Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixed ALPHA For Maxis Childrens' Baggy Pants (OLD VERSION, NO SHOE / COLOR CHANGES)

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 17th Jul 2008 at 8:08 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 7:48 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

5 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:04 AM
This was an alpha problem on the pants? D'oh! A while back, I tried to recolour one of the boys' shirt meshes and the pants colour kept bleeding onto the shirt. I thought it was the shirt, so I abandoned that project. Guess I'll have to take another look now.

Thanks for the fix!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:09 AM
fakepeeps7 I'm glad this might help you with your project! See the UV map and alpha images included with the fix, that should help. They have nice happy red arrows that say "do not go above this line".

Well, technically, Maxis put the UV for the pants a wee bit high, very close to the shirt, so some pants texture would get on shirt bottoms. That texture was outside the area that actually goes on the pants, it was on the edge of that, so making that part alpha=0 does not change the way the pants look at all, and it makes the shirts look right. I'm glad I could leave the UV as it was, even if it is a tad high, because a changed UV would break people's recolors and I would have had to move all the Maxis textures too. Less work for me = yay!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:53 PM
Thanks for this fix as well. I hated the bleed on some of my kids clothes. Some sets I liked but couldn't use because of that. Sometimes the bleeding got worse when they were active. This will take care of that nicely.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:28 PM
Whoo! Thanks so much. Its saved me time in trying to investigate it myself now too.
I'm glad I could point it out so that someone who knew how to fix it (you) could do.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 4:45 PM
I remember seeing this problem in my game and being pissed off at it. Thank you for fixing it:D