Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Site-wide announcements:

Inside every sane person there's a madman struggling to get out.
Replies: 810 (Who?), Viewed: 151778 times.
Page 33 of 33
Theorist
#801 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 11:58 PM
I'm still reading Dresden files (nope, still not finished), now on "Side jobs". I cheated, and first jumped right to the end, because it's got a short story with Murphy after certain things happens in "Changes". Still debating with myself whether to read the rest of the book, or hopping straight to the next. I'll probably finish it, if I know myself right...
Test Subject
#802 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:27 AM
The Killer Inside Me for my lit class on serial killers in Lit

Though I'm about to start the Andy Cohen Diaries for fun
Alchemist
#803 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 4:51 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 25th Feb 2015 at 7:18 AM.
I read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - another interesting apocalypse story. Then I read Charlie Chaplin - A Brief Life. I think I'm going to stay away from biographies for the moment - too depressing.
Now I'm reading Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Jane Gilman - in 1986 after graduating from college, she and her friend went on a world tour with their first stop Hong Kong and the People's Republic of China (PRC had recently opened to western tourists). So it's interesting to read about 2 people trying to navigate in a culture where they can't communicate, are used to eating western junk food, etc. etc. I like her honest depiction of how entitled they were and that they sometimes behaved badly.

2/25 - I started This House Is Haunted by John Boyne - a Victorian ghost story.

Without music, life would be a mistake. - F. Nietzsche
Field Researcher
#804 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:49 AM
I just finished reading Dean Koontz's Strangers. It was very good!

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
Scholar
#805 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 12:56 AM
I give Enrique's Journey a 4/5. Still reading Silas Marner. I also read Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata which I'm giving a 5/5.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Scholar
#806 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 4:19 PM
For world book week at school I'm reading Diary of a wimpy Kid The long Haul. I'm only going to read it at school when we have to read because I din't want to finish the book before the school week is over, but as soon as the week is done I will Read it any time I like.
Alchemist
#807 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 3:13 PM
A Day in the Life of Ancient Rome by Alberto Angela. Like being a tourist in Rome on a day in 115 CE - a great read.

Without music, life would be a mistake. - F. Nietzsche
Scholar
#808 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:27 AM
Finished Silas Marner, which I actually liked. Now it's on to The Raven Boys, The Sign of the Four, and Daisy Miller.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#809 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 4:30 AM
Reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. I like it, but am only around 150 pages in. Despite the reviews saying the beginning is a quick read and a page-turner, I'm reading it very slowly. I like it, but it's very descriptive (sometimes I don't like that). He describes a lot, which I know is good, but sometimes I feel like it's too much... But yeah, I like it. I'll probably finish it in a year or so.
Forum Resident
#810 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 11:45 PM
1001 Arabian Nights, uncensored

I just finished the first out of 1001 stories told by Scherazade as part of her captivity by King Sharyar. Should she walk away from the deal, it's her life that ends early. Knowing she walks away with her life is the spoiler every knows, but what stories were told will make you ask for more.

Scion of the Rainbow Heart, only child of the King of the Mirthful Heart, I am PANDAQUEEN.
Alice Cooper + PANDAQUEEN = A Beastly Legend and A Beautiful Rookie.
Scholar
#811 Old Today at 12:05 AM
Just finished "'Safe' Is Not An Option," a book-length essay on why NASA's near-obsessive fixation on safety above all else is one of the biggest obstacles to human exploration of anything beyond low-Earth orbit... decidedly dry and inaccessible unless you've done quite a bit of background research, but still a very compelling case.

Now starting "The Murder Room," a chronicling of the Vidocq Society, which is a group of 82 of the most brilliant criminological and forensic minds in the world, who meet in an old Victorian dining room in Philadelphia once a month, to take on unsolved cold cases from law enforcement agencies all across the globe. You couldn't make up a more story-worthy organization!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 33 of 33

Section jump