Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 841 (Who?), Viewed: 153855 times.
Page 34 of 34
Inventor
#826 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:26 AM
@Zarathustra

It's been a while since I've read Harry Potters, so I can't say anything for certain. I do believe it is, the way she describes people and places, the structure of her sentences. So yeah I'd say it's quite similar similar.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
#827 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:06 PM
I just got finished reading Black Iris by Leah Raeder and holy cow was it amazing! Super intense and dark but really good too. A real page-turner.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#828 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:24 PM
Vanity Fair by William Thackeray. I like it but haven't finished the reading yet. I've got really tired with descriptions of dances and high society receptions...
Instructor
#829 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdena
Vanity Fair by William Thackeray. I like it but haven't finished the reading yet. I've got really tired with descriptions of dances and high society receptions...

It's really not worth it. We had to read it in English class.
I suggest you watch the movie, starring Reese Witherspoon... It's much more enjoyable!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Inventor
#830 Old 22nd May 2015 at 4:33 PM
Lolita. Oh boy.
But hey, Stanley Kubrick made a movie out of it, so I'll watch it when I'm done.
Test Subject
#831 Old 22nd May 2015 at 6:52 PM
The Game of thrones of the author George R.R. Martin and just finisht the 4th book and busy with the 5th book part 1 for the 3th time

Shakespeare
Field Researcher
#832 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:39 PM
I have finished two books recently:
The Farm by Tom Rob Smith - amazing book, I've read it in two days.
Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey - devastating look into the mind of Alzheimer's Disease sufferer that holds the key to years old mystery. Really worth the read.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Lab Assistant
#833 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:37 AM
Sennar's mission from Licia Troisi.
Scholar
#834 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 3:21 AM
"Patterns from the Golden Age of Rustic Design," by Albert H. Good. Probably would be just as boring for most of you as it sounds, but since I'm both an architecture nerd and a National Park Service nerd, it's great!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#835 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:48 AM
Various Garfield daily strip compilations.

I guess I am a cat person through and through, considering I laugh at the semi-sarcasm within.

http://sailormoonfanclub.freeforums.net/ (My Sailor Moon Forum)
Free Talk now open!
Alchemist
#836 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:16 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Jun 2015 at 10:31 PM.
Re-reading Codex Alera by Jim Butcher, currently on Captain's Fury.
Forum Resident
#837 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 9:56 PM
Currently reading the first book of The Witcher series, Blood of Elves. It's interesting, but I heard the games are really good, so I wanna play those.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." (my constant state of mind unless something catches my eye - definition here)

Stories: 1
Field Researcher
#838 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 4:53 AM
I just completely devoured The Martian by Andy Weir, and the only words I have to sum it up are...

...Holy shit.

It was so good. I only bought this book yesterday after lunch, and I finished it a few minutes ago this evening! My inner nerd is both satisfied and unsatisfied at the same time. I want more, darn it!

I'm excited to go see the movie when it comes out, too! Even though during the entire book, I totally pictured Watney as Chris Pratt. Don't blame me. Smart-assery totally fits Pratt. Also, Star Lord. Sorry, Damon.
Instructor
#839 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 7:21 PM
A book that I started and then returned to the library a couple of years ago because school got in the way. So I'm going to restart Capital by John Lanchester. Pretty cover too
Mad Poster
#840 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:32 PM
This blog/story: http://utopiahousechallenge.blogspo...-beginning.html

I've read the updates, which are usually just one picture from the story, but it wasn't enough to appreciate the tale, so I've gone back to the beginning and am almost half-way through. The back story for this is in one type of Sims game and the blog takes place in another and tells how the Sims survive and thrive the challenge they've been handed. It's quite entertaining and the cast of characters are interesting, especially the way they interact. The plot has a few twists along the way and gets a little messy which is fun!

"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon"
Forum Resident
#841 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:56 PM
The second book in the Witcher series. I know I'm making slow progress, but I'm not a fast reader.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." (my constant state of mind unless something catches my eye - definition here)

Stories: 1
#842 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 10:46 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 4th Jul 2015 at 11:06 AM.
On my ninth journey through Lord of The Rings ... it was a bargain on Amazon for kindle, I got all three books in this series for 99c (fellowship, two towers and return of the king) about two years ago. Each read shows me something I didn't notice the last time though.

"A hundred years is a mere blink in a life of an Elf. I'm patient. I can wait."
"I can see you know nothing of wizards. They are like winter thunder on a wild wind rolling in from a distance, breaking hard in alarm. But sometimes a storm is just a storm."
Page 34 of 34