Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bemii
But I love Southern accents.. aka. Josh Holloway's =P

I could just melt into a puddle of goo every time he says 'freckles' :D.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bemii
The posh ones are the worst! No offence to anyone!

I Know!!, I was on a plane a few weeks ago and the pilot had a posh accent and talked really fast.
English accents are boring to me too, You kinda get used to it.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fiahlord
I don't particularly have an accent, I think most people where I live don't. Just plain English.

Everyone has an accent. An accent is just the way you speak. You may think you don't, but to anyone who speaks differently than you, you do.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by longears15
FurryPanda, it's funny that you say that. Do you consciously change the way you speak, or does it just happen? I born and raised here in Australia, but have some Scottish influences in my speech. That element has become less and less pronounced as I've got older, but I find that whenever I'm angry or upset, the Scottish accent and manner of speaking starts to come through again. Serves well as a warning sign for people who know me

Like half and half. When I want to sound stupid I consciously slip into valley girl, and when I'm very upset I decide how to sound, the more upset I am the closer I get to impeccable English and no accent whatsoever. But if I don't want people to be able to tell then I won't change my voice. And when I want to make a decent first impression my accent gets sorta like a cross between British, valley girl and high pitched (not nearly as head chopping as that sounds), and when I want to sound really disconcerting I use perfect kings English, and about half an octave higher than my usual voice, southern accent, and all five dollar words.

All of that is intentional, the only unintentional voice change I have is that I get louder as I get more emotional, unless I'm actively thinking not to.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#30 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:42 PM
Ooh...I really love English/Scottish/Irish accents, especially from around Liverpool ('m, like, the only one XD). And Aussie accents are quite nice. I don't really like your 'regular' American accent - everyone else gets cool little lilts to the way they speak, and we don't...however, I'm from Tejas, so I have to disagree and say, I think Texas accents are fine - seeing as I have a bit of one =/
Forum Resident
#31 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:54 PM
Dislike: Liverpudlian (sp?), Newcastle accent, carlisian accent (i live here ugh), german...no need to shout... Some american accents...most are ok but some...oh geez.... indian or a very thick accent....scottish

Love: French, english (well spoken but not lloyd grossman....XD) Irish... australian..it just that whole gday mate thing...
Alchemist
#32 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:03 PM
I actually hate the french accent (No offence french guys ) But when you have french lessons everyday you learn to dislike it. Especially when your teacher over-enthusiasm's it
#33 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:23 PM
Lol, I have a slight lisp, and I hate it.

Most people don't notice it, but when I hear my voice on playback, I cringe.

Indian and Egyptian are the worst accents, though.

And really thick, cocky-sounding british accents kill me.
Theorist
#34 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 4:29 AM
I do think Indian and Russian (or any of the foreign accents) don't go well with English, but I imagine the accents sound nice in their native language...

Well I actually think southern accent is kinda sexy, in a slightly odd way, but still sexy nonetheless. Maybe I'm just weird.

Extremely thick British and Irish accents are sorta hard for me to understand sometimes, but that's about it. I don't really hate any particular accent in general.
#35 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 4:44 PM
Scottish accents! I adore them so; David Tennant, Ewan McGregor and the voice actor of L in the Death Note anime are my favourite voices at the moment. There's something so wonderfully lilting about them, I wish I had one. Northern accents in general are rather nice, except my french teacher's one, because it means she can't actually speak french properly.

Whenever my cousin goes to Ireland to see her other relatives, she always comes back with an Irish accent- it's really rather funny.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Derange
Hate Aussie. Far too over the top for me.

I'm Australian, but my accent isn't overly Australian. The other day I had a substitute teacher ask me if my accent was mid-Atlantic or something.

I like accents! There aren't really any I dislike.

A few I can think of that I like would be Canadian, New Zealand, and British. :P

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JacobEdward
however, I'm from Tejas, so I have to disagree and say, I think Texas accents are fine - seeing as I have a bit of one =/

Which Texas accent? I can't understand the far East Texas; I was about to ask for a picture menu at the restaurant! The Arkansas accent is evil, too. O.o;;

In Spanish I like the European Spanish (vs the North & South American ones); they do something with their "s/c" that rolls off the tongue really well.

I really like Ewan McGregor's accent. >)

Certain Mexican accents are quite nice. I also like Southern accents and am pretty impartial to Yankee accents. Although I'm not keen on the "yous".

I'm indifferently curious.
8/2010
9/2011
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 7:40 PM
I love English, Australian and Irish accent. I dislike Italian and French accent. I don't exactly hate it, but it's kind of... annoying. I don't know what my accent sounds like when I speak English, though..
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 7:56 PM
I love British, scottish, and irish the most <33

I gotta say I can't stand Boston accents *twitch* I realized this after watching The Departed (great movie, couldn't stand the accents >.<)
#40 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 1:41 AM
i love australian accents, i think they are amazing. My friends australian, she spaeks to me and im always smiling cause its great. I dont know why i love it i just do.

I dont know what people mean about british accents, im british but i wouldnt say i had an annoying accent, im not extremely proper english like the kings and queen, people think im american so i go along with that lol :D
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 2:45 AM
I have your typical Midwestern accent because I'm from Michigan.

I have trouble understanding most European accents, so they get annoying.

Not to be offensive, but for some reason, people with Southern accents tend to make me laugh hysterically for no reason whatsoever.

Most of my family is from Maryland, so they have a Mid-Atlantic (or Southern, not sure...) accent which is pretty cool, yet easy to understand. It's probably like that since I'm very used to it.

and I've always admired the Australian accent, I want one!!! lol.
#42 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 2:50 AM
I love Irish accents. I think if you spend enough time with someone with that accent, you pick it up =]
#43 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 2:55 AM
yeh probably PurpleSummer.
My aunty is from Wales no accent what so ever, she moved to Scotland about 12-13 years ago married a guy there from scotland of course. Theyr still together, she had developed an accent, you wouldnt think she lived in wales. And she had kids over there too which have accents lol.

But australian acccents are great lol! .. i want one too
Field Researcher
#44 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PurpleSummer
I love Irish accents. I think if you spend enough time with someone with that accent, you pick it up =]

I think that is true of any accent. I have picked up a slight Italian accent from my husband and people are always asking me what country I am from. At first I was baffled... then I realized I must have picked up his!
#45 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabbers
I gotta say I can't stand Boston accents *twitch* I realized this after watching The Departed (great movie, couldn't stand the accents >.<)

Its funny because even us living there don't like it. I'm happy to report I've kept a pretty good newscaster accent. I do say wicked a lot though. Sue me.

I love all accents, really. I love hearing how different people talk. Boston really used to bug me but now I'm so used to it, I don't even notice anymore. I just hate the accents when people sound like they have a pile of shit in their mouth when they're talking. But that could just be refusal to open their mouth.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 4:15 PM
Scottish and irish accents are all kinds of awesome!
But I don't really like german and austrian accents. Am I weird for saying that?
Seriously, listening to Arnold Schwarzenegger talking english gives me a headache. :hmm:

In german I don't like any accents except for austrian, swiss and russian ones.
Actually I even like austrian german more than german german. It has a bit of a drawl and doesn't sound as harsh as normal german, but it's also rather hard to understand, especially if german isn't your first language.

- // ::ƒяεaκza::\\ -
[¿ ] ♥ »» sªηī†y īs σ√εЯRª†εð
#47 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 5:22 PM
Australian accents are the sexiest, imo. I don't really hate any accents, though. lol
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I could just melt into a puddle of goo every time he says 'freckles' :D.

Rabid, don't even get me started! I can't believe he had to tone it down a bit for some of his work. Luckily Sawyer is a southerner with a sexy accent! Now you have me thinking about it... :lovestruc
Instructor
#49 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 9:55 PM
Newcastle accents are love <3
Mad Poster
#50 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:17 PM
I don't dislike any accents, however it does annoy me when people who don't come from a certain area will suddenly develop that accent because it's 'cool'. So many kids in the town I used to live in did that. They come from nice, well-spoken families and speak well themselves. Puberty hits and they suddenly develop a really strong, London accent, all 'yeah mate' and 'innit bruv' - you come from Sussex!! - wth?! They have never been to London in their lives, and don't know anyone who does yet they speak like Fagin's boys from Oliver Twist.
Page 2 of 9