Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 9:56 AM
a sports ep, an animal ep, a nature ep among others
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
Wouldn't this be great: "All in one" EP?

Great for us, not so great for EA who wants as much of our money as possible. They could make bigger expansions, though. Raise the bar a bit. For example TS2 expansion ideas merged together:

-"Urban": Nightlife and Apartments. The downtown.
-"Careers": University and some OfB. Main feature would be opening the school and work rabbit holes.
-"Outdoors" or "Nature": Weather and seasons from Seasons animals from Pets + all sorts of extra outdoor activities.
-"Leisure": Free Time and Bon Voyage? FT might merge better with OfB and I'm not really sure if BV fits very well together with anything.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
#28 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 8:15 PM
I would really love to see a Super Star remake for TS3. I wanted it for TS2, but it never happened, so I want it with TS3. I would like a BV remake, but with more too it. Like more things to do while on vacation. Actually, I would like to see the metal detector from TS1. I don't know why, but I really enjoyed using it and collecting all the weird little objects you could dig up with it. Pets would be good, but I'd like it to have more to it than the TS2 version. Like more pets (reptiles, ferrets and even horses for the rich sims) and I'd like to see those pet shows back and maybe like an obstacle course like at the dog shows. I also really want weather. I was hoping that TS3 would come with weather, but now it looks like that won't happen, so I'd like to see weather added in the first EP.
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 11:31 AM
Everyone seems to really.. want weather back! I read an article somewhere that said, weather will be around? I'll see if I can find it. It seems Wikipedia gave this out:

From Wikipedia:

Several minor features from The Sims 2 expansion packs appear in the original The Sims 3, such as the "young adult" life stage, personal inventories and mobile phones (University). Owning pets such as dogs, cats, and birds will also be included (Pets). Private cars and restaurants (Nightlife), fishing and gardening (Seasons), jewelry and beaches (Bon Voyage), Tooth-brushing and ceilings (Apartment Life) will be included, but none of the main features from expansion packs such as a Sim going to college (University) will be available.

As in previous games, Sims can paint, but paintings will now be more unique to each Sim based on their traits.

Other new features are set difficulty levels for each family, hospitals where pregnant Sims may give birth, and bicycles for riding around the neighborhood.

Awww, nooo Rain or Cloudy days?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldsLady
Is it me, or does anyone else think they will include wondering around to neighbors' houses in a EP? Like in the base game, your stuck in the house unless you go to a community lot. The whole thing with wandering around seems like they will include it in another EP.

The whole idea of The Sims 3 is a seamless neighborhood, which means that you can explore the entire town freely. This has already ready been confirmed, and you can see examples of it on the developer walkthroughs on the sims 3 website.

Sims are no longer restricted to their lot, their are no loading screens when you leave your home.

However im not sure about visiting neighbors. I can swear I read about it and heard about it, but im assuming since you can see the inside of SOME buildings your sim goes in (gym, etc...) and able to interact with others, that you SHOULD be able to visit neighbors.

I am pretty sure I read a preview somewhere talking about being able to see what your neighbors are doing, and visit them.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 5:53 AM
Bare in mind, this game will be released under complete different management, the trend from the TS1 And TS2 is going to be very different, and EA have never been the EP-type in their other products.

We won't be getting any sub-neighborhoods like TS1 and TS2 EPs, and expanding the existing seamless neighborhood would be impossible.

If there is "EPs", I feel they would be more like stuff-packs, but knowing EA, they probably would prefer to put their attention into TS4, than expand their current product.
#32 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 7:46 AM
Yes it's been confirmed sims can visit their neighbors and friends at their house.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
Bare in mind, this game will be released under complete different management, the trend from the TS1 And TS2 is going to be very different, and EA have never been the EP-type in their other products.

We won't be getting any sub-neighborhoods like TS1 and TS2 EPs, and expanding the existing seamless neighborhood would be impossible.

If there is "EPs", I feel they would be more like stuff-packs, but knowing EA, they probably would prefer to put their attention into TS4, than expand their current product.

Thats not entierly true, even though TS3 is supposed to be different than TS1 & TS2. It will still have many core relations to the previous games. And since its a Sims game, their will be EP's, im 99.9% sure of it.

One reason for that is, TS3 will be missing many many features that people will want from previous sims games & EP's (weather for example, superstar etc...).

They will also want to keep making the game fresh so it does not become dull after a certain time.

And dont forget they are going to want to continue the profits they made by selling 100 Million Sims Game (Base Games + EP's). Its how EA operates, they have made 7 ( I believe ) EP's for each sim game.

Also, expanding the neighborhood is challenging but not impossible. They are professional enough to be able to create new "districts" and code them to connect to the existing neighborhood. If it was impossible, how would companies like Blizzard create new regions& "realms" in their MMORPG "World of Warcraft".

However, my main point is, its EA, they do everything for the money, so expect some expansion packs, I believe they will be more expensive than TS2 since they will require more time and quality. They would not want to loss millions by not releasing EP's.

Additionally, Their have been EP's to Spore, The Sims, The Sims 2, Sim City 4, Command & Conquer, the Read Alert games, so I would say that EA is the EP type of company, ready to earn a profit while hyping up their consumers.

However I'm sure they have some EP's already being created and their is probably a team working on The Sims 4 since The Sims 3 was being worked on even before The Sims 2 was released. The company has to always be ahead of their own game.. :D.

Update : I found this on http://thesims3facts.webs.com under "Confirmed Facts" although the website inst familiar so i'm not sure how credible it is.

" There will be expansion packs which could eventually form to create an entire "Sim Country" quoted by Rod Humble".

Seems like its factual though since all the other info is their.

Also on Snooty Sims I found the following here http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3index.php?id=info. At the bottom,

"There will be expansions. "

Personally, I love expansion packs, although I loved TS1 EP's better than TS2 EP's. Except for Seasons which was my favorite since it gave us weather. My favorite in TS1 were both Superstar and Making Magic. They should combine those two together. It was a fun combination in TS1.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 3:52 PM
I guess so, what other way to make it more entertaining.
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 8:05 PM
you know, I hope they include more instruments, and instead of being good at all of them, they can improve on one particular instrument... because, guitars, bass, drums, piano, violin... I mean, just that? They should put on a lot more like the cello, the flute, maybe something like the koto!
In fact, imagine if they released an EP just for music and stuff!!
that'd be so cool! :D

Living is a waste of breathing,
and dying is a waste of death...

If you jump, then I will jump too, we'll fall together...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 1:48 AM
I agree there, I find it unusual in TS2, if a sim gets good at the piano, they are automatically an excellent painter. Or my sim is really good at playing chess because he looks thur the telescope every night. Ummm... Hello?!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 8:33 AM
Weather/seasons is a must.
I'd also like an animal expansion, -not just pets but farm animals and general wildlife too. Birds, rabbits, squirrels etc. would make the gardens and parks so much more alive, and I'd really like to make farms. And if there ever were to be a vacation expansion then I would like to see deer, foxes, porcupines etc. added too.
A magic/fantasy expansion was one of my bigger wishes for Sims 2 being a huge fan of the supernatural and mysterious. Making magic for Sims 1 was ok but a bit silly too, I would like the magic/fantasy xp for sims 2 to be made a bit differently, -cooler and less like a parody. I know it won't happen because eaxis seem to just love silliness and parodies to the extreme *sigh*

Personally I wouldn't like following sims to work or school, that just sounds boring and time consuming, -but that's me
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wycked
Weather/seasons is a must.
I'd also like an animal expansion, -not just pets but farm animals and general wildlife too. Birds, rabbits, squirrels etc. would make the gardens and parks so much more alive, and I'd really like to make farms. And if there ever were to be a vacation expansion then I would like to see deer, foxes, porcupines etc. added too.
A magic/fantasy expansion was one of my bigger wishes for Sims 2 being a huge fan of the supernatural and mysterious. Making magic for Sims 1 was ok but a bit silly too, I would like the magic/fantasy xp for sims 2 to be made a bit differently, -cooler and less like a parody. I know it won't happen because eaxis seem to just love silliness and parodies to the extreme *sigh*

Personally I wouldn't like following sims to work or school, that just sounds boring and time consuming, -but that's me

I LOVED Making Magic, and Superstar, if those two were combined it would be great and then they must add Weather.
Scholar
#39 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusama
Wouldn't this be great: "All in one" EP?

Nice to imagine perhaps, however it wouldn't be as good as all that for one reason - the price would be drastically increased, if one expansion pack was to have everything that (for example) Uni, NL, Pets, Seasons etc etc had.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:24 PM
Well, it knowingly was from the corner of fantasies.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 12:58 AM
I think we should get to teach teenagers to drive. I mean, as soon as they're teens they automaticly know how to drive?
And I think that weather should be in the base game. We shouldn't have to seperatly pay for something that should be put into the base game.

I wonder if EA reades this kind of stuff and laughs at all our ideas?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 2:24 AM
If they put every single feature in one game - and never expanded on it - then the game 'd die pretty quick. Despite how fans complain the series has lasted as long as it had BECAUSE of the expansion packs.

Besides, we'd have to wait even LONGER - maybe years - for the game if they put all the features in one release. This way we get the base game and only have to add features we want.

Seems a fair deal to me
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grig 32
If they put every single feature in one game - and never expanded on it - then the game 'd die pretty quick. Despite how fans complain the series has lasted as long as it had BECAUSE of the expansion packs.

Besides, we'd have to wait even LONGER - maybe years - for the game if they put all the features in one release. This way we get the base game and only have to add features we want.

Seems a fair deal to me

Yurp..I agree.. if EVERYTHING was in the game.. we'd have to wait a little longer and the price would rise..
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:41 PM
Halloween EP - Includes options for costumes, costume parties, and trick-or-treating as well as all kinds of furniture and decorations. Might include magic, zombies, vampires, and werewolves.

Sci-Fi & Fantasy EP - Aliens, astronaut careers, spaceships... elves, castles, dragons, and knights. Could include a new aspiration or personality trait such as "Princess complex" or "Rule the Kingdom" or "Otaku". You could unlock the ability for time travel and include becoming a mad scientist as a career.

Animal EP - Not just cats and dogs, but all kinds of pets. Also unlock exotic pets and have a zoo in the neighborhood. Have farms. Have new sims like CatSims, LizardSims, etc. You could become a veterinarian as a career and have a new personality trait like "Animal Lover"

Historical EP - Has rideable carriages, old-fashioned clothing, ability to turn back time to a time period of your choice.

College/University - Like the old one, only more INTERESTING. I was really bored with the University EP. Study, streak, study some more, sleep with your professor, study more... rinse, lather, repeat.

Cultural EP - Has all kinds of clothing and traditions from other cultures, like kimonos, tea ceremonies, Chinese New Year, etc.
Instructor
#45 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:20 AM
Leisure Life- A sort of combo of FreeTime and Bon Voyage.
Mother Nature- A sort of combo of Seasons and the missing features of Pets.
Urban Glow- A sort of Apartment Life/Nightlife Combo
College Life- University with much more features, plus the addition of a new career: College Educator
Alchemist
#46 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:31 AM
I hated Pets and Bon Voyage. Both were horrible EPs in my opinion. They added several crucial/good changes to the game but the overall addition was lacking. I never send my Sims on vacation. It's just boring and pointless.
#47 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 12:58 AM
I also think it would be awesome to expand on the sports. Like since there will be mountains, something like boating, watching your sims hike to a spot and camp and snowboard and skiing. I like the idea of a Carnival that has added features like taking sims to roller coaster rides and the them changes depending on the Season. Like Summer would be Water Parks and for Fall an Autum Harvest Festival so on with Winter (Christmas Parade of Lights Park). Funny idea but since there is a court house what if Sims went to Jail instead of just being Fined? Or the crook actually goes to a Sim Jail when they are arrested? All those neglected babies hauled off to Foster Care and Parents can still some how have more? Jail you go for Sim Baby Abuse. Just a weird idea lol!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 4:10 PM
i still want a vacation ep, separate vacation neighborhoods are still win for me.
also, a business ep would be cool. i hope we can assign individual custom clothes to different display racks, so we can actually make different brands and boutiques, e.g. lacoste shirts only for a clothing rack in a lacoste store, etc.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:17 PM
They should definetly bring back dating from nightlife and weather from seasons. I loved Superstar so i think they should bring that back too.
#50 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:21 PM
I think they should expand on the Pets expansion pack, if they decide to bring it back.
With the new seamless neighbourhood, it would be cool to be able to ride a horse around.
Page 2 of 5