Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

8 Lovely Lashes

by Fashion Republic Posted 4th Sep 2008 at 8:01 PM - Updated 17th Mar 2009 at 6:39 PM by Fashion Republic : File 404 Error

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 9:19 PM
Couldn't find the answer on Peggy's site... Does this mesh have correct bone weights so the lashes move when the sim blinks?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 9:26 PM
Beautiful eyelashes, thank you. I've always loved the 3D make-up concept.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 9:39 PM
The lashes are lovely. Thank you. And CatOfEvilGenius I've downloaded the originals from Peggy and they don't move when the sim blinks.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Couldn't find the answer on Peggy's site... Does this mesh have correct bone weights so the lashes move when the sim blinks?

I have that mesh Cat, and I'm afraid they don't Still its a barely noticeable problem and they look great in game.
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 11:13 PM
Thanks for letting me know.

Even if they don't move, they would be very useful for fashion photography, and they are quite nicely recolored.

Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 11:27 PM
Someone should make them so they do move then they blink, if its possible. *hinthint*

HEY,YOU. LOOK OVER HERE.
Take the Anna challenge- Create something out of the ordinary.
[Starting 9-15-08]
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 8:01 AM
These are very pretty! Thank you hon
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 2:00 PM
Lovely.
Thank you very much.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 4:40 PM
These totally rock !!
Thanks you very much
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 1:13 PM
These are so very pretty.

I have had one problem with them. When I restart the game, any sims I had wearing the lashes get the blue flashy mesh of death and their eyelashes follow them around. I have had to take them off all the sims, lest they look fugly.

It sucks because the lashes look fab.

GREAT JOB. They really are beautiful.

MAC USER.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 1:38 PM Last edited by LyriKa : 7th Sep 2008 at 4:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ThePhantomFly---x
These are so very pretty.

I have had one problem with them. When I restart the game, any sims I had wearing the lashes get the blue flashy mesh of death and their eyelashes follow them around. I have had to take them off all the sims, lest they look fugly.

It sucks because the lashes look fab.

GREAT JOB. They really are beautiful.

That's a mesh problem, but there is an easy solution for that!

When you turn on your game and re-enter your lot, have your blue-flashy-lashes sim go to the mirror -> change appearance

Don't change anything, and just Accept.

And voila! No more blue-flashy-lashes!

I'll PM you this just in-case

Check out my LiveJournal for more downloads.

"The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!" - Coco
Not actually evil.
#13 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 7:39 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 7th Sep 2008 at 10:44 PM.
The blue flashy problem is caused by the mesh creator not creating the correct number of groups. See explanation here. Yes, we can temporarily fix it with the mirror each time, but we shouldn't have to. The creator should fix the mesh.

This bugs me so much that I've half a mind to do it myself if I can, and add animation if possible. Don't know if it'll work, so no promises, folks.

Of course, PeggyZone doesn't allow modification of their stuff, so technically, I'm not allowed to upload a fix. On the other hand, I don't see why people should be forced to use broken unanimated meshes when someone could create a fix. Also, while this particular mesh is available for free, PeggyZone is a paysite, which is illegal, so I don't feel strongly compelled to follow their rules. Meh. If I can make a fix, I'll ask the admins what they think about uploading it.

I DO respect and follow creator usage policies on MTS2 and other free sites.

-----------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE : According to HP, there is currently no known way to animate lashes because we cannot access the facial skeleton. However, the blue flashy problem should be fixable. So someone can contact Peggy and ask her to fix it. If she won't, I don't see why we can't.

Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 11:38 AM
Great job, thank you!
Theorist
#15 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 2:03 AM
thank you.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 4:59 PM
Great lashes, thank you FR!

P.S.
There's a tutorial here on MTS2 to stop them from flashing blue. They do that because it's duplicated from a maxis item. To fix it all it requires is changing a bit of coding to permanently stop the flashing blue problem.

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 7:37 AM
Very pretty,thank you..
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 10:14 PM
Thank you! Great Job!
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:52 AM
papercutbliss kindly fixed this mesh so that it doesn't flash http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...73881#msg173881 it is post 24.

i'm a pepper
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 1:26 AM
Beautiful and versatile lashes. I love them. Thank you.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 1:10 PM
sorry, I don't have the creator's original archive, but I do have these files and I do want to help, so I just zipped them together, but there's no readme or what could have been there initially.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Fashion-Republic Lashes.rar (362.0 KB, 231 downloads)
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:11 AM
wow these are perfect for sims who go out having fun
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 5:09 PM
Hi there, i wondered if you coloud help me, i've downloaded the meshes from peggyzone and downloaded your lashes but in the game when i click on them it dosen't appear on the sim, i tried to download that thread that you posted about the blue flashing to see if that would work but wen i tried to download it wen the sims 2 custom content downloader opens it say, please doubled click on the custom content you want to install, and im not an expert on all this stuff but i do download loads but anyway yh i wondered if you knew wat to do or if you could help me in any way. thanks. xx
Theorist
#24 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 1:15 PM
The lashes won't appear in my game. Well, the lashes' icons appear in the glasses and accessories section, but it won't appear on the Sim. Have any idea of what might be the problem?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 9:58 PM
Super, coool, thank you
Page 1 of 2