Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 2:02 PM
Ich bin nicht aus Bayern, aber ich mag die Gegend sehr. Man kann dort so viel unternehmen, die Landschaft bietet sich für so viele Dinge an, wie Wandern, Radfahren, in den Gebirgsseen schwimmen und vieles mehr. Und die Leute sind auch nett. Wahrscheinlich gefällt es mir dort so gut, weil Bayern Österreich ähnlich ist.
Ich würde mich in Norddeutschland nicht so wohl fühlen. Da würde ich lieber gleich übers Meer nach Großbritannien ziehen.

I am not from Bavaria, but I love the scenery there. You have so many options for doing all kind of stuff in the nature, like tracking, biking, swimming in tarns and so on.
I like the people there too. Maybe I like Bavaria because it's a bit like the country where I live.
I wouldn't feel comfortable to live in northern Germany. Then I would more likely travel across the sea and live in Great Britain.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 2:31 PM
Vielen dank chizuru! Dieses gruppe ist sehr gut, Ich liebe es! <3

The way I'm learning nouns is a good strategy, it teaches me nouns like this:
dog means der hund
cat means die katze
car means das auto
I guess I'll just have to remember the matching nouns

I think Germans are such great people, I've met 7 German exchanged students in high school and they're some of the nicest people I've ever met. I even went to the prom with one of the guys

My cousin moved to Bavaria because she met some German exchanged students in college and they became good friends. Then, when she went to study in Germany, they offered a place for her to live with them. She fell in love with the area and decided to stay there. Now, she's living in a cute little apartment with her German boyfriend... (how do you say boyfriend and girlfriend in Deutsch?) She sent me pictures and it really looks beautiful.

My friends are mostly from the north, and one of them said sometimes he can't understand Bavarians. That's why I'm planning to stay in the north so it'll be easier to learn, then travel to the south. (I've never heard of Lowgerman or Frisian)

(())
//\\
"Well I'm in business...business of kickin' your a**, and let me tell you, business is booming! I'm open for business, business of givin' you the business...up your butt!" ~Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hungerforce
Test Subject
#28 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 5:12 PM
Kein Problem ^^. Gern geschehen. I'm glad I could help you.

We use the same word for boyfriend and girlfriend as we use for "normal" friends. That means:
boyfriend = der Freund
girlfriend = die Freundin
(normal) friend = der Freund / die Freundin

If you want to express/emphasise that they go steady (I don't know, do you say sb. has a steady boyfriend o_O?) you would add the word "fest" which means "steady" in this context: der feste Freund / die feste Freundin
But that is just to emphasise that fact or to make something more clear.
If you want to say that she is living together with her boyfriend you would just say "Sie lebt mit ihrem Freund zusammen."
But if you want to say for example that she has got a boyfriend you would say "Sie hat einen festen Freund." because Freund could also mean friend in this context and could be interpreted as a description of the fact that she has got friends, that she is not lonely. Hope you understand what I mean. I just wanted to give you examples and normally it is enough to say Freund for boyfriend and Freundin for girlfriend, cause everyone will know the meaning from the context.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 1:32 AM
Ich habe sie verstanden! danke.

Thanks for all the help!

(())
//\\
"Well I'm in business...business of kickin' your a**, and let me tell you, business is booming! I'm open for business, business of givin' you the business...up your butt!" ~Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hungerforce
Inventor
#30 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
Ich bin nicht aus Bayern, aber ich mag die Gegend sehr.

Dem kann ich zustimmen. Bayern ist wirklich sehr schön.
I can agree with that. Bavaria is really very beautiful.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#31 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 7:35 PM
I FINALLY started learnign some vocabulary, I have to study for my test coming up

Can anyone tell me what "Bleibt" "Bahnhof" und "Immer" mean?

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 9:19 PM
The meaning of "bleibt" normally is "stays", but I think in some rare cases it can change with the context as with all other verbs. The infinitive of this verb is "bleiben" and the form "bleibt" is 3rd person singular present tense. Example: "Er bleibt zu Hause." = "He stays at home."

"der Bahnhof" = (train) station

"immer" = always

Good luck with your test (:
If you have further questions, don't hestitate to ask ^^.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#33 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:59 PM
Thanks! (danke schon? lol)

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Inventor
#34 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 9:58 PM
The "German" extra-letters (if you are in need of them): Öö Üü Ää ß
"Danke schön" is correct but only "Danke" would work too.
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 6:38 PM
Default Hallo,
ich bin die neue :P
Ärgere mich gerade wieder mit dem Simdateipacken rum und bin auf der Antwortsuche zu meinem Problem auf die gruppe gestoßen...

Ist ne tolle Idee. Hätte gar nicht gedacht,dass es so viele gibt, habe mich so um die 10 verschätzt.hihi. Und dann muss man ja noch die hinzurechnen,die der Gruppe ja noch gar nicht beigetreten sind. Wahnsinn.

Also ich freue mich...

Liebste Grüße und
SUL SUL
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:56 AM
@Lacrisa wilkommen in der gruppe, du musst schon wissen das der text auch auf english sein soll. Was ist den los mit die packen? Vielleicht können wir dir helfen.

@Lacrisa Welcome to the group, you have to know that the text also have to be written in english. What is the problem with your packets? Maybe we can help.

Grübe aus belgien
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 1:44 PM
Hallo Loni,

Das mit dem Packen, da habe ich schon Hilfe in einem anderen Forum (The Ranch). Aber danke,dass du mir helfen möchtest.

The thing with the packing, well i already get some help in another forum here, the Ranch. But thank you very much that you wanted to help me.

The next Posts i will try to write in english aswell,of course
The nächsten Posts werde ich versuchen auch auf englisch zu schreiben.
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 3:04 PM
Hallo! Ich bin zu dieser Gruppe neu. Ich habe Deutsches während nur einer kurzen Zeit jetzt konnte Störungen in meinen Sätzen so dort sein studiert. Ich hoffe, dass ich gut erlerne. Ich möchte in Deutschland eines Tages wohnen. Ich schloß mich dieser Gruppe an, um meinem Wortschatz zu helfen.

Hello! I am new to this group. I have been studying German for only a little while now so there is probably mistakes in my sentences. I hope I am learning well. I would like to live in Germany someday. I joined this group to help my vocabulary.
Inventor
#39 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 8:58 AM
Not perfect but pretty good anyway.
"Ich bin neu in dieser Gruppe. Ich lerne Deutsch erst seit kurzem, also sind vielleicht Fehler in meinen Sätzen."
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 4:43 PM
Hallo,
Ich habe ein problem: ich habe ein skin mit tattoos creiert und ich weib jetz nicht wie ich es aus dem spiel krieg ums zu uploaden. Ich hoffe das jemand mir helfen kan!!

Hello,
I have a problem: I've ceated a skin with tattoos and now I don't know how I get it out of my gamme to upload it. I hope someone can help me!!

Greetings
Loni93
Inventor
#41 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 10:32 PM
The file should be in the "Saved Sims" folder.
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 3:21 PM
Wie meinst du das, ein sim machen mit diesen skin oder was?

What do you mean, making a sim with the skin or what?

x Loni93
Inventor
#43 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 8:22 PM
The skin itself should be there if you made the skin. You don't need a Sim if you just want to publish the skin. Just remember the name you gave it in Bodyshop.
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 2:03 AM
I have a question. Whats the differences between High German and Low German? I don't speak German myself but I'm half German. My great grandpa spoke low and my great grandma spoke high. I've asked my family what the differences is but they don't know how to explain it to me them self's. I've always wondered this since I was a little girl but I've also wanted to learn German too.
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 7:19 PM
When I read your question I already had a basic idea of it in mind, but to be sure not to tell you anything wrong, I looked those things up at wikipedia. I think their explanation of Low German is very good to show the differences.
As you may already know, all the languages in the world are undergoing some kind of "evolution" all the time. That means there are always some changes in pronounciation, grammar, vocabulary etc. An example would be the English Shakespeare uses (Elisabethan English if I remember correctly). You don't speak that anymore, because the English language has changed since that time.
That goes for all the languages, also for German. In the German language long ago there was a consonant shift, which means a change in pronounciation. You can look up what "happened" at wikipedia, there is a table with the differences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_German#Sound_change
(Compare "Proto-Germanic" and "High German" to see the change and compare "Low German and "German" to get an example for it.)
While the people in the middle and the south had that change, those in the north didn't. That's why their language showed some differences.
While the language of those who lived in the middle and the south became our nowadays "Standard German", the language of those in the north became what we now call "Plattdeutsch". I'm not an expert on Plattdeutsch, as I live in the south of Germany, but you would basically call it one of the different dialects in Germany, like Baviarian and so on. To clarify things: Everyone nowadays speaks "Standard German", even the people in the north. Those dialects are just special for different regions, although linguists are arguing weather Plattdeutsch may even be considered a seperate language, but that's a little bit too complicated I think.

I don't know how old your great grandparents are or when they lived, but I guess what your family meant was that your great grandpa spoke what we now call Plattdeutsch and your great grandma spoke some dialect from the middle or the south. I think I have to add that those are very different and it is really difficult for somebody from e.g. Bavaria to understand someone who is speaking Plattdeutsch and vice versa.

Hope that could help you. I don't know if there are any examples so that you could listen to the different pronounciation, but I'm sure you can find something on youtube or somewhere else if you would like to hear the difference (as you can only see the words there at the wikipedia-table; you said that you don't speak German, so I guess you don't know how the pronounciation differs through the change).
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 2:21 AM
Oh Thank you for explaining that to me. I'll look around and see if I can find any information about it on the internet.
Test Subject
#47 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:07 PM
habe mich gerade dieser Gruppe angeschlossen und möchte auf diesem Weg '' Hallo '' sagen )

*I just joined this group and wanted to say '' HI '' ) *
Instructor
#48 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 1:22 PM
Hallo, ich schließ mich euch auch mal an!
Es gibt allerdings gar nicht so wenige Deutsche hier auf MTS, ich sehe immer wieder welche. Sicher sind nicht alle als Creator aktiv aber ich schätze, dass Deutsche eine der größeren "Minderheiten" hier sind.

Hi, finally I'm also joining you!
But in fact there are quite many Germans here at MTS, I happen to see new ones quite regularly. Of course not all of them are active creators but I'd guess we Germans are one of the bigger 'minorities' here.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 2:16 PM
Oh, toll, endlich eine deutsche Gruppe Gibt´s ja jetzt für fast jede "größere" Sprache, oder?^^
Als das mit den Gruppen neu war, habe ich nach einer gesucht, aber es gab noch keine.
Na dann, ich wollte eigentlich auch nur Hallo sagen.
(Hätte nie gedacht, dass es so viele deutschsprachige und deutschlernende Leute hier gibt, obwohl ich immer öfter welche entdeckt und mich dann immer gewundert habe )

Oh great, a german group finally There is one for almost every much-spoken language here i think.^^ When the social groups got a new feature i have been searching for a german group, but there wasn´t any.
Well, just wanted to say Hello.
(Never thought that there are so many german-speaking and -learning people here - though i´ve found a few and was always surprised about it )

---Maxisdreams---LJ---
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 1:06 PM Last edited by psychosim0 : 20th Apr 2009 at 1:17 PM.
So, als Deutscher aus dem schönen Norden mache ich auch mal mit.
So, as native German from the beautiful north I will join you, too.

Ich bin erstaunt, dass es tatsächlich so viele Leute gibt, die Deutsch lernen wollen.
I'm amazed that there actually are so many people willing to learn German.

Ich finde die Sprache eher langweilig, und sie ist so schwer zu lernen für Fremde. Die Deutschen machen ja selbst genug Fehler.
I find this language rather boring, and it's so hard to learn for foreigners. The native Germans themselves do enough mistakes, indeed.

Ich mag die Sprachmelodie des Englischen! ("des Englischen" is genitive)
I like the speech melody of English!

Wie auch immer, als Dichter habe ich einen großen deutschen Wortschatz, und in der Schule hatte ich Englisch-Leistungskurs, deswegen bin ich recht gut in beiden Sprachen (auch dank der ständigen Übung in der Sims-Gemeinschaft).
However, as a poet I have large German vocabulary, and at school I had advanced English courses, so I'm quite good in both languages (also due to steady practice in the sims community).

Diese Gruppe ist sicher toll für Deutschlernende, sich für ihren eigenen Gebrauch Dinge abzugucken*!
This group is surely great for German-learning people to copy things for their own use!

Das ist der Grund, warum ich so schreibe, Deutsch-Englisch-Deutsch, für direkten Vergleich und leichteres Verständnis... Wie diese alten Selbstlern-Kassetten: "the cat: die Katze - Wiederhole! - the cat: die Katze"...
That's why I write this way, German-Englisch-German, for direct comparison and easier understanding... Like those old selflearning-cassettes:"the cat: die Katze - Repeat! - the cat: die Katze"

*abgucken: gucken/angucken = to watch/look at; abgucken = to copy "with your eyes"

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones

Page 2 of 6