Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**UPDATE Mar.01 2009: Two hairs added** female conversion meshes, made to blend with Maxis.

by Layana Posted 17th Aug 2008 at 2:46 AM - Updated 10th May 2009 at 2:02 AM by Layana

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 2:45 AM
Thanks for all your work!!

Where ever did you get that adorable outfit on the teen girl?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 3:02 AM
That outfit came from The Sims 2 Store.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 6:50 AM
great job

you gonna do any of the ones for males?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 12:45 PM
Thankyou. I've just gone through Melodie's hairs to take out all the extra textures. That was a lot of work so I'm very much thankful for all the work you've done. I would have done this too, but I couldn't find a tutorial for how to do it, so thankyou very much!

I love all the extra details, like the fixes and elder hair recolours, so it's natural to ask for more like these. I second the request for male hairs. Also have you seen Callum's meshes, both here and at Insim?
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 1:01 PM
PLEASE please please do one for boys as well
Forum Resident
#7 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 1:49 PM
This is so awesome! I always wanted to have more of these and now you've made them. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 2:24 PM
Goodness gracious. THANK YOU.
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 3:05 PM
*-* thank you these! they're very much apreciated ^^ any chance of making this for the male ponytail that came with university? i use that hair a lot, and i hate having duplicates

hi!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phiz
I love all the extra details, like the fixes and elder hair recolours, so it's natural to ask for more like these. I second the request for male hairs. Also have you seen Callum's meshes, both here and at Insim?

Yes, I have some of Callum's meshes done up this way. I'll be uploading them soon!

I haven't even started on any of the male hairs yet, but I do plan to get those done as well! Keep an eye out.
Inventor
#11 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 7:49 PM
I know you say don't hit the delete button, But what would happen if you used one on a sim and then removed the package from the DL folder? Would it corrupt the game or just replace that sim's hair with a different style?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 7:52 PM
These are really awesome, but I'm nervous about having the delete button enabled on those downloads which will corrupt the game, if I forget and delete one of these. I've seen instructions (especially from Phaenoh) to place these type of downloads here:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

in the folder with the highest expansion pack, if no Free Time.

Is this going to work in this instance too?

Great job on these conversions!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 8:18 PM
marie2sims I don't think so. Normally things that edit the game files go there (as I understand it), and this is mostly all custom stuff. These don't have the custom content star on them, so I don't think it should be hard to remember not to delete them.

Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
I know you say don't hit the delete button, But what would happen if you used one on a sim and then removed the package from the DL folder? Would it corrupt the game or just replace that sim's hair with a different style?

I'm sure it would just give the sim a new hairstyle. I haven't tested it, but I see no reason for it to corrupt anything if you remove the package from the downloads folder.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 12:37 AM
These are awesome, I'll be eagerly awaiting any more you decide to upload.

I did want to point out a small error, though:

It seems to only be for the red child recolor, and looks like it's just an alpha issue that can probably be easily fixed by copying an alpha from one of the others, which are fine.

Also, for those who want the male hairs, gwillewyn has already done several of them here and here .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 1:20 AM Last edited by Layana : 18th Aug 2008 at 1:28 AM.
Sorry about that! Fixed it, please redownload "Pgchoppy.rar" Thank you for pointing it out.
Instructor
#16 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:29 AM Last edited by samantha45455 : 18th Aug 2008 at 2:40 PM.
Thanks! I loved melodie9 work, but not the duplicate textures that come with it.

Also, there is also another set of meshes by DJ_Mur3 (the OFB meshes):
http://hideki.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=70642

:D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:27 PM
I have two questions: first, I didn't think it was necessary to mess with genetic dominance for binned hairs -- that they would automatically act like the default Maxis ones. Is there a separate step necessary to make this happen? I've never noticed any of the hairs I've binned acting strangely.

Second -- is there a reason you did these in four-file distributions (Black, Brown, Blonde, Red) instead of just one like Gwillewyn did? Is there a simple way I could merge them all into one file without messing up your work? I'd love to do so to reduce the amount of files I have to look at.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:56 PM
aqualectrix I didn't even consider that simply having them binned would fix the genetic aspect. I did just test it though, and you're right about that, but it doesn't hurt anything that I did it.

It's just my preference to have one package for each recolor. I have PM'd you a way you can put them all in one.
Inventor
#19 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 9:13 PM
I love all these but I there is one hair you don't seem to have done that I'd love, the base game straight long hair.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 9:28 PM
That hair is "Longsimple" and is included, I just forgot to take a picture of it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 12:59 AM
is it possible to put all the hair meshes into one larger file? it would be easier to copy all the files to the Downloads folder from one larger archive file. i'm not trying to sound rude or anything, it's just that it would be easier on others. and thanks too! ^_^;
Inventor
#22 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Layana
That hair is "Longsimple" and is included, I just forgot to take a picture of it.

Oh okay sorry my mistake.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 1:42 AM
I downloaded all of the conversions that you did, but none of them are showing up in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 2:44 AM
Hmm, are you looking for them in the right place? They will be with all the other Maxis hairs, rather than in the beginning with the Custom hairs.
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 4:27 AM
Yes, I looked all the way thru the hairs and they didn't show up at all
Page 1 of 2