Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 757 (Who?), Viewed: 138856 times.
Page 31 of 31
Instructor
#751 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 6:47 PM
Just finished Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead, who's my favorite author. I have some books by her on hold at the library that I'll pick up today--the Dark Swan series. I can't wait to read them. I'm also reading One Of Ours by Willa Cather for class and it's tough going. I'm supposed to start reading Beloved by Toni Morrison for the same class as I have a cumulative project on it.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
poet-treat.tumblr.com
Scholar
#752 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 2:53 PM
Just finished The Hobbit. I thought I read it many years ago, but maybe not (I know I read LotR). And I have to say, they've done some brilliant work on the movies so far, because they're far better than the book. But with great actors and a manuscript that's probably longer and more thought-through than the book itself, it's probably no wonder...
Test Subject
#753 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 12:14 AM
Finished the I Am Number Series by Pittacus Lore I NEED to know what happens next! Waiting impatiently for Fractured (Slated 3) by Teri Terry. I should read my chem and my business text books, this week wasnt particularly productive. Yes, thats it. I will read the relevant chapters of my text books; so much fun!
Test Subject
#754 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 10:50 PM
John Green is one of the best authors, in my opinion. I can't wait until the "The Fault in Our Stars" (grammar? lol) movie comes out! I'm gonna be an emotional wreck. "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher is a really good book that they're apparently making into a movie, though I'm not thrilled that Selena Gomez is going to be in it. :/

Right now I'm reading "Willow" by Julia Hoban, and it's really good.
Scholar
#755 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 12:29 AM
Working my way through Lord of the Rings again (been 10 years or so since the last time), plus reading "Russian Roulette" by Anthony Horowitz (my light reading book for when I feel the need of reading something I haven't read), and "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman (my current backpack book for long bus rides).
Top Secret Researcher
#756 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 1:43 AM
I finished Countdown City: The Last Policeman Part II and then I read Cabot Wright Begins by James Purdy which has to be one of the strangest books I've ever read. So now I started Existence by David Brin.
Instructor
#757 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:02 PM
After I finished Gameboard of the Gods (which was great of course) I read the Dark Swan series--Storm Born, Thorn Queen, Iron Crowned, and Shadow Heir. I'm also almost done with Toxic Faith, about breaking free of toxic religious beliefs. I just finished Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and am now reading Brave New World and am going to start Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, which my friend recommended to me.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
poet-treat.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#758 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:44 AM
I just finished Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks, highly interesting read! Its amazing how music functions in our brain. Now I'm reading Night Train to Lisbon, because one of my lecturers mentioned it at least once a week and I finally found it in our second-hand shop :D
Page 31 of 31

Section jump