Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Face Replacements 2: Electric Boogaloo

by Katuchan Posted 24th Sep 2008 at 6:29 PM - Updated 7th Oct 2008 at 1:58 AM by Katuchan : adding some keywords

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 6:48 PM
Wow, what an effort! All those faces AND 3 screenshots each. Very thorough. Thank you for these and all the links to other CAS replacements too.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 7:04 PM
I really liked them!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 7:43 PM
I was planning on picking and choosing templates, but I ended up just downloading the lot of them. They are gorgeous in game. Head on preview pics do not do them justice. I'm in love.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 9:06 PM
WOO! success! congrats on these getting approved. i still LOVE them and their cute wide noses. <333
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 10:36 PM
I'm sorry If I sound like a retard but... do I just put these in my downloads folder? I've never downloaded any face replacement-thingies before.
They're gorgeous, btw!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 10:47 PM
You are made of win! I love the elf faces in particular. These will go into my rotation when I create my hoods and spawn townies :D
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 1:58 AM
I'll definitely be using these from now on. Thank you.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 2:55 AM
Thank everyone so much for all the positive feedback! ^_^ It totally makes all the hard work worth it. You guys are awesome!

Specific replies:

Quote: Originally posted by KyoichiYotobari
I'm sorry If I sound like a retard but... do I just put these in my downloads folder? I've never downloaded any face replacement-thingies before.
They're gorgeous, btw!

Yep! Just unzip them and throw them in your downloads folder, that's all there is to it!

Quote: Originally posted by linuslover30
I'll definitely be using these from now on. Thank you.

No, thank you! Without your permission, these wouldn't have been possible. May they serve you well!
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 7:35 AM
I'm going to be the odd one out here, but I figured you'd like to hear some honest critique anyway. It's a long post, but I hope you can read it and not be stressed about it.

I downloaded your templates and tested them in-game quite a bit. I looked at every single face from all angles, tested the sliders here and there, rearranged skin files and hair... I even had new template sims breed with old template Sims that I liked the looks of, and the females turned out pretty good. The males were a disaster. The screenshots you have make all these faces look beautiful, and don't get me wrong, a lot of them are. I thought the wide nose thing was interesting, but I have to say...the view from the side is entirely different than the view from the front. They don't have any bends in their noses at all, and my biggest gripe is just that--they're too big. It really disappointed me because I liked the other features presented in this set. Some of those faces have noses that stick out a lot in the center of the bridge. Yes, yes, I know that normal humans sometimes have that, but I see a ton of people every day at work, and I only see huge noses like that once in a great while. (I have a long nose myself, so don't think I'm some shallow jerk wanting to rain on your parade.)

I know it takes a ton of effort to make these sets, and I'm very glad you gave us one to try out. On the positive side, I was VERY happy to see some wider jaws in the female bin. I've been wanting to get away from the typical perfectly-pointed chin for a long time, and the first one that popped up was absolutely beautiful. I loved all the lips, how they were full and stuck out a little, and most of the eyes were very well-shaped as well. I would hope that, maybe, if you put out another set in the future, you might consider downsizing the noses just a little bit? It's not the wideness. I like that. It's definitely the straight (or sometimes bumpy) edge between forehead and nose tip.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 2:43 PM
Just downloaded these - the first set of face replacements I've ever got! I've shied away from them in the past because other sets can look so samey, but I've just looked through yours quickly in bodyshop and I love the variety you've managed to put into the set. I also liked how they were easy to modify and make my own gorgeous faces using these as a base. The nose shape is fairly different from what I would usually make (I like short, upturned ones...like my own, I guess) but I like the overall look. Thanks
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:45 PM
These are great!!! It's too bad your default blended skintones aren't for downloading, they look so nice and something I've been looking for a long time. Thanks anyways!! :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 9:35 AM Last edited by Azureale : 1st Oct 2008 at 9:47 AM.
Hi and thank you for the hard job.

Are the numbers refering to the position of the faces in the catalog ? I mean is facefile01-heart.package the first face of the catalog for males and females ? And facefile02-base.package the second one etc.

I am asking because I really like a lot the fourth face of the first row for females and was surprised to find the similar face for males in the fifth place of the catalog.
So which file should I keep in my downloads folder in order to be sure to have that specific face in my game ?

edit : I just remembered there is a extra face for males, stupid me. Which one is it in the catalog if anyone knows ? Thank you in advance. OK, it looks like the extra face for male is simply the first one, I hope I am right .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiseiki
I'm going to be the odd one out here, but I figured you'd like to hear some honest critique anyway. It's a long post, but I hope you can read it and not be stressed about it.

I downloaded your templates and tested them in-game quite a bit. I looked at every single face from all angles, tested the sliders here and there, rearranged skin files and hair... I even had new template sims breed with old template Sims that I liked the looks of, and the females turned out pretty good. The males were a disaster. The screenshots you have make all these faces look beautiful, and don't get me wrong, a lot of them are. I thought the wide nose thing was interesting, but I have to say...the view from the side is entirely different than the view from the front. They don't have any bends in their noses at all, and my biggest gripe is just that--they're too big. It really disappointed me because I liked the other features presented in this set. Some of those faces have noses that stick out a lot in the center of the bridge. Yes, yes, I know that normal humans sometimes have that, but I see a ton of people every day at work, and I only see huge noses like that once in a great while. (I have a long nose myself, so don't think I'm some shallow jerk wanting to rain on your parade.)

I know it takes a ton of effort to make these sets, and I'm very glad you gave us one to try out. On the positive side, I was VERY happy to see some wider jaws in the female bin. I've been wanting to get away from the typical perfectly-pointed chin for a long time, and the first one that popped up was absolutely beautiful. I loved all the lips, how they were full and stuck out a little, and most of the eyes were very well-shaped as well. I would hope that, maybe, if you put out another set in the future, you might consider downsizing the noses just a little bit? It's not the wideness. I like that. It's definitely the straight (or sometimes bumpy) edge between forehead and nose tip.

Thanks for the critique, and sorry for the late response. >.< I always forget to check the comments. I hope to goodness I don't make any more face replacement sets (three might be a bit excessive, lol), but if I do, I will definitely keep your critiques in mind. I haven't had a chance to breed any of my faces yet, but I find it odd that the males would turn out poorly, since most of these templates were designed as male first, female second.

But I suppose it's all down to taste anyway. That's why I packaged them all separately, so you're able to keep the ones you like and leave out the ones you don't.

Again, thanks for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it. ^_^

Quote: Originally posted by Azureale
Hi and thank you for the hard job.

Are the numbers refering to the position of the faces in the catalog ? I mean is facefile01-heart.package the first face of the catalog for males and females ? And facefile02-base.package the second one etc.

I am asking because I really like a lot the fourth face of the first row for females and was surprised to find the similar face for males in the fifth place of the catalog.
So which file should I keep in my downloads folder in order to be sure to have that specific face in my game ?

edit : I just remembered there is a extra face for males, stupid me. Which one is it in the catalog if anyone knows ? Thank you in advance. OK, it looks like the extra face for male is simply the first one, I hope I am right .

Yes, the numbers correspond to the faces in the catalog. The males have an extraneous face at the beginning that isn't actually a template at all - it just shows as whatever other face you have selected at the moment. So #4 for females will show in the 5th spot for males...but it's still the #4 template. So yes, all your assumptions are correct. Thank you!

And thanks to everyone else who's commented, thanked, and downloaded. <3
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 8:18 AM
Thanks for taking the time to make these! I suck at trying to make Sims look different. They always end up looking like freaks! I appreciate you taking the time to do all the sets and also for providing links to others sets as well. To me, this shows how much you care about the game and the quality of your and others, work.
Scholar
#16 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:24 AM
Now how did I miss these?

Loved your last set, and these look even better! I have a round-ish face and a substantial nose as well, so your style really appeals to me.

Thanks so much for uploading!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 2:58 PM
I have fooled around a bunch with changing default face templates...trying ones everyone is using for their legacies, etc... and I like yours best. Love the noses, LOVE the lips, which are so stern and severe in some other faces. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us!
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 1:31 AM
Much better than before- thank you.
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 7:54 AM
First, thank you so much for these lovely faces, they are gorgeous. I downloaded them into my Downloads folder that I normally use, but they aren't showing up in the game. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something? I'd love to use these faces but I just can't seem to make them work.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:24 PM
I have spent several days checking out various sets of CAS Default Replacement Faces. I like yours very much and I want to thank you for sharing these with everyone. I did notice that several of your faces have elf ears, not just the normal one -- face 26. In my game, at least, faces 2, 5, 21, 23 and 26 all have elf ears. Except that face no. 5 is barely noticeable and may only be due to my setting for "smooth edges" being turned all the way down. If I put that setting all the way up, it's possible that the ears on no. 5 may not actually look elfish at all.

Anyway, my favorite of your "elf" faces is actually no. 2. I'm going to see if I can find other CAS DRF for no.'s 21, 23 and 26 that are not elfish to use instead of yours, but I just wanted you to know that your face no. 2 is probably the best "elf" face I've seen so far.

As far as your noses are concerned, I do like the majority of them. There are just a couple that I feel are slightly too wide at the bridge, but otherwise I really like them better than the majority of other CAS DRF noses that I've seen so far.

So, I'm mainly posting to tell you thank you and I think your faces are some of the best I've seen.
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:45 AM
These are so amazing! Since I recently had to reformat my hardrive now all the new townies will make pretty babies! -Bows-
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:15 PM
Hello, i love your face replacements.. But the problem is, and i hope you get this comment, is that when i tried to download the third file which is the last one to download, it wont let me download it, i keep getting a error message..Please help me.. i am in dieing need to have this last file in my sims game.. thanks

please reply back..message, comment, what ever.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th May 2009 at 7:04 AM Last edited by Katuchan : 15th May 2009 at 7:05 AM. Reason: meant to say more
Quote: Originally posted by Simsane
I have spent several days checking out various sets of CAS Default Replacement Faces. I like yours very much and I want to thank you for sharing these with everyone. I did notice that several of your faces have elf ears, not just the normal one -- face 26. In my game, at least, faces 2, 5, 21, 23 and 26 all have elf ears. Except that face no. 5 is barely noticeable and may only be due to my setting for "smooth edges" being turned all the way down. If I put that setting all the way up, it's possible that the ears on no. 5 may not actually look elfish at all.

So, I'm mainly posting to tell you thank you and I think your faces are some of the best I've seen.

Thank you very much! Yes, actually there are a number of them with elf ears. There were two reasons for this, the first one being that many of them were based on born-in-game sims, who happened to have elf ears. The second is that unless you have a hack that allows it, the EELF template will not generate on townies; which means no elven townies! Unacceptable! Thank you, and thank you for the con crit!

Quote: Originally posted by Hollsiter07
Hello, i love your face replacements.. But the problem is, and i hope you get this comment, is that when i tried to download the third file which is the last one to download, it wont let me download it, i keep getting a error message..Please help me.. i am in dieing need to have this last file in my sims game.. thanks

please reply back..message, comment, what ever.

It's working fine for me, but occasionally there are problems with the site, especially if you're trying to download more than one file at a time. If you try again and it still doesn't work, I could direct you to another download link for them. Feel free to PM me, to be sure I get the message right away!

And thank you to everyone else who's commented and hit the thanks button! The kind words are very appreciated!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th May 2009 at 7:09 AM
WOW, is sounds so great, I love it ! Thanks you
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:37 PM
This... is... GORGEOUS. Caps necessary.
I really loved the first set because of the unique noses.
I am excited to try these out!
PS: I adore the pointy ears. I squeal with delight when a pair pops up on a child without me realizing the parent had them. :D
Page 1 of 2