Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 55 (Who?), Viewed: 19273 times.
Page 1 of 3
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:49 PM.
Default Internet Lover Challenge
This is a challenge that I found over on the TSR challenge forum. I have given it a go myself and although short is an interesting one and you can achieve it. MariposaStar was the original poster of it.

Rules:
Make your Sim any aspiration and give them any personality points you want.
Buy them a house for your $20k (any size) but it must have a computer and NO phone.
Your Sim is not allowed to leave the lot - so therefore they are not allowed to be employed and must gain income from the home (ie canvas).
You cannot use any NPC's ie Maid, Gardener, delivery services, exterminator etc (you will have to buy a new fridge when your food runs out).
Unlike the hombody challenge you can pay your bills, take out your trash, do your gardening etc- you are not restricted to being inside the house.
Your Sim cannot greet any other Sims that walk past the lot - or ring on the door bell- unless it is your internet lover who you have invited over.
You cannot own a business on your lot.
No cheats or hacks allowed.

Aim of the Game:
Your sim has to become friends with someone over the computer via chatting or sending emails. You have to keep building this relationship via the computer only (You cannot use the phone or invite them over until you are ready). When your relationship is high enough to invite your internet lover over you can do so. But as soon as your Sim greets their internet lover your sim must confess their undying love for them and flirt with them right away - they must reciprocate by automatically falling in love(pink and red hearts at once).

If your sim and their lover do not fall in love right away its back to the computer to find a new lover....

Hope that you enjoy it. Please let me know if you do.

Susie
Advertisement
#2 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:07 AM
Approved 11th June (Ongoing)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:09 AM
Sounds interesting!!

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 3:48 PM
Hi there, if you get chance to wonder over to the TSR challenge board

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/f...splay.php?f=512

you will find that there is alot of stories that have sprung up using this challenge. Like I said I had a go and it is fun. It doesn't take along time to do so if anyone wanted something quick to do for a break from legacies it is ideal.
If anyone does give it a go please post in this thread and let me know how you get on! The link to my try is below:-

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/s...ad.php?t=313232

I would be happy if anyone gets the chance to read it, if they would let me know what they think.

Susie
#5 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:46 PM
that was an excellent story thanx for sharing
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:30 PM
Thanks for your kind comment.

Susie
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 2:34 AM
lovely so is it here or on tsr either way i'm in

champions arn't made in gyms. champions are made by something deep inside them.a desire, a dream, a vision.they have to have last minuit stamina. they must be a little stronger, a little faster, they must have the skill and the will BUT THE WILL MUST BE STRONGER THAN THE SKILL.
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 11:14 AM
It is entirely up to you where you wish to post your story. I posted mine there purely because that is where I found it. Glad that you like the idea and will be joining us!

Susie
#9 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 11:23 AM
This is perfect because it falls along the lines of what happens in real life for people who've met over the internet....
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:34 PM
That's very true. I was lucky with mine that they fell in love at first flirt. However one of the other posters of their stories did it twice and there was nothing between them at all. That is also true to life I suppose. You get on great as friends but if that spark is missing that is all you will ever be.

Susie
#11 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 10:34 PM
What an interesting idea.
I don't know if I'm that patient though.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 11:32 PM
oh this is sooooo hard eeahk but none the less fun

champions arn't made in gyms. champions are made by something deep inside them.a desire, a dream, a vision.they have to have last minuit stamina. they must be a little stronger, a little faster, they must have the skill and the will BUT THE WILL MUST BE STRONGER THAN THE SKILL.
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:12 AM
Depending obviously on how long you play per day this can easily be completed in a day's play. My sim David Intern was less than half way through his adult years when he invited his true love over. It took me longer to write the story than to play it.

Susie
#14 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:37 AM
This sounds really interesting... but do we just do the challenge entirely or post along as we go? I'm not sure..
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 5:08 PM
You can do whichever you feel most comfortable with. If you enjoy writing as you play then do it that way. If you prefer the challenge to be completed first then do that. It's your challenge, the rules are more guidelines than set in concrete. Just enjoy! Welcome on board.

Susie
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 10:52 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. the game had got so boring i'm so going to do this challenge. pics soon. he he.
one thing i have this easel that allows sims to paint faster can i use it?
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 11:12 PM
oh this sounds like a lot of fun..I may give it a go when I finish up my poverty challenge
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 12:16 AM
Like I said the rules are guidelines. I know that the rules state no cheats or hacks but if that is the way you wish to play it then go for it. After all you don't get any extra points for the money that you have at the end.

Susie
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 11:27 PM
I completed it! I've been trying the Legacy Challenge but I get bored and end up quitting and starting over. This one I was able to do and complete! I'm going to make a story with it later.

This was a great challenge but a little mundane after awhile. Then it got exciting after the challenge was over and I continued on!

The guy she fell in love with happened to be a romance sim though. I hate those! They were engaged and he moved in so I had him cheat on her after she had become pregnant! You will find out the rest when I post the story.
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 11:42 PM
Congratulations! I look forward to reading your story. I started doing the smaller challenges too due to becoming bored with my legacy. I must have at least five on the go! That is due to the fact that I get bored around gen 3 when they become rich. It takes the fun out of it in my humble opinion. Still Pinstar has now done a lite version of it so I might just give that one a go in the near future.

Susie
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
staff: retired moderator
#21 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 11:45 PM
I tried this and I seem to have no luck with the men online! I can't even get to a friendship point!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordkitty
I tried this and I seem to have no luck with the men online! I can't even get to a friendship point!

I had a tough time figuring it out at first too but then I got it. You won't become friends until you meet them in person. The only thing you need to worry about is building up the relationship score. I also noticed once I chatted with someone I could no longer chat with them for some reason. So I sent an email to them, checked email, sent an email, checked email and so on. You get 1 relationship point everytime you get an email from them. It took a LONG time! Once the points were high enough I invited him over, greeted him and then flirted! Red and pink hearts!!!!

Good luck!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
staff: retired moderator
#23 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:06 AM
I could only get up to 15 relationship points (daily) while chatting with a sim. then I would send them email and never get a reply - tried more than once.

I kept trying with new names to chat to, just incase the sim was just too opposite for it to work - same deal with each one =(

Oh well I'll give it another go
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:11 AM
Wow, I guess I was really lucky. The guy I talked to was Brandon something or other. The one wearing the kilt. Maybe because he was a romance sim. I'm not sure though.
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 8:04 AM
After the first day of talking my sim only talked on line to his future "love" twice more. All other interactions were done by e-mail. I agree it is a long job getting that relationship up when it only goes up one per mail! I'm glad everyone is having fun with this.

Susie:D
Page 1 of 3