here on mts2 then on MATY ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/ -- use the search).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:15 PM
First off, I love the look of these houses! But before I actually put them in my neighbourhood, I have one question: Do you have to have the LotAdjuster for these houses to work??
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 2:14 AM
No. You only need that to build them.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 10:06 AM
Great work! My Sims will definatley be living in one of these! Just one question, how do you get them to look as if they are in a row?

From Billy :)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BillySavada
how do you get them to look as if they are in a row?

Um .. you put them next to each other? If that doesn't work for you: try using a different terrain, perhaps yours isn't flat?

Inventor
#13 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 1:04 PM Last edited by himawara106 : 7th Jul 2008 at 6:47 PM.
Plasticbox - I would love to see one more whole neighbourhood from you!
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 3:58 PM
Hey, I really love your houses!
But I've got one question: How do you get the car to park parallel to the house?
Just like here: https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...ane_50_Back.jpg
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:16 AM
Just checkin' in to say that I love these little houses! They make cities playable for me.

THANKS!!!

(second that neighborhood thing. You make tight 'hoods.

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 4:28 AM
Your houses are fantastic!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 4:55 PM
I love your houses! Good job!
Test Subject