Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 10:40 PM
Relena's one of my favourite charaters out of gundam wing. I mean, how many 15 year old (14 when the anime starts) girls can cope from going from a completely sheltered life to

(spoilers ahead)

having their dad die, finding out their adopted all that grisly buisness with the parents, not to mention the war hardened long lost brother and the people trying to kill her, some of who are kids themselves. Then bring global piece, not just world piece. Plus i missed out all the sacrifising herself to the enemy.

:rant:

Ok, over. I tend to have some respect for any charater that i can understand, so i try to see everything from every charater's point of view. I even have some passing respect for Trieze and pity for Lady Une's 'follow the leader' actions.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 5:28 AM
Pff. Who doesn't love Mello? He was short, maniacal, a chocolate lover, a mafia gangster, and possibly involved in a number of homosexual relationships. He was amazing. Misa is the hated one. It's because she's what every man-loving Death Note fan wants to be. Light's lover, admired by L, an integral part of the plot, owner of a note...idol. She was put in there just to make people jealous. So I like her. :D (And Rem. I love Rem. Everyone seemed to forget about her once she died. Her crush on Misa was so sweet.)
Test Subject
#28 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 2:30 AM
I like Pein from the Naruto manga. Spoiler alert

Even if he did kill Jiraiya.
Instructor
#29 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Wait, what about Harry Potter?

Though what are the hated characters. Everyone loves the bad guys: Draco, Snape, Voldy and so on....

I agree, Draco is my favourite character alongside Hermione. And I admit I do like Voldemort, and dont want him or Harry to die. Of course I no what happened in the book, :'( and i wont give anything away cause of spoilers.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Wait, what about Harry Potter?

Though what are the hated characters. Everyone loves the bad guys: Draco, Snape, Voldy and so on....

Not all fans do, I should know; I've been attacked (i.e. yelled at, talked down to) by fans online and offline because I love characters like Snape (so complex, as well as snarky) and don't like characters like Harry himself. I've had kids give me dirty looks when I've quizzed why all of them are dressed as Gryffindor's at a book opening and none of the other houses, especially Slytherin *sigh*
Instructor
#31 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anyerfillag
Not all fans do, I should know; I've been attacked (i.e. yelled at, talked down to) by fans online and offline because I love characters like Snape (so complex, as well as snarky) and don't like characters like Harry himself. I've had kids give me dirty looks when I've quizzed why all of them are dressed as Gryffindor's at a book opening and none of the other houses, especially Slytherin *sigh*

I dont like Harry myself. I wanted to strangle him in the 5th book, he was such a moody teenager. I prefer the darker characters, I think Voldemorts past is so interesting and it helps that Tom Riddle is gorgeous as well lol. But still Hermione is one of my characters. Most girls would hate because she is a bookworm, but I think she is exactly what teenage girls need as a role model.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littlesunshine123xx
I dont like Harry myself. I wanted to strangle him in the 5th book, he was such a moody teenager. I prefer the darker characters, I think Voldemorts past is so interesting and it helps that Tom Riddle is gorgeous as well lol. But still Hermione is one of my characters. Most girls would hate because she is a bookworm, but I think she is exactly what teenage girls need as a role model.

Not only that, he seemed to not care about anyone else - it was all me,me,me! The darker characters in whatever tv show/book/movie always have a more interesting history, something about them changing from good to bad makes them interesting. I do like Hermonie, but she can be a bit much sometimes. I prefer Luna though; crazy (but in a good way) and without knowing it a vital character.
Instructor
#33 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 11:49 AM
Yeah or poor Neville, love him lots. I always thought him and Luna would make a great pair. Oh and another character I like that I shouldnt is Bellatrix- what a woman and Helena who plays her is amazing.
#34 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:58 AM
Err- Going back to Bleach, I'm a really big fan of Kon. The stuffed lion mod soul? Yeah, I think he's great comic relief with a hint of sadness I just adore. His character image songs just sinched it is all. Anyway, most hate on him becaue they find the poor guy too annoying. I just disagree is all
Field Researcher
#35 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:51 PM
I always loved Kikyou back when I watched Inuyasha. There's just something so elegant and beautiful about her... then again I've always been fond of bad guys... XD

On the earlier subject of Death Note - I LOVE Mello, he's one of my favorite characters! In fact, I've somehow been talked into cosplaying him at a con later this year, so I'm now on the hunt for leather. My absolute favorite character from that series though is Raito, again with my love of evil characters; I don't know if he counts here, but I've certainly seen a good amount of dislike towards him on anime forums.
Scholar
#36 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:08 AM
Welll....I suppose you can tell who I'm biased towards in HP land, so I won't bother going into it. coughluciusnapebellatrixcough

When i went to the premiere of OOTP in my Slytherin Uniform (Yes I have one) there was this guy with what I assume were his two kids, all in some kinda Gryffindor paraphanelia. He looked at me and my friend (Also in full Slytherin regalia) and said something like "Ohh Slytherin, I bet you like umbridge".

Me: Errr no, not really (I detest the woman GAH)

Then he said something aout Gryffindors being better and I just gave him a look and turned around, and muttered something to my friend like: "Yeah and who killed Dumbledore again? That's right. "

Not sure if he heard me, but I got the dirtiest looks ever. It was awesome. I was surprised a grown man would bother commenting on it, kinda sad.

*is def. planning on wearing a SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE shirt to the next movie* *waits in glee for all the Gryffindorks to freak out*

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:41 AM
Hey, I'm a Gryffindor fan! Anyway, I love Bellatrix even if she killed one of my favorite characters, a character as crazy as she was, I can't help but like her and her sister Narcissa. I don't like Harry much, he acts like a emo after book four. I really wished J.K. Rowling had split the last book in two parts, one with Harry and his group and the other focusing on the battle the wizardry world was going through, ah well.

A character I love but not many people care about is Akito from fruits basket, I love her evilness. I also like Doumyouji Tsukasa from the manga Hana Yori Dango (Boys over flowers).
#38 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littlesunshine123xx

snap, i became sick of his hissy fits in the 5th book.
i also took an instant dislike to him after seeing the films.
daniel radcliff has the most annoying face everrrr.

ps. im from liverpool too.. just peeped at your myspace.
#39 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:22 PM
Oooh! A Harry Potter conversation! I'm joining in :D

Yeah, I was getting really annoyed with Harry after the 5th book. I mean, gah! Cool it, Harry! Give it a rest, already!
I have to admit, I didn't like Snape throughout most of the story, but in the 7th book I developed a love for him after we found out that he had a relationship with Harry's mum :lovestruc Awwwww!!!
I also liked Cedric, even though most people seemed to despise him, and Cho. Although I hated her random crying fits and Harry falling for her, I thought she was just a nice girl with...erm...bad memories.
(P.S. I'm part of the Neville/Luna Shipper Group )
(P.P.S. Since I know this is supposed to be an anime conversation, I'll add that I absolutely love Near from Death Note...squeeee!!)
#40 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:26 AM
o.o I always liked Haruno Sakura, from Naruto, even though everybody hates her. And I was always a Inu/Kag supporter and I HATE HATE HATE Kikyou simply because she ruined their romance. XP. I have to admit, though, Sakura WAS a little annoying in the beginning. But the first couple I ever supported, and am now back to was NaruSaku X3. And here's how I view the "Kagome being useless" v.s. "Sakura being useless."
Kagome: She's a NORMAL girl. How many of US would automatically jump in and fight youkai after youkai? She comes from our world, which is a heck of a lot safer compared to the Sengoku period.
Sakura: Now, the claims of Sakura being useless I can actually see, and she WAS useless, in the beginning. See, unlike Kagome, Sakura was TRAINED to kill people, and fight. It's her JOB. Therefore, yeah, I did get kind of pissed when she did almost nothing during the first few arcs of the series.
Wow. This was a long post. ^^;;
Field Researcher
#41 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 12:10 PM
Nnoitra from Bleach
I know that in reality he would be a total bastard but I adore him as a character. He's ruthless, cruel, chauvinist and a tad perverted and yet I can't hate him. He has some really interesting backround story with complicated love-hate relationship which brings some depth to his character. I also love his design. So unique.
#42 Old 3rd May 2008 at 6:10 AM
I love darcia from wolfs rain I can't help but feel bad for him.His whole life fell apart because of something he didn't do.
#43 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 12:55 PM
I'm not sure whether or not he's 'hated' (most of my friends say yes, most of the people on FF.net and Deviantart say no), but I adore Light/Raito Yagami from Death Note. Yes, I got very, very mad at him when he got Rem to kill you-know-who (I won't say for spoilers) and when he tried to kill you-know-who-else, but there was just something wonderful about his growing insanity before he completely lost it- and the ending was so very lovely. Misa... I hated at first, but after the Misa no Uta song, I warmed to her.

I did detest Near though, stupid, stuck-up prat of an L-shadow that he was...

*sniff* I miss DN already.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:36 PM
Millennium organization from Hellsing
They are a bunch of evil nazis and still I adore them. I definitely do NOT support nazis in real life but I just can't help but love them as Hellsing villains. Not because of their ideas but because they are so colourful, mysterious and just plain nuts.
Yeah... I have this strange habbit to fall in love with villains =P
Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kirsi
It's not really strange, because sometimes villains are more interesting than the good guys.

Yeah... they indeed are :D. It's just funny that I almost ALWAYS like them more than the good guys... and I never really like the lead characters. It's always villains and/or side characters. No wonder my favourites has this nasty habbit to die *sob*
#46 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thrior
just funny that I almost ALWAYS like them more than the good guys... and I never really like the lead characters. It's always villains and/or side characters. No wonder my favourites has this nasty habbit to die *sob*
Gah, I know! Although admittedly I do tend to fall for one major character (and in Death Note the lines between good and bad are more than a bit blurred), but they usually end up dying too. And if they don't die, I read lots of deathfics in which they do.
#47 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 6:54 AM
Well, unlike everyone else, I LOVED Harry in the 5th book and LOVED the 5th book (except for the fact that my favorite character dies at the end.) So I guess I do belong on this thread for my intense loving of the 5th HP book! lol.
I HATED the 6th book though...I had to FORCE myself to read it. I barely remember anything about it, except for who dies and Dumbledore and Harry searching for the (I forget what you call them). When people talk about it, I'm like "REALLY??? Well...I read it, but I don't remember THAT!!" lol. I guess that's just how much I hated it.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aimsme
And if they don't die, I read lots of deathfics in which they do.

Yeah, I read lots of fanfics too and most of them are pretty angsty. Heh. People love to hurt those they love :D
Quote: Originally posted by Jetta
Well, unlike everyone else, I LOVED Harry in the 5th book and LOVED the 5th book ...

I'm with you on this. 5th and 3th books are my favourites (6th definitely my least favourite) and while I'm normally indifferent towards Harry, I actually liked him in the 5th book. I never really got it why people suddenly hated him in the 5th book. Well... many said to me that he was being a brat and emo and whatever but I liked the way Harry was acting because it only shows that he isn't perfect. He is only a teenager put in very dangerous situations so of course he reacts strongly and makes mistakes (although there was one moment when I just wanted to slap him because of his stupidity). He somehow seemed much more human to me.
#49 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 5:33 AM
I've always been an enormous fan of Misa and Light. Misa is adorable, hilarious and so helplessly dedicated for Light that it's really quite pitiful. And Light's a raging madman but he's so fun to watch ...

I also enjoyed Harry in the fifth book; it seemed like a real growing-up point in his story (though not as much as the fourth). He's pretty high on my list of favorite HP characters ... after an entire 7 books and 7 years adventuring with him, how can you not get attached? <3

I read the first 4 or 5 books really young and hardly paid any attention, so I was completely confused when people started talking about what a brat Percy was after that point. I tend to like the bratty characters simply for the fact that you're not supposed to. When a certain kitten-loving Ministry employee made a reappearance in the final book, you have no idea how excited I was~

And er, sorry for rambling all over the place, but I'm becoming more interested in the character of Gellert Grindelwald, too ...
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon
I'm on bleach exile and people seem to HATE Renji, But i think they are just being Playa Haters! XD Renji's hot and alot more awesome than people give him credit for, Kubo needs to give him his day!

wow , i didn't know that ..i love Renji too!
and my super favourite character is Orochimaru from Naruto . I know he's got many fans too but there are a lot of ppl that told me : how can u possibly like him ? he's the bad guy! i just didn't know how to react at such silly comments , i was like this : :comp:
oh and i also love Takumi from Nana , which seems to be pretty hated ..
Page 2 of 3