Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 222 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:34 PM
Default Quick question about the in game clock
I noticed a while ago that my in-game clock never displays a time of X:00, it sticks on X:59 for twice the usual time and the skips straight to Y:01.

I didn't really think anything of it until I changed computers and reinstalled and had just the base game and (now up to nightlife) installed, and on this setup, with no CC other than the lotsynctimer and a default eye replacement, and fewer EPs, it displays the X:00 time

So just a random survey, does your in game clock display the X:00 or does it skip it? I'd be interested to see if this is EP related behaviour or related to a mod. (But don't care enough to do the hack dance!) The sims themselves don't pause, just the clock on the UI.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:14 PM
I recall a discussion about it being based on computer specs and processing (as a lot of things are done on the hour such as calculating relationship decay) and that lower-spec computers had trouble progressing to x:00 while doing the processing.

However, given that I have a mid-range computer and my game still skips, I don't know how much truth that is. I have all EPs, 3 SPs, and a ton of mods.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 3:35 PM
Yes, the clock skips from 59 to 00

My most recent is BV - and my clock has skipped since my days of Double Deluxe, so yes it is an EP thing.
Inventor
#4 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 4:21 PM
My clock jumps from X:59 to Y:01, though it's possible to force it to display exactly Y'o'clock by using the sethour cheat. It doesn't bother me at all, and it doesn't seem to affect anything other than the clock looking a bit weird. Hourly checks are still performed, Sims come and go at the correct time, etc.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k6ka
My clock jumps from X:59 to Y:01, though it's possible to force it to display exactly Y'o'clock by using the sethour cheat. It doesn't bother me at all, and it doesn't seem to affect anything other than the clock looking a bit weird. Hourly checks are still performed, Sims come and go at the correct time, etc.

The reason why this happens is because it seems like there's a lag when the game tries to change the hours number, which is why it skips the X:00 part and straight to X:01. So it takes a second in game to change the hours part.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:20 PM
Mine skips too. Double Deluxe (1 EP and 1 SP) on an inexpensive netbook. 847 MB of CC including maybe 100 hacks. Sometimes if I pause the game at (say) 05:59, the next time I look, it's 06:00 (while still on pause).
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 7:44 PM
When playing University, I often use the simblender to bring forward the final exam, when my sim is good and ready. If I pause at 58 minutes to the hour to click on 'Hours to final exam: 2 hours', the sim gets only two minutes before the notice 'One hour to final exam' pops up; but if I pause at 59 minutes to the hour, he gets a full hour and one minute before the notice pops up. It does look as though that last minute does not really exist in the game.

Section jump