Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simlogical School & Meeting controllers in Rust

by aelflaed Posted 10th Feb 2009 at 2:13 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 10:37 PM by aelflaed

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 4:38 AM
Thank you for the recolours and a double thank you for the link to the community lot enabled stuff as well, now I can have my local schools without people living on it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 10:07 AM
You rock. I had a very similar thought not two days ago. Man, with the rust and the bell and everything. You must be telepathic or something! Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 10:29 PM
Thank you. The silverish bell especially looks great.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 10:38 PM
Thanks everyone. I've replaced the file after The Crash, should be working again now.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st May 2009 at 9:58 AM
Great recolours, I love them ! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 3:53 PM
Thankyou so much for these! I play in Victorian simmies and the bright colours just looked stupid. The rust one looks smashing xxxx
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 12:53 AM
You're welcome!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 9:52 AM
umm, how do I make the community lot work?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 2:19 AM
- You build the lot and put the controllers on it.
- Send your sim there - the lot can be owned by a sim if you have OFB.
- Use your sim to assign classes, enroll students, and of course flag themselves as the teacher or principal. Plus assignng any other teachers you may need.

To use the school after this, send a sim to the comm lot. If you are there before 9 AM, all assigned personnel will be summoned automatically at nine. If you are later, you will have to click on the schoolbell and choose 'start school'. You will need to choose 'end school' when you want to send the kids home, or they may go home of their own accord after 5 PM.

If you don't use the school as an owned lot, it will be difficult/impossible to make changes during play, but you can edit the lot from the hood screen. If it is sim-owned, you have the opposite effect. Depends what you prefer.

Mostly, you need to try it for yourself and see how it functions for you. Good luck!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 2:46 AM
I can't figure out how to use this to save my life.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 8:30 PM
Do you have the meshes from Simlogical? The message right above yours includes hints on how to get your school working.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
These are *much* better than those ghastly yellow buttons! Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 5:16 PM
I have been secretly wishing for these, and never knew anyone had done them yet! I am sooo happy to see them! Thank You
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 12:18 AM
you're welcome!
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 11:23 PM
I've downloaded these but I don't know what section of buy mode they'll show up in. Do you know?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 7:10 AM
Sorry, I can't remember any more. Miscellaneous? I haven't played Sims2 in several years. They are there somewhere!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:51 PM
It's miscellaneous > miscellaneous. I can't believe I'm finding these just now. Struggled to make my school on a community lot and finally has the lot owner get the controllers at home, put them in backpack inventory and take them to the lot to unpack!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 6:51 AM
Thank you, toadflax! Nice that people are still finding them useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:10 AM
I use the originals all the time in my game. Love the new look and that I can now use them on a community lot. Thanks so much for sharing!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:12 AM
You made them shiftable! I love you! :-D Thanks for sharing these :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 8:06 PM
Thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 1:52 AM
Thank you