Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:57 AM
It should be release in October? Oh, I didn't known it! However, as I suggested to my boyfriend (who has said "Should I buy it for you???" he's SO sweet! :lovestruc ) just yesterday "No, honey, don't run... I can wait untill Xmas... So Maxis would have time to create a patch, fix errors, and modders could create almost all the animal in the world!"
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 3:01 PM
I couldn't wait til my birthday XD It was only 3 weeks and 1 day ago!

Or Christmas.
I know I'm getting Pets when it comes out; I'll be more excited than the first EP, which I made my Mum go out and buy while I was at school ;p

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 3:38 PM
If all goes well I intend to head to the store the day it comes out if I can. I'll have to pick up my daughter at daycare and then go but I'll do it lol

I placed an order with our phone company to have DSL installed so whenever they call me at work and tell me they're ready to do it I'll be really happy. Talk about downloading frenzy with no worry about it taking so long to download sim stuff I wish I already had it so I could download Pets movies to tide me over til the expansion comes out.
Instructor
#29 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 2:42 AM
My parents are suggesting that I wait till Christmas.. I reacted in a similiar way. I think I was able to talk my mom down to letting me play it, and in exchange I have to act really suprised when it shows up re-wrapped under my tree :D
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 10:59 AM
I have pre-ordered Pets, but I have had to wait at least three months for each game before this one. I was at uni, and I didn't have a computer good enough to play the sims there, so I had to wait for the holidays for each one (they were usually released at the very beginning of each term..).

This is the first one I will get straight away, and I'm really looking forward to it because I can pre-order it for once!! The excitement for me is not that it's pets, but for once I can get it straight away!

There is no way I could wait for Christmas now that I didn't have to!
#31 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsViceRuetoy
Getting The Sims 2 Pets on CHRISTMAS is not an option. My birthday is on October 22nd, 5 days after it comes out. My boyfriend is getting it for me as a present. I have to wait 5 days after the realease! Why must he be so cruel?

Wow that’s my bday too, my boyfriend has refused. I suggested it but he was like 'no that’s a rubbish present, I’ll get you shoes' to be honest that’s a hard choice for me :P

But I think I will wait until mid November to get it, simply because that way he will be away for holiday in SA and I will have the game all to myself with no social outings to spoil it. Also the hacks will have been sorted out by then.
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:41 PM
I'm waiting until Christmas-ish. I'm abroad and there's no games shop in my home town. The current plan is that my brother will by it for me at uni, and I'll pay him back. By then the inevitable patch will be out, someone will have worked out which hacks are compatible, and modders will have fixed the more serious annoyances.
Why couldn't maxis bring out EPs in July and December, instead of March and October? That way I could get them for birthdays and Christmas, and save myself 40 quid a year.

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984
Field Researcher
#33 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 10:21 AM
Mom says I should wait until Sinterklaas (5 Dec) but NO EFFIN WAI! If need be I will waste all my months money on it. My parents probably would not like that, but I hope they will ground me for it because hey enough sim time then :D
#34 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 2:40 AM
Well I was going to have to wait, but I begged for a loan from my parents and they love meh so much they just let me pre-order it without oweing them a dime! I love 'em
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jefrir
Why couldn't maxis bring out EPs in July and December, instead of March and October? That way I could get them for birthdays and Christmas, and save myself 40 quid a year.

Yeah, I've never understood that... seems like they'd get a lot more immediate sales that way... course, as addicting as the game is. (and my b-days in July, too, so it'd be perfect. heh)

I will likely be waiting for a while, anyway. I just got OfB, and haven't done a lot with it yet, so I'll get good with it (and 'bored' of it) before I spend the money on another expansion. Besides, if I get it when it comes out, I'll spend my whole vacation playing it instead of getting the things done that I need to.. like making a new desk, working on my painting, doing sculpture.

Yeah, we'll see how long I really last. :laugh:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Besides, if I get it when it comes out, I'll spend my whole vacation playing it instead of getting the things done that I need to.. like making a new desk, working on my painting, doing sculpture.

See, I really LIKE spending my vacations playing the Sims; I like to tell the rest of the stuff in my schedule to take a flying leap. :D

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#37 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annique
Mom says I should wait until Sinterklaas (5 Dec) but NO EFFIN WAI! If need be I will waste all my months money on it. My parents probably would not like that, but I hope they will ground me for it because hey enough sim time then :D

hahah lol...course if i was the parent id know better and no groundeing insted no computer ...muuhahahah lol =p

anywho back to the point i wouldnt like to wait either ...i do find it silly that the do october november i could understand..so people have time to buy it before christmas but its not liek everyone celebrates xmas anyways so somewhere in maxis building there is i bet a piece of paper saying "why we shoudl release eps in march and october insted of....."

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#38 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 10:56 PM
There is NO WAY ON EARTH I could wait till Christmas, I'm so excited about it now I can hardly wait until next Tuesday (><).
#39 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:01 PM
My birthday is on October 31..yay! I know what I'm asking for. ;]
#40 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 1:44 PM
I just can't wait ONE DAY for it, I'll be skipping school to wait outside the shop to buy it. Ok, maybe not but almost. When OFB came out I thought they wouldn't have it in the icelandic stores until maybe a couple of weeks after it came out in Europe (icelanders are sometimes a bit slow) so I was surprised when I saw it in the window only 3 days after it was officially released everywhere else. I felt like these 3 days were a complete waste lol, since I wasn't playing OFB and I could've been! :D
Theorist
#41 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 2:17 PM
I got Sims 2 (original) in Dec. 04 (it came out SEPT 04 here), the UNI one straight away (had a discount), Nightlife for Christmas last year, Open for Business when it came out (paid full for that), and I had a discount for Pets so I preordered.

Basically PRICE makes a big difference whether I get it now, or for a holiday.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#42 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 2:20 PM
Yeah! I'm not gonna wait!!!!! The sims 2 is like a drug! It's addicting! Once you get a new ep, you become more addicted!!!!! lol On Thursday the 19th, i'm gonna get my hands on a copy from the Wal-Mart!!
#43 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 2:44 PM
I'm going to call Wal-Mart here soon and ask what day they are going to have Pets available to buy. Then I'm going to make sure I go pick up my daughter and haul butt to the store that evening to get it. My 3 year old will enjoy watching the dogs and cats as much as I'll enjoy playing with them I think lol
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 2:54 PM
Wait until Christmas???

LOL my husband asked me if I was going to wait to get it...because I have to drive 40 min to the next city to get mine, and I go past the store when I go for classes.

H*LL NO!

I'm gonna be at that store the second it opens on Opening Day
#45 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 4:32 AM
Ever since Uni came out I've been there one day 1 to buy the expansion pack... I always think "It sucks, I'm going to wait" but then I come on these forums and read about it and then I'm the first person at Best Buy waiting to buy it (><).
#46 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 4:53 AM
I'm getting it as a late birthday preasant :D
I'll propbably get it the day it comes out.
I did that with Glamour Stuff too!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kismetrose
See, I really LIKE spending my vacations playing the Sims; I like to tell the rest of the stuff in my schedule to take a flying leap. :D

I actually play it after work quite a bit.. helps to have a hubby that loves that I game as much as he does, so he doesn't get bothered by me.

Also helps that we don't have kids that wanna play on the computer, too (the fuzzy ones just want loving, and that's easy while I'm playing if I want. heh).

Sitll haven't decided. I think I'll just see what everyone has to say, and go from there... still have to play with OfB more... don't even have a business yet!
Page 2 of 2