Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lean Bodybuilder Version 2.0 Maxis Skintones

by crayonsarefun Posted 28th Mar 2009 at 7:59 PM - Updated 29th Mar 2009 at 4:43 AM by crayonsarefun : update text

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:14 AM
I hadn't realized this body shape existed! It's actually nice! Most of the bodybuilder meshes are too outlandish or frightening. And this is a nice little thing you've made. The only thing that bothers me is that it still has those toe lines from the Maxis skin, which map weirdly to the feet. It would be better if those were gone, but it's only really noticeable zoomed in.

Also, something that links to your default replacements? Now that would be awesome. You'd still get foot lines in a lot of cases, but it'd still be awesome.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lullabee
I hadn't realized this body shape existed! It's actually nice! Most of the bodybuilder meshes are too outlandish or frightening. And this is a nice little thing you've made. The only thing that bothers me is that it still has those toe lines from the Maxis skin, which map weirdly to the feet. It would be better if those were gone, but it's only really noticeable zoomed in.

Also, something that links to your default replacements? Now that would be awesome. You'd still get foot lines in a lot of cases, but it'd still be awesome.

Oops! I completely forgot about those feet lines. Well, I suppose I could update those, but given I'm still a newbie to the fancier image editors it may take a while. And the problem with that is that I would need to resort to continuing to use separate textures, resulting in bloated file sizes. As soon as I finish testing the directly-linked skintones, I'll include a Maxis-block feet linked version, since the meshes for those are available.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 7:42 AM
This tutorial of mine shows how to make clothing pull default textures. If you read through the second half it should help you out. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=300954
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:20 PM
If you want some great feet meshes to use. Bloom at Insimenator.org has better ones. The Sexy Feet he made are absolutely beautiful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 8:30 PM Last edited by crayonsarefun : 29th Mar 2009 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This tutorial of mine shows how to make clothing pull default textures. If you read through the second half it should help you out. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=300954

Hi Phaenoh, that was the tutorial I was using to make the default-texture linked packages. Unfortunately, the naming scheme for the skin textures weren't as predictable as they were for clothing, but I did manage to find all of them. I just have to make sure that they work in game with all ages, and then I have to do that for the four default skins. I should have some time later this week to get to it.

On a side note, do you know of any fast way to duplicate a skintone package so it has a different GUID? I did that before, but I cannot remember what did that.
EDIT: I just tried BodyShop - BUT it seems to not be able to export textures from a file linked to the original texture.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 3:20 AM
Whats the point if it only shows up when they are nude? Thanks anyway though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alicia7tommy
Whats the point if it only shows up when they are nude? Thanks anyway though

Hi! Well, basically, the point of these is to make sure sims don't revert back to a Maxis bodyshape when they are nude. If you had, for example, a Young Adult sim was wearing, say, bodybuilder clothes, he would look like a regular sim whenever he streaked or took a shower.
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 6:42 PM
Crayonsarefun, this is awesome!! I'm so glad someone did this. I'd been planning to but I just could never get the package working right. Things kept exploding in a spectacular fashion. Thanks so much!!
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:13 AM
Very nice! I was looking for something like this: bodybuilder, but a bit less extreme than the ones I already have. I'm looking forward to trying these out in the game. Variety is the spice of Sims2 indeed.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:50 AM
hey thank you so much!

i was wondering where we could get more clothes for this body type? the link you posted only has suits and athletic wear.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:25 PM
Fabulous, just what I need! Or well - if it pulled the replacement default skintones I use, then it would be exactly what I need ;-) But as I see you're already planning to do just that - I'm sooo looking forward to that :-) Please hurry :-))
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 10:16 AM
Default More Clothes for LBB bodytype
Quote: Originally posted by fortunesfool27
hey thank you so much!

i was wondering where we could get more clothes for this body type? the link you posted only has suits and athletic wear.

If you are looking for more outfits there is quite a collection at insimenator.org.
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 10:14 AM
is this an default replacement or ?

or does it show up in the Custom Skin thing ( i dont know the name :S )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 9:03 PM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 9:03 PM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 9:03 PM
gracias