Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 35 (Who?), Viewed: 842 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:13 AM
Default Favorite Town in your Sims game?
Whats your favorite town? Mine is Strange-Town... bc I'm strange, lol I'm just kidding. No but really, I am strange.
Lol anyways, I just loved the whole aspect of Strange-Town, Like it just reminded me of Aliens. Idek why. It's just awesome.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:14 AM
Eleswhere by PlasticBox, it's a fantastic seaside town with sea views from just about every house. If we are talking came with the game then Strangtown is the only one I ever played for any length of time, I liked the aliens.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Eleswhere by PlasticBox, it's a fantastic seaside town with sea views from just about every house. If we are talking came with the game then Strangtown is the only one I ever played for any length of time, I liked the aliens.

Yes, Aliens are very cooooool
Where do you download Eleswhere? MTS?
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:53 AM
Paradiso de Manana. My own custom neighborhood. I've made many major revisions to it throughout the years though. I think I'm on the 26th major revision now, so the one I uploaded here to MTS is actually around revision number 11 I believe.

MBTI: Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

Sys Specs: AMD FX-6300 @ 4.1Ghz OC'd, nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti, 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3, 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM SATAII HDD, Windows 8.1 64-Bit OS
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 1:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenna1921
Yes, Aliens are very cooooool
Where do you download Eleswhere? MTS?

Yes it's here on MTS. http://modthesims.info/d/319898
It is a very tiny place with itty bitty houses but that gives the town a wonderfully real packed feeling. If you haven't got space saving cc like bunk beds, a cook top and a full mini fridge I advise you go get them. A couple of the lots have no roads so you can only ever walk to and from them. Also many of the houses you can't move as the terrain has been shaped.

here are a few pics from my game. I have changed things, but very very carefully and only in certain places.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Simonut : 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:17 AM.
This may seem strange but in all the years since 2006 that I have play the Sims, I have "never" ever play Strangetown. I was never interest in that hood or it's desert background, I went in there "once" and a male Sim was pregnant,
after seeing that I was out of there and never went back. I guess that why it's called Strangetown with all that strangeness . By far my favorite neighborhood is my Pleasantview and then my own Custom hood name Shanghai.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:39 AM
I absolutely adore every aspect of Pleasantview. Something about it just seeps nostalgia for me, and the plot spinning around each and every family member is just captivating for me. I've built up a lot in the neighbourhood, and made it my own. Other than that, I've always been a big fan of West Weasels by Phaenoh. Although it is uninhabited, there is something just so cozy and quaint with this little village! Each of the lots are unique, and charming to each their own!

Check out my creations
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:44 AM
I don't play the premade hoods much anymore, but I am playing 2 main hoods at the moment:

Liberty Village: A small town in the middle of the desert. It's the custom hood where my legacy family lives.

Acorn Bend: Found @ http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=370370, this is the 'hood where I remade the extracted premades and put them in. It's my current favorite hood. It's kind of a Maxis AU; it's like a megahood but no townies and only the families I actually want (NO OTTOMAI, HECK NO.)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:48 AM
I have had a million favorite towns in my game but I tend to get bored easily so I make a new town which becomes my favorite. Right now my favorite is Greyhaven, a custom town I made a couple days ago. It holds the largest household to ever exist in my game at 19 sims. Of course, as I said before, the title of favorite town is passed on often.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:53 AM
@Roseblosson90 how can you stand 19 sims at once? Playing the Ottomai (8 sims once the twins come) literally gives me sensory overload attacks (hence why they aren't in my megahood!) LOL

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:57 AM
@AmandieLove I never thought I could play that many at once but I just let them all breed and marry and it really is very fun. It can get overwhelming at times, especially when I am trying to get everybody to eat or go to bed, but otherwise it is extremely fun. It is great to see how grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and siblings all work together to raise children, run a household, etc.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
2nd Jul 2015 at 2:57 AM
This message has been deleted by mckenna1921.
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:23 AM
Wooooah Elsewhere is beautiful. It looks just like the welsh seaside town I live in.

I don't really have a favourite I don't think, I like them all. I guess I get really happy about playing the original 3 hoods in my super uber megahood - they're the favourite part of my rotation, I think I like Pleasantview slightly more than others, just because they have sims 1 characters in. Kinda always has that nostalgic childhood feel.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:37 AM
10ville. (Great name I know)
Favorite but not most cherished.
You thought Strangetown was weird? It's normal compared to 10ville.

It is the one where I test mods and manipulate the game to hood corruption point.

Examples below
Humans are grandparents of cats.
Extensive Alien breeding program.
Pirate Captain Edward is married.
Bartender Paradox household ( Sim's grandchild is thier grandparent also)
Witch cats have babies.
A graveyard that put Olive Specter to shame.
Werewolves who hate dogs and own a cat.

Strangetown seems normal now doesn't it?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:52 AM
Just don't fiddle with Universals like Grim or it will be your game install that goes explody.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims2Christain
10ville. (Great name I know)
Favorite but not most cherished.
You thought Strangetown was weird? It's normal compared to 10ville.

It is the one where I test mods and manipulate the game to hood corruption point.

Examples below
Humans are grandparents of cats.
Extensive Alien breeding program.
Pirate Captain Edward is married.
Bartender Paradox household ( Sim's grandchild is thier grandparent also)
Witch cats have babies.
A graveyard that put Olive Specter to shame.
Werewolves who hate dogs and own a cat.

Strangetown seems normal now doesn't it?

Very normal. How is a sim's grandkid their grandparent? I can't even.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:15 AM
My favorite Custom Hood would probably be Marka93's Old Town, or the HBG neighborhoods.
My favorite Premade town is either Strangetown or Pleasantview. I cant decide which. I love aspects from both of them. The Smith Family is my favorite, followed closely by Ms, Brandi Broke and her lovely sons, Dustin and Beau. I never just play one hood. I am always constantly playing between all the custom hoods in my game.
Scholar
#17 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:25 AM
Strangetown - the only one I really played extensively. I have not paid a lot of attention to Pleasantview, because the thing is a soapie. I quite like the Goths, though, and grew kind of fond of old Mortimer at one stage. Played more Pleasantview than Veronaville - well, I never found myself quite in the mood for Romeo and Juliet.

Custom hoods - I really like Riverside, and I have been playing it quite often. Even though there are a lot of Sims, they are kind of cute. So if it is to be measured by time spent on another hood than my own, Riverside wins hands down. However, Widespot is the most charming, and I still have a crush on Skye.Weiss - he is my kind of knowledge sim One day I am going to make my elder sim self and marry him.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Just don't fiddle with Universals like Grim or it will be your game install that goes explody.

I'm not that corruption creating crazy.

(That made me really worried about Spetrcal cats, reading they are cloned from the good witch cat Universal NPC. Then I realized so is _____ Bigfoot cloned from Bigfoot Bigfoot Universal NPC, and no one seems to have caused game corruption by fiddling with the playable bigfoot)

While 10ville is my favorite custom, I fancy Pleasantview the most of the 6 maxis neighborhoods (You all probably thought I'd say Strangetown didn't you?) because it feels like the most 'Normal' hood to me. I have to balance the crazy side of my play otherwise no sim of mine would be safe and 'normal'.
Theorist
#19 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:19 AM
Regular readers of my posts will know my answer to this one. It's Veronaville of course. Not straight-out-of-the-box Maxis Veronaville, which is a bit too dominated by the Capp-Monty feud, and certainly not Tarlia's Veronaville, which, due to the removal of the townies, has deprived the town of its most interesting inhabitants (the Summerdreams are the only un-bigoted Sims there), but my Veronaville. No, I'll correct that: our Veronaville, the community that my Sims and I have been building over the last two and a half years. I couldn't have done it without their help. We've taken it from a place that was a byword for criminal feuds, to a welcoming, tolerant, accepting community that Sims want to live in. A town whose inhabitants are proud to call themselves Veronavillians. Yes, there's still conflict and dissent there, but there are Sims in the community who try to resolve it. It's a place where Sims have the courage to believe that tomorrow can be better than today.

I'll play other 'hoods for a while but I keep coming back to Veronaville, my first love.

Why? Because it's where my friends live!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandieLove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXU-ZdmzNmo
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:57 AM
Belladonna Cove <3
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 1:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandieLove

Not sure if you know him, but I have a feeling this guy might be able to answer your question
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 1:52 PM Last edited by kasparlaks : 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Spoiler'd
My own personal town Arid Texarcana.
It's based on lots of Southwestern US towns, mostly Phoenix, Sedona and Scottsdale.
Town itself:

A typical house in the neighborhood:

I also have 30 families in the neighborhood (including downtown named 'Texarcana'). Nearly all of the houses are made by me.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparlaks

A typical house in the neighborhood:

Can I ask how you did the roofing? Is that CC?

-

If we are talking Maxis - Pleasantview has my heart, since I grew up playing with the Goths and I'm very fond of all who live there. Although Belladonna Cove is a recent contender, being a city-lover!

But since we are talking any favorite town: Cactus Flats. It's the first neighborhood that I created and really cared for - I built houses and community lots to suit their needs and environments, raised families there. It's almost a year old now and nothing has captured my imagination or interest for so long and turned out so well! It's my little southwest suburb.

Reticulating Ninja Splines
Field Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conversesneaker
Can I ask how you did the roofing? Is that CC?

-

If we are talking Maxis - Pleasantview has my heart, since I grew up playing with the Goths and I'm very fond of all who live there. Although Belladonna Cove is a recent contender, being a city-lover!

But since we are talking any favorite town: Cactus Flats. It's the first neighborhood that I created and really cared for - I built houses and community lots to suit their needs and environments, raised families there. It's almost a year old now and nothing has captured my imagination or interest for so long and turned out so well! It's my little southwest suburb.

The roofing is just the "stage" foundation with a normal roof on top.
The tiling on the 'foundation' is CC.

I really wish to somehow upload Arid Texarcana but it would take a long, long time getting all the pictures and writing stories. I don't have a lot of CC though. I keep it true to Maxis.
I also have houses that weren't built by me and uuh yeah. Not happening.
Every house in my town is numbered logically lol. Eg 4 Sedona Street, the next one is 6 Sedona Street, and the houses on the opposite side will have uneven numbers.
Page 1 of 2