Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Loca-innocent face,but crazy girl

by > Miss Jeal < Posted 16th May 2009 at 10:47 PM - Updated 21st May 2009 at 9:17 PM by > Miss Jeal <

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th May 2009 at 12:42 AM
Very cute girl and I love the you presentation, thanks! x
Instructor
#3 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:57 AM Last edited by slar : 18th May 2009 at 3:30 AM.
Half American, half Mexican? What!? She looks like a cracker. (That's a white person. I am one, so I can insult myself). Although this is sim world, she must've used loads of body duct-tape to keep her boobs from falling out of her bikini top as well as her dress. Plus there's no way that her bikini bottom can be that low without more duct tape and several minutes of painful waxing. Moving on, making her loud and a "loca" is conforming to offensive Mexican sterotypes. Plus the interview was tacky and painful, not only because the questions were clishe, but it reinforced Mexican sterotypes yet again.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th May 2009 at 2:57 AM
She has a feisty look in her eyes! ;P
I love her, she's so cute! ^o^ And wonderful job with the magazine graphics to introduce her. That was clever. =D

)+>
Smile, because you're better than you think. ;)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:07 AM
Mexican and American? How can she possibly be a native of both countries? She looks like an average bottle blond Caucasian, but I fail to see any hispanic ethnicity to your sim. Creating a sim from the face one template and barely tweaking it doesn't give you a wide range of ethnic diversity to work with.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:15 AM
Creating sims of different nationalities is always a bit risky.
People can get touchy about stuff like this, especially if the nationality is not executed well. I fail to see the Mexican in her as well.

However I do like the magazine layout sort of thing you did there, it's very pretty
Forum Resident
#7 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:27 AM
Half Mexican? This is your full on stereotypical blond-haired, blue-eyed, face 1 girl. If you're going to refer to her as being half of a certain nationality, you have to do better to make her look like she's of mixed nationalities. Hispanics can be just as beautiful as Caucasians, but what you're portraying here is simply the white ideal of a beautiful girl. And a style that's not common or very in fashion? Er, that's not the impression I'm getting from what she's wearing. She's pretty, sure, but it definitely doesn't mesh with everything you're saying that she is -- and I'm not seeing much effort in facial sculpting either, since I'm getting a very Barbie vibe. I'd spend less time making pretty pictures and more time on creating a sim with a more unique look. :3
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th May 2009 at 4:06 AM
She is a pretty Sim, and in a less rude manner I agree with the above posters. In addition, I find naming her "Loca" a little offensive.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th May 2009 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slar
Half American, half Mexican? What!?

Thats what I thought. I am mexican, and I don't see any mexicans looking this... white.
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th May 2009 at 4:42 AM
I cannot disagree more with these other posters. I am Dominican and so is the rest of my family, with grandparents from Spain, and although my brother and I came out dark, my cousins do not look very different from "loca", same blond hair and blue eyes. I think the people posting on this thread are being stereotypical and you just do what you do how you want to.. My son is half Dominican and half Italian and has really light skin and blue eyes, and his brother (also from me n italian hubby) is dark skinned and brown eyed. Kudos to you for putting up a sim others can download, let them go and make their "typical" latinos how they want to....
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:06 AM
I agree with the above posters, mexican people (I'm one) have some unique facial features and sorry dear they aren't in face template 1, next time do some research before doing a different nationalities sim
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:39 AM
Lovely, thank you
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th May 2009 at 10:30 AM
If you'd said this sim was supposed to be, oh, Swedish or Finnish, I could've rolled with it. She looks plausibly like either. Half-Mexican? Not so much. I realize there are people with lots of Spanish ancestry in Mexico who are rather fair, but they are far from the majority or representative of the average, everyday person one can see on the street.

Even if you'd just shifted your sim's colouring toward the darker--tea-with-milk skin, brown eyes, brown hair--you would have been much, much closer to the mark (she would have resembled my half-Mexican sister) and avoided most of this criticism.

Except for naming her Loca. I'm sure you're perfectly aware of what it means, so now you need to go a step further and familiarize yourself with stereotypes attached to Latin women and avoid falling into them the next time you make a publicly shared sim.

Finally, keep in mind that 'half-American' is a ridiculous, meaningless term. American is a citizenship, not a heritage. People in the United States have a wide range and blend of heritages--Navajo, Hopi, British, Scandinavian, Slavic, Mediterranean, Chinese, Indian, African, et cetera and so on--and so come in a wide range of facial features and colours. American does NOT equal 'Barbie White'.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:00 PM
WOW! Her eyes are really stunning! THANKS She's very unique

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th May 2009 at 1:07 PM
That has to be the best and most creative presentation I have ever seen (The Sim is good too...), well done, downloading now!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th May 2009 at 2:38 PM
wow she talks spanish :D
Zombie Socks
#17 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:05 PM
Your pictures are amazing, and you obviously did a very good job making the content, but I must agree that I find this upload offensive. Using spanish words =/= Mexican. I also found the interview to be rather... immature. She doesn't appear to be loca so much as slightly dim-witted. The sims and content were well-made, but the entire upload comes off as immature and offensive to those of mixed backgrounds.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#18 Old 17th May 2009 at 10:39 PM
rmvv, downloads are working fine and coming up in ~5-10 seconds. Stop complaining about something that isn't a problem.

Everybody else: I realise that the creators "vision" for this sim might not match peoples expectations, and I can understand why the comments are here, but remember to keep any comments about the upload itself, and try and keep any tempers in check. Thank you in advance.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th May 2009 at 12:19 AM
There is a link for a needed mesh to Justsims2 but which mesh? There are tons of meshes on that page and I don't feel like downloading all the dress meshes. There is also a link to a thread with Helga sims hair but there are many downloads in that thread so which hair do I need? That's my only complaint. Make up whatever back story you want I just want to know exactly what I have to download for it to show up properly.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th May 2009 at 4:50 AM
she's very cute, but i can't see where the mexican part comes in.
:B
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th May 2009 at 6:13 AM
While she may not look like most Hispanics, I have seen plenty with blonde hair and blue eyes, with bright red hair, and even with skin darker than me, and I'm black. You can't always tell if someone is Mexican or half Mexican just by looking at them. I worked with someone who I initially thought was Caucasian because she had blonde hair and blue eyes. Turns out, her father was Mexican, and her mother was Caucasian. As for the "interview", it did seem rather foolish and totally unnecessary. And the nick "Loca" is so played out. The sim isn't ugly, but she doesn't look very original or unique.

forever and ever....amen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th May 2009 at 7:59 AM
I`m so sorry if someone is offended by this post.
I actually didn`t planned to make her half-Mexican,but I made the interview and then it all turned out to be like she`s half-Mexican.I mean she speaks Spanish...I`m really sorry about this problem.I can`t change everything now (you now...the pics...and other) but if you don`t like her then don`t download her. I`m really sorry once again if someone found this post offending to their nationality.
And about the name...Her name is not Loca actually.It`s just her artistic name (because she`s a singer) and you could see that in the intreview. So I hope that we cleared that up.
As I said you don`t have to download her if you don`t like her nor you have to MAKE her be a half-Mexican in the game...I just gave you the face and the story,so you can make her whatever you want. (:

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE COMMENTS.
I really appreciate them and I promise to be more wiser next time...I won`t make the interview first and then the Sim...lol...
Once again...SORRY!I really am very sorry about this problem I caused.Hope you`ll forgive me and like her just because of her beauty not ethnicity.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th May 2009 at 8:17 AM
I think that you did an amazing job with her, hun!She looks gorgeous!And the eyes, those eyes are AMAZING!I myself did the dress and bikini for her and I can tell that it was all done with a lot of dedication.The content you made is absolutely amazing and I can´t disagree more with those comments above!!!You people should think more before posting a comment.She just said that in the interview.You don´t have to name her Loca or make her a Mexican in game if you don´t like that.She can be whatever you wish!And once again AMAZINg job with everything and don´t be dissapointed with her at all, she´s amazing.The best girl ever made!
P.S The bikini mesh is Mesh 020 by NataliS and the dress mesh is by me.Hair is third page 8th down on this site
http://www.reflexsimsforum.com/show...?t=21665&page=3 .
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th May 2009 at 8:22 AM
And btw to all those people complaining about the dress and bikini which are made by me:"If you have a problem with that send a PM to me and I´ll be glad to answer all your questions!Those things are not made by > Miss Jeal < and you cannot offend her for that!"
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th May 2009 at 11:03 AM
Pretty sim. All I gotta say is...Christina Aguilera....Shakira...a portion of spanish television. Hair dye! Contacts! It happens. lol. Yeah the whole thing is sorta cliche...but I don't think it was intended to be offensive. Again, nice job. I'll be making mine into something else..but that's the great thing about the sims. You can make them anything you want to
Page 1 of 4