Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Academia Atletic (12 dormrooms) No CC!

by Eloissa Posted 8th Mar 2009 at 10:39 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 12:29 AM by Eloissa

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 2:10 AM
BRAVO! You've done it again! Your attention to detail is absolutely fantastic! Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 8:25 AM
WOW ! Fantastic lot I love it ! And what a hard work you put on it ! Gorgeous result and fully diserved award ! Congratulations
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 11:01 AM
amazing ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:03 PM
Thx for your lovely comments! It was a big suprise to me when I discoverded this one was a picked upload! :D

Quote:
~~Simmies...... All around the world~~
Do you like more to see??:)Look here!
Please do not upload any of my stuff to other websites without my permission. Thank you!

Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 8:34 AM
finally I found something cool but it doesn't work! when I put my Sims in the lot i cant see my Sims......It's like i am in the lot without having a Sims in it!....what do i have to do?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny0010
finally I found something cool but it doesn't work! when I put my Sims in the lot i cant see my Sims......It's like i am in the lot without having a Sims in it!....what do i have to do?

Hi Johnny,

I don't have an idea why your Sims disappear? I tested it and it runs fine. Maybe you can move out your Sims, then move them back. If this isn't working, you've could download it for the second time.

Let me know if this isn't working at all.

Quote:
Please do not upload any of my stuff to other websites without my permission. Thank you!

Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eloissa
Hi Johnny,

I don't have an idea why your Sims disappear? I tested it and it runs fine. Maybe you can move out your Sims, then move them back. If this isn't working, you've could download it for the second time.

Let me know if this isn't working at all.

No ...not working....when i made the lot...you didn't made it on a residential lot....you made it on a community lot...the reason it doesn't work is because the lot doesn't have a mail box...and when I enter the lot i can't see my Sims; I enter directly in build mode to put a mail box....but i don't have one in my game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:55 PM
Quote:
No ...not working....when i made the lot...you didn't made it on a residential lot....you made it on a community lot...the reason it doesn't work is because the lot doesn't have a mail box...and when I enter the lot i can't see my Sims; I enter directly in build mode to put a mail box....but i don't have one in my game.

Hmm, strange
Can you change it by yourself into a Dorm? Please, try this:

Open your cheatbox by pressing Ctrl+ Shift+ C, type in: changelotzoning dorm.

However, I don't understand it how it's changes by itself into a community lot?? It works fines by me. PM me if it not works at all!

Quote:

Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eloissa
Hmm, strange
Can you change it by yourself into a Dorm? Please, try this:

Open your cheatbox by pressing Ctrl+ Shift+ C, type in: changelotzoning dorm.

However, I don't understand it how it's changes by itself into a community lot?? It works fines by me. PM me if it not works at all!

no....it is a dorm...when you make a dorm you have to put first a residential terrain ...and the you do the building and then the code. You made the building on a community terrain. And then you put the code....the code woks....but when you make a dorm, the terrain has to be a residential one to have a mail box and a trash can....when you make the building on a community terrain you have a phone box and a trash can...and that's not good...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 2nd May 2009 at 2:46 AM
I am having the exqact same issue with two of your lots out of three i downloaded. I am going to try to change the lot zoning. the first lot i played The Beta dorm works fine. But the Omega dorm and the Atletic dorm both behave as if im visiting a community lot without an active sim.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd May 2009 at 2:47 AM
BTW, change lot zoning is getting an error that says Error in cheat, bad lot type.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd May 2009 at 2:56 AM
Ok, I changed lot zoning. Still not able to play your lovely lot. Sorry. its just unplayable. I think it is directly related to the fact that neither lot has no mailbox. does anyone know if the buyable mailbox helps?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:38 AM
Ok, Got the buyable mailbox and trashcan, deleted the phonebooth and community lot trash can and put in some sims and the lot works just fine. Also NONE of the chairs you put infront of the pcs *if you did this at all* show up. Are they from the Happy holiday's stuff if so thats probabaly why, i don't have it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd May 2009 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkLolita
Ok, Got the buyable mailbox and trashcan, deleted the phonebooth and community lot trash can and put in some sims and the lot works just fine. Also NONE of the chairs you put infront of the pcs *if you did this at all* show up. Are they from the Happy holiday's stuff if so thats probabaly why, i don't have it.

Hi DarkLolita,

First of all, thanks for downloading! I understand that both dormlots are giving trouble to play with it. Maybe, indeed I didn't make the lots on residential lots while that was nessesary, but I can't remember if I did! Sorry for that. I do hope that your explaination here really works for other players. Can you please let me know if it really works, how you did it, so I can mention it into the thread.

Thx for understanding!
Best regards

Quote:

Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:56 PM
Hey, umm, I was just wondering...

does it really need BV, FreeTime, and the stuff packs? Or are they only there because you have them installed? Because I'm kinda new to browsing the site again, and I really dont want to go out and spend 100 bucks to get every expansion and stuff pack on the market (I have one or two stuff packs and every exp except BonVoyage and FreeTime).

On another note, these mods look GREAT.

Cheers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:31 PM
Hi Chaos,

The answer is YES! You need the other EP's too, not just because of the stuff you've get, but some EP's save the game different.

If you download and install it anyway, your game might crash!

Quote:

Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:10 PM
*Sigh* Oh, lovely.

I'll need to get to work on that though.

You need the stuff packs though?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaos303030
*Sigh* Oh, lovely.

I'll need to get to work on that though.

You need the stuff packs though?

Hi Again,

I might be wrong, but I can remember that some of that EP's changed the way the game is saving. At least I thought that EP is M&G.

Quote:

Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:19 AM
Hmm. I thought only the Expansion Packs changed saves, not Stuff Packs. Ohwell. I'll look into that.

Regardless, my friend has decided to sell me his collection of sim games for a ridiculous budget price! Woo! I look forward to enjoying your beautiful dorms. Keep up the good work.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:23 AM
Very Good. Working out the kink with the residential thing as we speak. A minor annoyance, but your work on this is truly GORGEOUS. Bravo.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:01 AM
This is a very pretty lot, but as others mentioned, I find it hard to play. I'll put it up and try to move a couple Sims in, but even though it says, "Loading Schitzel Fam" (or whatever they call the college groups, I don't pay attention) with the little family "deciption", when it loads, I'm always in "Buy Mode".

ALSO, I have all these EPs installed, so I don't know why it does that.
Inventor
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:25 AM
Very nice. Thx a lot.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 4:11 PM
Hi,I'm having the same issue with this lot. And i've already tried everything a couple of times. Maybe you could reload it?
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 4:54 PM
I would have loved to play on that lot, it looks great! It's a real pity it isn't playable.
Or where do I get that buyable mailbox?
Page 1 of 2