Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 2:57 PM
Default Bella Goth!
Bella Bella Bella!!

Bella Goth!

The real Bella! The fake Bella! Everything Bella!

This is the ONE Bella thread allowed here. All others will be abducted by aliens and probed.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 6:03 AM
Pleasantview Bella is real, Strangetown Bella is fake, one of the ways to get her back is summon her, kill her, then ressurect her. Never move her in and then save the lot, she'll be a ghost when you come back and then 'OMG OH NO HELP!1!!' no more bella. Never waste your time trying to find out the big 'mystery' about Bella, it's not worth it, nothing special is going to happen if you reunite Bella with Mortimer.
That's all I have to say.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 6:09 AM
Bella Goth is very pretty and, if extracted with SimPE and put into CAS, creates nice babies. That's the news from this simmer...

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 9:26 AM
Here is the final proof which is the real Bella:

Pleasantview - as SimGameFan said:

Strangetown - the fake Bella:

I know many players who moved the Goth Family to Strangetown, only to unite which can't be united for real.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 9:39 AM
yeah I got bella back in Pleasentview like a couple of months after I got the game and re-united with her family it was so cute when she appeared and little Alexander came running to her and hugged her.^_^
The others just waved and said "granatsoow" lol.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 8:39 PM
I was really disappointed when I reunited Bella with her family. First because I reunited the fake Bella and then because it was so...not special. Anticlimactic, if you will. I was expecting something. I wasn't sure what, but definitely SOMETHING.

And I got nothing. It was all very blah and not worth the trouble or time.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 2:05 AM
MissLynn22, may I suggest you to download from the BBS (exchange) the Sims 1 Goth family? Choose the one in which Bella is pregnant. They both have family aspiration (not as the romance Bella in TS2), and are very pretty sims. I play them now, and it's real pleasure. Search "families"/"Goth".

#8 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 6:11 AM
I've never actually wanted to reunite Bella with Mortimer. I love him with his gold digger trophy wife Dina Caliente. I now know for sure that Maxis made the Strangetown Bella because they wanted people to think that she was the real Bella. She was meant to be the "real" Bella even if she doesn't look much like Pleasantview Bella. Maxis may think that we aren't that smart to find out.
If you go into Mortimer, Cassandra or Alex' memories you will see that Bella Goth was abducted by aliens. Maxis intended to make us simmers think that Bella was abducted and then thrown out of the UFO and into Strangetown (where all the alien/scifi things are). There are some things that don't fit in with the abduction things.
Bella was last time seen on Don Lothario's balcony where she was gazing the stars.... with a small telescope.....
Maxis may just have taken the picture without thinking much about what's logical.....

As for Bella's looks.... I don't think she looks any special. She's okay but she's so template. I like Cassandra's looks much more. She's more unique.
And Strangetown Bella and Brandi Broke could have been twins..............
Strangetown Bella is definitely the first template.

But one thing is weird..... Why did Maxis make a new Bella for Strangetown?
Why didn't they just clone the Pleasantview file?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 6:03 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that they created two Bellas because they thought it would be fun to see people on the BBS first freaking out about Bella being gone and then freaking out about which Bella was the "real" Bella.
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLynn22
I'm going to go ahead and say that they created two Bellas because they thought it would be fun to see people on the BBS first freaking out about Bella being gone and then freaking out about which Bella was the "real" Bella.

That's probably the reason. Bella was abducted by aliens if you look into Morty's memory. Maybe they intended the Strangetown Bella to be the real Bella or maybe they just intended her to be an attention seeking Bella lookalike?
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 11:09 PM
I think the most likely explanation is that Maxis had no idea how much Bella-mania would follow the release of the game, and a lot of what people are ascribing to conspiracy theories can actually be more accurately explained by lack of anticipation of interest, and sloppy work.
#12 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akatonbo
I think the most likely explanation is that Maxis had no idea how much Bella-mania would follow the release of the game, and a lot of what people are ascribing to conspiracy theories can actually be more accurately explained by lack of anticipation of interest, and sloppy work.

You go that right akatonbo. The other Bella is pretty much just a shell of the 'real' one like it shows in gali's post under Strangetown: Fake Bella. And it makes no sense that the Strangetown Bella is the Pleasantview Bella after she got abducted and thrown into the wrong neighborhood. In the picture she's looking through the small telescope just like oceanborn said. Maxis probably didn't anticipate us sim fans to create such a fuss...and that we'd be totally smart!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 4:05 PM
What is BBS?

"No, college is for women who don't want to marry the first idiot they meet and squeeze out his bastard, moron children." Laura Prepon from That's 70's Show
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 8:26 PM
how do you find the Pleasantview bella if the strangetown bella is fake :S
#15 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 7:28 PM
I brought Bella back using boolProp... there was an option on the Tombstone of L&D I think that said, Add neighbor to family, and I chose Bella Goth. Except I realised that Mortimer had remarried to Dina, Cassandra had a husband and a son, and Alexander was almost an adult, so I decided that I didn't really need Bella after all, so I killed her. Except later I wanted her back so I made Cassandra wear Bella's old clothes and changed her hair and makeup and everything to look EXACTLY like her, hahaha.
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 2:08 AM
I have given the purpose-less Strangetown Bella (who used to be just a walk around doll) a purpose. She will be General Buzz' new wife. She is his colleague and I guess he will bring her home from work soon. I guess they will have a kid or two together.
My computer is in for repair and I hope they won't delete everything on my computer..........

But anyway..... The Strangetown I played when I ordered in the computer was only some days old. It's worse with my story sims (I'll need to make them anew).

It's fun to read about the Bella mania but I hope (when TS 3 is released) that there will be a new mania. Maybe a new person (like for example Pascal Curious or Nervous Subject) will be the mania. Maybe they will be abducted and thrown into Pleasantview or Veronaville???
I have nothing against the Pleasantview characters but I wish maxis could have made more manias and focused as much on the three other hoods.......
#17 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:40 PM
I love Bella. [:

After looking on SimPE I've realised that the "real" Bella Goth was actually the first sim maxis created as her character number is N001_00001.

So I have a theory they were gonna make her just your everyday normal sim and keep her married to Mortimer and make them live happily ever after and what not, but later onwards thought of a twist when they were making the sim's memorys.

Or they had the plan from the beginning.

Either way they obviously made two to mess with people's heads.

I can't be bothered to bring her back tbh, I just let Mortimer marry Dina and their both very happy living with Alexander and their beautiful daughter Molly. [:
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:14 PM
So, I took all the Pleasantview and Strangetown people out and plopped them randomly in custom neighborhoods because I don't like the standard ones. I was using the new plasticbox neighborhood and went to impregnate an alien sim using the insiminator. Going through all the Sims in the neighborhood, I saw two Bella Goths listed! I couldn't tell which one was the "real" one though, so I didn't use her genetic material for my alien birth. I'd just read this thread though, so I knew why there were two of them in there.
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 10:08 PM
About the Bella in Strangetown, the first time I played it and moved Ajay Loner in, Bella visited him with the neighborhood welcoming. I thought, "lucky me". Well, I just re-started Strangetown and moved Ajay in again, and Bella came a visited him again.
Is it just a coincidance?
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 5:00 PM
Default Non-SimPE Real Bella
I was told somewhere that if I dont want to use SimPE to get back 'Real' Bella the only way to do it is to have Don Lothario use the Gypsie Match-Maker to 'buy' a date, and after doing so enough times, he will eventually get Bella (the real one) as one of his dates, at which point he must kill her, then resurect her (since the only way to destroy her "I'm Dead" memory is to truely kill her), then she will become a perment member of his household, and thus the neighbourhood, allowing her to move back in with any family in Pleasantview, including Morty.

Is this correct? Or is there any onther NON SimPE way to get real Bella back? Any hack/object or some such?

You see, I have tried the dating thing, and old Dons luck just aint in, he gets all sorts of dates, people from Uni, waitress' from downt town, neighbours etc etc, but not once has he even gotten some one that is even similar to Bella Goth (no raven haired honeys), so I am hoping to find another way, but not SimPE (A: I cant work it out. B: It just feels too much like cheating, I draw my line at SimPE).

Also, is there any way to bring other dead-from-installation-of-game Sims back, like Darlene Dreamer or Michael Bachelor?

...yeah so the hit me like a ton of bricks..... cos it was a ton bricks, it bloody hurt... stay away from condemnd buildings.....
#21 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 5:19 PM
is there a link what tells us how to put real bella back into game using sim PE
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 5:29 AM
I think Maxis getting rid of Bella was a last minute thing, since I remember before TS2 came out there were no mention of her being absent (plus I also think they said Cassandra was a teenager so they must've scrapped their original plans).

I never really know what to do with her when I spawn her back. It's kind of fun making her gatecrash Mortimer and Dina's wedding, but the fact she seems even YOUNGER than she was during the original Sims (25 years ago?) freaks me out a little. >_>
Theorist
#23 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 5:37 AM
Awww, I have a nicely Gothy Mortimer, Bella, Cassandra and Alex in my game. The Alexander that came with the game disturbed me so I exported everyone and when I made the family in CAS I created a genetic Alexander (I was lazy and didn't add all the Goth family members I exported--maybe later, just Gunther, Cornelia, Mortimer, Bella, Cassandra and Michael Bachelor, since he's Bella's brother--in my game he's married to Dina and they're absolutely NUTS for each other). I put almost all of the Pleasantview Sims for download at our website. Syera also has a Bella Goth rumor page there (I think it was the first TS2 content ever on our site).
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 5:57 AM
I've never bothered with the whole real/ fake Bella thing. I like my Bella evil. If you care to read about the evil Bella's adventures you can check out my current story here at S2C or read the whole shebang here at Diaryland.
Instructor
#25 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MysteryCookie
how do you find the Pleasantview bella if the strangetown bella is fake :S

I would LOVE to know that too. Never played the pre-made Sim towns until reading this thread, and the one about 'What did you do with your Pleasantview characters'. Since then I've been playing with no sightings of Bella at all. How does one locate her in Pleasantville? (Is she just roaming around and walks past houses??) Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Page 1 of 14