Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#14101 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 12:27 AM
In the old theme, it's under Help. In the new one, it's under Download.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14102 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 6:50 AM
Is there a way to place a pool on flooring, instead of terrain? For example, if you wanted a rooftop pool.
Theorist
#14103 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:30 PM
Did I corrupt my newly rebuilt 'hood during the rebuild? (Pleasepleaseplease tell me I didn't!)

I have a challenge family that needs to have inhabited gravestones for the challenge. I recreated the five dead sims and re-killed them in the new 'hood. I placed all their tombstones in the inventory of a live sim to move them to their proper place. (I have seen over and over that this is the best way to move tombstones to, say, a graveyard.) When the live sim got to his new home, I went into his inventory, and all the graves there were labeled "Rest in Peace." Next to the mailboxes were five tombstones, labeled "Here Lies _____" with the correct names.

Do I now have duplicate character files? Have I shredded something? Is it safe to delete the tombstones labeled "Rest in Peace" or will that make it worse? If it's not safe to delete them, what should I do with them? Should I just chuck it all in and take up, I don't know, World of Warcraft?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#14104 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:39 PM
The RIP tombstones don't have character data associated with them. You're fine.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#14105 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Did I corrupt my newly rebuilt 'hood during the rebuild? (Pleasepleaseplease tell me I didn't!)

I have a challenge family that needs to have inhabited gravestones for the challenge. I recreated the five dead sims and re-killed them in the new 'hood. I placed all their tombstones in the inventory of a live sim to move them to their proper place. (I have seen over and over that this is the best way to move tombstones to, say, a graveyard.) When the live sim got to his new home, I went into his inventory, and all the graves there were labeled "Rest in Peace." Next to the mailboxes were five tombstones, labeled "Here Lies _____" with the correct names.

Do I now have duplicate character files? Have I shredded something? Is it safe to delete the tombstones labeled "Rest in Peace" or will that make it worse? If it's not safe to delete them, what should I do with them? Should I just chuck it all in and take up, I don't know, World of Warcraft?

This has happened to me on a number of occasions when I moved a sim who had graves in his/her inventory to a new home. In my experience, if you place all the graves - the normal ones and the RIP ones - on the lot, then save, return to neighbourhood and then reload the lot, the RIP ones will have vanished by themselves and the real ones will stay. As far as I know that doesn't cause any corruption (though don't assume I'm right!) :-)
Theorist
#14106 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:42 PM
Oh, thank goodness! Thank you, Peni, thank you! *showers Peni with internet cookies and champagne*

lauratje, I'm so veryvery glad to hear that's happened to other people too! Thank you for the normalization and reassurance! *showers lauratje with internet cookies and champagne too*

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#14107 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee (Post #14090 on 2nd Jan 2014)
I think the slob coding that your now-playable slob still carries is likely to give you more trouble in terms of rebuilding than creating a matching waiter. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can tell you if it's possible/how to attach that code to a playable.

What I think I'll do for the Slob and the other Downtownies is to use the version of Tarlia's Downtown that includes the Downtownies, and then change all their names with the Sim Manipulator to match their names in my old 'hood. Then I'll make the Slob playable like I did the first time, and he'll keep his slobby code. I think that should work shouldn't it?

Is there any reason why I should use SimPE to change either forename or surname, rather than use the Sim Manipulator for both?
Field Researcher
#14108 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 5:20 PM
My fortune sims constantly roll wants to buy rugs costing at least 2000, 2500 or 3000. The problem is the most expensive rug in my game is the basketball court one and it costs less than 2000, despite having all the EPs and SPs installed. I took out my cc to see if some more expensive rugs were maybe overwritten by something, but no more expensive rugs showed up.

Do others experience this as well?
Top Secret Researcher
#14109 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abel1980
My fortune sims constantly roll wants to buy rugs costing at least 2000, 2500 or 3000. The problem is the most expensive rug in my game is the basketball court one and it costs less than 2000, despite having all the EPs and SPs installed. I took out my cc to see if some more expensive rugs were maybe overwritten by something, but no more expensive rugs showed up.

I haven't experienced this problem at all. I seldom use rugs in my game, so I don't know what the most expensive one is, and how much it costs.
Mad Poster
#14110 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 8:52 PM Last edited by gazania : 5th Jan 2014 at 9:14 PM.
Oh, dear. Like some here, perhaps, in my enthusiasm for AL, which I just loaded, I got a wee bit overboard with the apartments. Now I'd like to delete some. I've already deleted a couple of unplayed lots.

I've moved Sims into one apartment. Period. I haven't moved any of my Sims out of any apartments.

This bit with deleting lots causing corruption still confuses me. I am under the impression that houses, dorms, and I presume apartments are safe to delete if you've just placed them and never played them. I have been under the impression that "bad" lot deletions involve a Sim or Sims you've already moved in and played, and that it's safe to delete unplayed lots directly from the game. Even bulldozing formerly-occupied lots are OK if and only if you've done all of the required precautions, per:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption

This would also apply to lot downloads. Let's face it ... sometimes, the lot looks nice in the pictures, but isn't what you're looking for, or worst yet, crashes when you place it. Or does it?

My Google-Fu-ing might be rusty, but I can't seem to find the answer to this specific question. (Maybe lack of sleep?) Already-played lots, yes. Never-occupied ones, no.

Or did I just find still another way to corrupt a neighborhood? At least this is a brand-new one!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#14111 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 8:55 PM
I got a little bored with TS2 recently. Thought about playing a challenge. But as far as I see the challenges are not classified by eps needed and every time I see one that sounds interesting, it turns out in the middle of the description that eps are needed (like features as running a business or cheats that are not available in base game) and currently I have none. Is there a list of challenges that work also well without eps?
Top Secret Researcher
#14112 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Oh, dear. Like some here, perhaps, in my enthusiasm for AL, which I just loaded, I got a wee bit overboard with the apartments. Now I'd like to delete some. I've already deleted a couple of unplayed lots.

I've moved Sims into one apartment. Period. I haven't moved any of my Sims out of any apartments.

This bit with deleting lots causing corruption confuses me. I am under the impression that houses, dorms, and I presume apartments are safe to delete if you've just placed them and never played them. I'm gathering that "bad" lot deletions involve a Sim or Sims you've already moved in and played, and that it's safe to delete unplayed lots directly from the game.

My Google-Fu-ing might be rusty, but I can't seem to find the answer to this specific question. (Maybe lack of sleep?) Already-played lots, yes. Never-occupied ones, no.

Or did I just find still another way to corrupt a neighborhood? At least this is a brand-new one!

To be honest, I'm not sure whether deleting a previously occupied lot is safe. Lots that were never occupied/owned are 100% safe to delete and bin. Binning an occupied lot and binning a previously occupied lot is a no-no.

But deleting a lot that was previously occupied? Now that's a mystery for me.
Mad Poster
#14113 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abel1980

The most expensive rug in my game is 1,200 Simoleons, but I've never had a Fortune Sim roll a want for a rug worth a certain amount. They just seem to constantly roll wants for rugs without a certain price. It may be because I have Pescado's want/fear sanity mod.
Instructor
#14114 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
I got a little bored with TS2 recently. Thought about playing a challenge. But as far as I see the challenges are not classified by eps needed and every time I see one that sounds interesting, it turns out in the middle of the description that eps are needed (like features as running a business or cheats that are not available in base game) and currently I have none. Is there a list of challenges that work also well without eps?

Can you not just adjust challenges slightly so that they don't need EPs? Obviously it won't work with one where an EP function is the whole point of it, but if you only need EPs for minor things, I'm sure you can take that particular thing out of the challenge or change it to something else. I can't think of any challenges right now which only require the base game, but I'm sure someone else will be able to, but really I think it's a shame to not be able to play challenges you'd like to just because you don't have any EPs. I tend to change challenges slightly to my liking even when I don't have to, just to make it more enjoyable.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Mad Poster
#14115 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
To be honest, I'm not sure whether deleting a previously occupied lot is safe. Lots that were never occupied/owned are 100% safe to delete and bin. Binning an occupied lot and binning a previously occupied lot is a no-no.

But deleting a lot that was previously occupied? Now that's a mystery for me.

I try to avoid it like the plague with one exception .... if the lot itself became corrupted for some reason. In that case, about all you CAN do if the stupid thing won't even let you into the lot would be to move out the occupants and hope you didn't just mess up the neighborhood.

Though that Cyjon mod may help with that, perhaps. At least you might be able to guess WHY a lot suddenly went bad.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#14116 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
The most expensive rug in my game is 1,200 Simoleons, but I've never had a Fortune Sim roll a want for a rug worth a certain amount. They just seem to constantly roll wants for rugs without a certain price. It may be because I have Pescado's want/fear sanity mod.

Thanks. It's good to know I am not missing any rugs. I also use Pescado's want/fear sanity mod, but those wants for rugs costing at least x amount keep showing up and it's rather annoying. If that only happens in my game, I will have to troubleshoot that.
Mad Poster
#14117 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:42 PM
You may need to run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility ( at http://www.simwardrobe.com/) to see if want/fear sanity is conflicting with another mod. It seems to conflict with a lot of mods.
Mad Poster
#14118 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:55 PM

The Legacy Challenge? The Asylum Challenge? The ISBI Challenge? A version of the Random Legacy Challenge - this version or my version - if you removed all of the things that require EP's there's still quite a lot of options that you can do with just the base game :-)
Mad Poster
#14119 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 9:55 PM

Apocalypse has all sorts of variants, including several base game. Asylum requires no eps. ToddlerMania requires no eps. Legacy is base game with variants for added eps. How long a challenge do you want?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#14120 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 10:09 PM
Question: If I want to add a stuff pack to my patched and heavily modded Sims 2, will I have to go through the whole process of disabling CC/ removing hacks/ uninstalling ACR, Inteen etc. to do so, like when I installed the EPs?
Site Helper
#14121 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
This bit with deleting lots causing corruption still confuses me.
Deleting previously occupied lots in-game should be completely safe. I'm not sure where you got the idea that deleting lots causes corruption.

Deleting lot packages from the Lots folder will corrupt your game, because there are references to those lots in the game. Could that be what you're thinking about?

Also, deleting occupied lots is a bad idea. But, that's because of the sims on the lot.

Quote: Originally posted by Dagi_is_a_punk
Question: If I want to add a stuff pack to my patched and heavily modded Sims 2, will I have to go through the whole process of disabling CC/ removing hacks/ uninstalling ACR, Inteen etc. to do so, like when I installed the EPs?
It depends upon whether the SP changes your game engine or not.

For example, if your latest EP is University and you install Glamour Life, then you will have to update all of your mods for the new engine. However, if your latest EP is Apartment life and you install Glamour Life, then there should be no problem.
Field Researcher
#14122 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
For example, if your latest EP is University and you install Glamour Life, then you will have to update all of your mods for the new engine. However, if your latest EP is Apartment life and you install Glamour Life, then there should be no problem.

Thank you, Mootilda! That was the kind of good news I was hoping to hear.
Top Secret Researcher
#14123 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 10:37 PM
Dagi, here's a thread on Simbology that explains which game engine each stuff pack uses, which everyone who uses custom content (or are just bored and want something to read while eating lunch) may find helpful.
Alchemist
#14124 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda

So, if I have M&G installed I'm all covered?
Top Secret Researcher
#14125 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
So, if I have M&G installed I'm all covered?

You'll use the Apartment Life version of mods, yes.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 565 of 1000