Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Changes to our credits guidelines - posted on 12th Feb 2017 at 5:44 PM
Replies: 21 (Who?), Viewed: 927 times.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 1:15 AM
Default Just a question please
Hello everyone hope all is fine, I have a question if anyone is using this Sky Mod I would like to know when you select and place the mod do it work with Seasons EP ? When it come to the changing of Seasons weather condition, in the sky.
Like if it is raining or snowing or on a foggy day or in the time of Fall etc. I would not expect the Sky to continue to have "normal" Clouds in the sky if it is on a bad raining day. So just what happen in the sky with this mod with Seasons.
Here are the Sky link scroll down for the clouds that will be use.http://nimi4.livejournal.com/49332.html

Thanks for your replys

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:48 PM
I'm not entirely sure since Nimi's skies don't seem to work in my UC game. These work very nicely though
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 4:31 PM
You can use it with every EP, because it's just a decorative object. A dome with some a picture of a sky pasted on it and those clouds don't change. Like every object in the game, it is affected by the light and the dark, but it's not going to show gray rolling clouds during a storm or anything. If you choose a recolor of fluffy clouds in a bright blue sky, that color will remain that way rain, shine, or snowstorm.
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 4:31 PM
Yeah those can be placed in lots and have animated clouds at varying speeds and can be changed with the weather or time of day. Of course you have to manually do the changing yourself, but it does work very nicely. Also if you have the night sky fix, that still shows up through them at night

Eternally bored.
Simblr
My Self Sim
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#5 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:23 PM
It works with every ep it's just a deco object. The colour of the dome changes a bit, so if the day is grey and raining the blue dome gets darker. The stars show through as it's somewhat transparent.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 2:59 AM Last edited by Simonut : 31st Jan 2017 at 3:14 AM.
I wanted to try the Sky mod that the two members mention about in Post #2 and in Post # 4 I downloaded the Sky that can be placed of the "Lot" but for some reason it is no where to be found in my Buy mode
I have look and look and even look under where it is said to be found ( NOT There ) I don't know if it need a mesh or not, I downloaded all eight files in the package.
http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/151...-redux-redux-of

I don't know if I need a different EP for it to work my game goes up to Seasons only. The strange things is when I downloaded the sky for the Hood ( just to see if it will show up ) it is there in the neighborhood items. ( No problem there )
I have no ideas why the download for the Sky that can be placed on the home lot is not in my buy mode. it's no where to be found. Answers anyone ??

Needs Coffee
#7 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 3:54 AM
I use a hood globe, so that is under hood deco, one placed does the whole hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:00 AM
It is in Misc/Misc. It is a little hard to spot so I am uploading pictures with step by step to find it.

As you can see in the last picture, it's really pretty and the clouds move and you can change the speeds. Make them move faster when there's a thunderstorm!
Screenshots

Eternally bored.
Simblr
My Self Sim
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 7:35 AM
@ DezzyBoo Thank you for your time spend to send these pictures of where to find the Sky mod. Unfortunate I still do not have it at all no where in my buy mode.
I have been looking for hours into the night here where I live ( US ) I been looking so much that soon I will be ready for a Sims Mental Ward.

It is just not there, I notice that you have more EPs than I have my game stop at Seasons, not sure if that the reason, but I try the Sky for the Hood and it is there in neighborhood objects.
I don't want to removed all my CC objects and look for the sky lot, because that will reset my game. But anyway it is not there so I guess I will do without it and just use the game sky.
I thank you for trying to help me.

Needs Coffee
#10 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 8:02 AM
Have you tried the hood view globe?

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 9:05 AM Last edited by Simonut : 31st Jan 2017 at 10:51 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Have you tried the hood view globe?

Yes I did try the hood sky mod to me it a bit harder to place, since Seasons EP took away the stars and moon I been using this http://modthesims.info/d/393979 and http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...nt-day-sky.html
They both are by the same creators just a different name ( lol ) The Stars really look nice in the sky at night it's not a lot of stars but enough and it work with Seasons weather. Plus I really love the default Day time Sun in the sky it look so real it also work perfect with Season weather.

I just want to add some clouds here and there. I do have the Sky fix mod but to see Maxis original Stars and Moon I have to use my Tab key, which push you way upward no one can really play the game up in the sky. ( so that out )That why I have joninmobile Stars mod and his Default sun to add to my sky they both work well and look nice I do like Maxis Night sky but the Day sky I wish was more a bit bluer.

Oh Jo's I also been using this camera so far I really like it because the creator made it more playable for the game. ( but first I did save my original Maxis camera file )
Tom basically just added a bit more to the camera, but it's not over done when in CAS I can see the Sims from head to toes with Maxis camera I could not.

Plus what I like about this camera the neighborhood view is not like the end of the world where you can see the end off the landscape. All and all everything is there the distance the close up etc. I like it.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312294

Needs Coffee
#12 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 10:03 AM
It is slightly tricky to place, I doubt it could be placed without a camera mod. Mine is placed quite near the edge of the map. I use Jessa's camera, the stars at night and I use Nimi's sky globe, the one without a horizons.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#13 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonut
... since Seasons EP took away the stars and moon I been using this http://modthesims.info/d/393979 and http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...nt-day-sky.html
They both are by the same creators just a different name ( lol ) The Stars really look nice in the sky at night it's not a lot of stars but enough and it work with Seasons weather. Plus I really love the default Day time Sun in the sky it look so real it also work perfect with Season weather.

To get the original Maxis night sky back, use this mod by Nopke. It fixes most of what Seasons broke. You can see the sun, moon and stars again.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569032

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Prototype. Instructions for loading custom skins into Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:07 PM
@ joandsarah77 I did try Jessa's camera after you mention it in another post, I did not like it, or looking at the very edge of the landscape. but if it work for you and other that great.
I love listening to Jessa's voice she sound so pleasant, I did not know that she have Stars for the Sky I would love to check it out do you have the link ?

@ RoxEllen1965 yes I have Nopke Sky fix in my game, but as I explain in post # 11 still the only way to see Maxis original Stars and Moon I have to use the Tab key.
When you use the Tab your game go upward I don't think anyone can play there game up and away from the ground. Yes I see it is there the stars and Moon but it's of no use for me even with a camera mod I get the same results. Still can't see the Stars in a normal view, I love Seasons for it's weather I don't love it for taking away the night sky with Stars and Moon.

Needs Coffee
#15 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:11 PM
Her camera is very sensitive, it takes awhile to get use to. You don't have to stay looking at the edge you just scroll to where you want it, but on load up yes it may jump to an edge. I frequently find myself in the middle of a mountain since one edge of Coral bay is all mountains.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:16 PM
Jo's do you have her Stars for the Sky link I want to check out please.

Needs Coffee
#17 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:19 PM
The sky fix? RoxEllen linked to it. I thought you were already using it?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezzyBoo
It is in Misc/Misc. It is a little hard to spot so I am uploading pictures with step by step to find it.

As you can see in the last picture, it's really pretty and the clouds move and you can change the speeds. Make them move faster when there's a thunderstorm!

how can we change the speed?

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:35 PM
Jo's I miss read your post #12 when you mention about Stars I was thinking Jessa's have her own stars to download, Yes I have had the Sky Fix mod in my game since it was uploaded here.

Scholar
#20 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 12:22 AM
@amora_selvagen look at my post (#8) and look at the 4th picture. The bottom row has different kinds of clouds and varying speeds. One speed is so fast it looks like a tornado might come whipping through at any minute

Eternally bored.
Simblr
My Self Sim
Forum Resident
#21 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 2:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonut
@ RoxEllen1965 yes I have Nopke Sky fix in my game, but as I explain in post # 11 still the only way to see Maxis original Stars and Moon I have to use the Tab key.
When you use the Tab your game go upward I don't think anyone can play there game up and away from the ground. Yes I see it is there the stars and Moon but it's of no use for me even with a camera mod I get the same results. Still can't see the Stars in a normal view, I love Seasons for it's weather I don't love it for taking away the night sky with Stars and Moon.

Oh, sorry. I read your post, but must have not seen that part. Are you using a camera mod? Some of the Live Mode camera mods allow more degree of pitch so you can tilt up and see more sky without having to use the Tab key. I tried several before I found a Live Mode camera that I liked. Currently I'm using an updated version of Gunmod's Live Mode camera. I don't think this would work for you because it still requires Tab key to look up and see stars, etc.

I haven't tried this, but CaptFalcon007 has a camera mod that claims to be able to see the sky without Tab key. Be careful because it's very old (2006) and may not be compatible with later versions of the game. Be sure to back up whatever camera you're currently using in case this doesn't work right.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=196123

Tom Duhamel says his Live camera has adjusted pitch so it tilts up a bit farther. I don't remember whether I tried this one or not, but it's newer and should be compatible with more games.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312294

Sophie-David made a high-altitude mod of Tom Duhamel's cameras. I had this one in my game, but removed it because it defaulted to being zoomed all the way out - whenever I loaded a lot, the house would be a tiny speck in the distance. If I zoomed out all the way at night, there were white specks floating below me - it took me awhile to realize that I was looking down at the stars below me! Anyway, this is a good camera, just not right for the way I play my game.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499067

There may be other Live cameras that would work for what you want. There are a lot of them here on MTS and probably more on other sites that I'm not aware of. Try some and see if they help.

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Prototype. Instructions for loading custom skins into Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 3:37 AM
@ RoxEllen1965 Thanks you for your links of cameras, I do use Tom Duhamel camera have been for the past two month, and so far I really like it.
He adjusted the camera so it is not to the extreme but just right for game play, the distance and close up are good and in CAS I can see the Sims from head down to their feet.
With the regular Maxis Camera that was not possible, I also like when I enter the game I do not see the edge or end of the landscape. So far I really like Tom Duhamel camera here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=312294
As always when adding any new camera to your Sims game you should "always" make a copy or save the Maxis original camera.