Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 16th May 2009 at 8:02 PM
Yeah, we know that.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 16th May 2009 at 8:18 PM
Great, you know, but I didn't know when I first played it and I'm willing to bet that there are a few people reading this thread that didn't know. And someone who doesn't know could easily form the opinion that certain features and situations might be in TS3 if they see them in this supposed sample.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 16th May 2009 at 9:58 PM
Yeah, since I seem to be living under a rock and have no idea what Kudos is, I had no idea they were similar, until it was mentioned before. Just the same, it didn't stop me from hoping that the actual game won't be anything like this SimSocial fiasco... ^_^ Not attached in the least to any of those features.
#29 Old 16th May 2009 at 10:04 PM
Sorry, I just assumed most people read other threads in this forum. It was discussed in the "All TS3 info in one" thread.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:50 PM
has anyone playing simfriend had a problem seeing options for replying? My email tells me to either click a response or reply and type the number of a response. But all i see is my sims message, and not any responses. On a whim i decided to hit reply and type "1"... it seemed to have done something good because i gained a trust point. But yeah, i can't see any responses to give in the email. I use yahoo, btw.
#31 Old 17th May 2009 at 3:56 PM
It looks like they fixed the whole "four hour wait" issue with SimSocial ... now it is only 10 minutes. Much better.
#32 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annalisa
It looks like they fixed the whole "four hour wait" issue with SimSocial ... now it is only 10 minutes. Much better.

The first time I played, I got through the second week and it suddenly went right back to the front page and I lost all my progress. Because when I tried again later, it went to that line about being their 20th birthday or whatever. They should at least warn you that the game is about to stop and ask if you want to save.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
The first time I played, I got through the second week and it suddenly went right back to the front page and I lost all my progress. Because when I tried again later, it went to that line about being their 20th birthday or whatever. They should at least warn you that the game is about to stop and ask if you want to save.

I think they've fixed that problem - I had the same issue but now it appears to actually be saving my progress.

It's not so bad, really... I like playing while waiting for pages to load or talking on the phone
Field Researcher
#34 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ivywinter
has anyone playing simfriend had a problem seeing options for replying? My email tells me to either click a response or reply and type the number of a response. But all i see is my sims message, and not any responses. On a whim i decided to hit reply and type "1"... it seemed to have done something good because i gained a trust point. But yeah, i can't see any responses to give in the email. I use yahoo, btw.

I use Yahoo, too, and I see them fine. Maybe you should turn your messages to text only or enable graphics in your mail browser. Also, you don't ALWAYS get an option to reply--so it may depend on the message.
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
I use Yahoo, too, and I see them fine. Maybe you should turn your messages to text only or enable graphics in your mail browser. Also, you don't ALWAYS get an option to reply--so it may depend on the message.

I changed the preferences to sending text messages. I was seeing graphics but no choices when there clearly should have been.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 17th May 2009 at 10:04 PM
I am giving SimFriend a try but I have to admit, I don't quite "get" it. I can't get my Simfriend to listen to any of my advice. Then she wants to bitch when things go badly! Hmm. Does sound like a Sim, after all
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th May 2009 at 2:54 AM
I hate SimSocial....

It says I caught a virus and am sick... and its been saying this for 2 real hours now... and i dont have enough $ to do anything, I lost all my friends and its taking forever to recover. Plus I had to restart 3 times because I ended up running out of $ and he cant walk to work and had no money to go on a bus... so I was screwed.

Its pissing me off... plus the stupid 10 min sleep period is also very annoying!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 18th May 2009 at 3:04 AM
lmao, that sucks but its hilarious. Maybe I should go back to playing SimSocial after all -- tortured sims being in the virtual red-zone of happiness? FANTASTIC! xD

((and for the record, clean your house and take a bath when you can go back to work. That happened to me, once.))
#39 Old 19th May 2009 at 1:23 AM
ok whats with it saving? it had BETTER NOT do this in sims 3
#40 Old 19th May 2009 at 1:44 AM
No, it won't.
Page 2 of 2