Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Maybe they could delete old threads or lock them after a certain point. That way no one could commit the crime of resurrecting them

Locking them might be a good idea. When someone does respond to an old thread, it shows up on the front page just like a fresh thread. I'm someone who posted to this thread recently...this evening, in fact. It showed up at the top of my page. Never occurred to me that it was an old thread, because the time stamp wasn't old. It was just a few days ago...the 5th of February, I think. Certainly, I saw the year: 2014.

Whoever did respond to the old thread probably didn't notice the year...no clue. But yeah. I think that if the policy is to not treat these discussions as on-going, then locking a thread after so many replies or so many weeks oughtta work.

That way, too, a poster won't have to worry about starting a new thread, only to have someone post a snarky remark with a link to a discussion that's already on thread such-and-such.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 5:40 PM
Oh my gosh! I made that mistake of replying without checking the timestamp! I figured it was a new discussion because it did show as new and so I just read the arguements without regards to the dates, drawing on the assumption that it was new. I am so sorry!

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Inventor
#28 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 9:37 PM
There was a teacher at my elementary and junior high school that left a bruise on two or three students when he paddled them. Paddling/spanking rarely works in my experience. There were boys in my class in early elementary that got paddled almost everyday, obviously it didn't work. Schools should be able to discipline with sentences, detentions, staying in at recess/break, etc. Paddlings were very rare in my high school, punishments were mostly detention, sentences, suspension, etc.

There was a boy in my class who would never do his work, and teachers paddled him all the time, which didn't work. In fifth grade, a teacher finally failed him. The next year, he passed with flying colors. However, he did go back to not doing his work in high school and had to be failed again.

Page 2 of 2