Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Vampire Idle Animations

by poifectly_poiple Posted 19th Apr 2009 at 9:46 PM

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 10:21 PM
thank you, thank you, thank you! I love playing with vampire sims, but I always get irritated by those idle animations.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 10:48 PM
Now that it has seen the light of day, does it burn?
jk Thanks a lot, I was annoyed, too!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Banned
#4 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:13 PM
I kind of like the way vampires do that. But to each his own I guess.
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:24 PM
I think is a wonderful choice - I get tired fast of the motions etc they do. Even vampires in the movies don't do that constantly.
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:26 PM
I can see how this would be invaluable to machinima makers.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:37 PM
I don't like those idle animations-they're very annoying and stupid to boot. Thanks for cleaning it up! Now maybe I can play a vampire without turning it into a human just to make them playable.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 1:21 AM
bleh.... BLEH!!!!

I kind like the vampire animations, but this is a clever idea.

meow
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:27 AM
There's only been one playable vampire in our game so far, and I think she got turned back because of her kids or her job or something that my sister decided she prefered having her normal. I probably will get some vampires eventually and when I do I may very well want this.

I enjoyed your little story about how this came about. That was cute, though I bet it had you frustrated at the time.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 6:12 PM
I have a story of my own to tell.
Once upon a time there was an exited girl named Peduncledunk, for that is what I was called back then, which just got The Sims 2 Deluxe.
It happened that that one little girl read some books about vampires, which changed her view completely.
So she sought out on MTS2, under the username of Peduncledunk, and perfected her vampires. Yet the cheesy, unrealistic animations remained to this day.

Now, this day of 20 April, 2009, Peduncledunk, now more grown up and unther the MTS2 username of Needfyre, discovered this wonderful mod and it sparked fond memories of the young, perfectionist, vampire-loving Peduncledunk and... let's just say that half the population of Vampire Mountain (one of my old custom neighbourhoods) is happy that I play with them more and I am happy that they don't get cheesy.
!

You're the best!
Peduncledunk aka. Needfyre

Best to be wierd, never be shocked,
Break rules whenever you can't be caught,
Please don't be boring, routines go trough not,
Who cares what you do? Who cares what you say?
That's the altitude, don't be normal... Yay!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 6:36 PM
cool! this was really damn annoying! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 9:20 PM
Oh My GOD, THANK YOU! I have been waiting for this for so long. Thank you for making my game much more enjoyable.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Not just pretty words." -Addams Family
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 9:41 PM Last edited by DOHC46 : 20th Apr 2009 at 9:42 PM. Reason: Spelling!
Thank you for sharing this mod! I love the vampires, but the goofy B-Movie idle animations drove me batty! (Pun intended.)

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 11:51 PM
THANK GOD!!! someone has finally come to their senses to make this! I am forever in your debt :lovestruc

LOTS of bunnies for you

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 9:34 AM
YES!! Ah, thank you so much! I really hope this also applies to the constant blehhing they do while in the middle of something, but either way I'm so grabbing this Thank you!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 9:03 PM
Thanks you a lot ! These animations was boring !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
I really hope this also applies to the constant blehhing they do while in the middle of something

They bleh when they do stuff? It must fix it, then, since I was unaware they did it in the first place. I haven't actually taken this out of my game since that one day in 2005, so I don't really remember how vampires are "supposed" to act.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 11:49 AM
Yeah, they can be sitting at the computer or walking somewhere and they'll make that stupid noise, not even accompanying the animation, just a random BLEH! every few seconds ¬_¬

And yes, after using this for a bit I've noticed that's stopped - thank you so much, you've saved my sanity :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#19 Old 4th May 2009 at 12:45 AM
Will this interfere with LycosV's Werewolf Walk & Run mod (available here on MTS2)?

And, how exactly does this mod affect the vampires? When they idle, they hiss occasionally. And when they walk, the vampire visitors put their arms up to their faces and leave.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th May 2009 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Will this interfere with LycosV's Werewolf Walk & Run mod (available here on MTS2)?

And, how exactly does this mod affect the vampires? When they idle, they hiss occasionally. And when they walk, the vampire visitors put their arms up to their faces and leave.

Nope, no conflict with that mod.

As for the second part, I don't know what you mean exactly. This mod gets rid of the vampire idle animations. That means they act like a normal sim while idle instead of doing some strange B-movie-like animation. They still hiss at the sun at dawn and occasionally walk with their arms in front of their faces. I don't really know what else can be said about this mod.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#21 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:28 AM
Thanks for the reply. That's all I need to know!
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:10 PM
Thanks you SOOOOO much! I love the vampire sims but those little animations get annoying when you're trying to get them to do anything serious.

Could you please publish a mod for good witch/evil witch animations? Those are even worse. xD
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:47 PM
Yaay!
Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:23 AM
I just want to kiss you, I've been hoping for something like this since I got Nightlife (in 2005). Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:51 PM
Now I actually want to play vampire!sims! XD Honestly, I couldn't stand the Counts or Countessas because of these animations. Coupled with a new shiny vampire default skin I'll have perfect vampires (and some Anne Rice vamps to seriously lay the law down some other vamps I despise. >:3)
Page 1 of 3