Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:34 AM
Ah, I go right past there tomorrow. Thanks!

UPDATE: *sigh* I just called and thy said they don't have it out....not quick enough..
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
This made me laugh...and to never live in Indianapolis.

Lol its not a bad city..we just dont get "recognition" as a popular city for good things like i dunno.. A FREAKING SIMS 3 FAN EVENT!!!
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
UPDATE: *sigh* I just called and thy said they don't have it out....not quick enough..

DARN...guess ill have to wait until tuesday...i can wait itll give me enough time to uninstall my Sims 2 and clean my comp up a bit more..
Field Researcher
#53 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:10 AM Last edited by boolPropped : 30th May 2009 at 3:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
I read in another thread that somebody went up to GameStop (having been told they could get their Prima Guide on the 27th of this month), and while GameStop DID have the guides AND the game, they could not release it until Jun. 2! If Best Buy has that same policy, I'm gonna go APESHIT on them no matter WHOSE fault it is! I pity the one who delivers THAT news to me :P

Lol! Yep, that was me. I wouldn't have even bothered to go to pick the book up ahead of time if I'd been told it came out on the 2nd in the first place. They usually go ahead and release them a day or two ahead of the game, so I seriously think what happened was that the books came in the same box as the games, and since the box was marked for a street date of June 2, whoever runs the place prolly changed their computers to read that the book was also street dated for the 2nd. After all, if they open a box ahead of time, someone might "accidentally" get a hold of one of the games!

I did go and check my closest Walmart to see if they had any books, but the one nearest to me kinda sucks and doesn't have a very good electronics area, so they didn't have squat!

Ah well, it's just a couple more days. Kudos to those of you who have been able to get the game already. I'm very happy for you!

Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Also would be interesting to know if cheats that the Prima Guide listed as being usable, but that pirates have found unusable, work... Type Ctrl + Shift + C (is that the right combo? Someone correct me if that isn't right...) and try these:

shazaam - gives 2,500 lifetime happiness points to active sim

edit in cas - takes the sim back to Create-a-Sim allowing you to make full physical and personality changes

These supposedly do crap all.

Also, thanks for answering some of our questions. Hopefully you don't mind. If you do you can just ignore - I don't believe you did volunteer to be our guinea pig, afterall.

I think over at MATY there was mention of the testingcheatsenabled true working. Also that you could use motherlode and kaching, but not familyfunds. And you are correct, it is ctrl-shft-c that we use in TS2, and I would assume it's probably the same in TS3.
Test Subject
#54 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:39 AM
Whoah, AWESOME! And that's only one or two towns next to where I live! SUH-WEEEET!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Ah, I go right past there tomorrow. Thanks!

Tis a coverup! I just went out there again and where there was the Sims 3 a day ago sat......

Fallout 3 Collector Editions.

I think I'm gonna hold on this until Tuesday right now. Just don't feel right to be playing the game right now thanks to someone's mistake.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by momicajack
Lol! Yep, that was me. I wouldn't have even bothered to go to pick the book up ahead of time if I'd been told it came out on the 2nd in the first place. They usually go ahead and release them a day or two ahead of the game, so I seriously think what happened was that the books came in the same box as the games, and since the box was marked for a street date of June 2, whoever runs the place prolly changed their computers to read that the book was also street dated for the 2nd. After all, if they open a box ahead of time, someone might "accidentally" get a hold of one of the games!

I did go and check my closest Walmart to see if they had any books, but the one nearest to me kinda sucks and doesn't have a very good electronics area, so they didn't have squat!

Ah well, it's just a couple more days. Kudos to those of you who have been able to get the game already. I'm very happy for you!

I think over at MATY there was mention of the testingcheatsenabled true working. Also that you could use motherlode and kaching, but not familyfunds. And you are correct, it is ctrl-shft-c that we use in TS2, and I would assume it's probably the same in TS3.

Well, as it turned out, that IS Best Buy's policy (what a shocker ) but I was asking over the phone, and was about to leave for a dental appointment, so my blood pressure was high enough as it was. Otherwise I SERIOUSLY would've gone off on her ass! ( <-- my "I'm ABOUT to kick your ass!" alarm)

EDIT: Sandman, their mistake can't really be fixed now, and you shouldn't feel guilty. I'm sure if you knew the guy could get into trouble for that, you would have waited. As I told someone whose copy got there today via UPS, go ahead and play it... no sense in torturing yourself, and feeling guilty for the ones who still have to wait. It won't change anything
Instructor
#57 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:05 AM
Sandman, go ahead and play! Enjoy yourself and blab as much as you can about your impressions.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Forum Resident
#58 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:55 AM
i preordered mine today at EB games it comes in on thursday!!!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:00 AM
YAY for EBGames!!!! I pre-ordered my CE from there a month ago hehe.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:29 AM
I'm so jealous! I pre-ordered mine online, so I have to wait until the 4th *pulls hair out*
Inventor
#61 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:37 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16832130097

I saw this (see above) while surfing around online, apparently this US online store has already shipped out a few copies. I wonder if is fact and if so will it hopefully cause a free for all on the release with other stores soon.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Forum Resident
#62 Old 30th May 2009 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Martine
I'm so jealous! I pre-ordered mine online, so I have to wait until the 4th *pulls hair out*

dont worry it comes out on the 4th in australia too thats only on thursday its not long
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:07 AM
It is long >.< Thursday will feel like its taken YEARS to get here. . . Things never come fast enough for me

And omg OW!!!!!!! . . . McDonalds Apple Pie filling is HOT . . . ow ow ow ow.
Inventor
#64 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:02 PM
Sandman: you were lucky to get an early copy, go ahead and enjoy it!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:14 PM
I had the same GameStop experience. I went to ask if I could get the strategy guide early and the guy was like, "HYPOTHETICALLY if I had the guide and the game in the backroom, then HYPOTHETICALLY I couldn't sell it to you because HYPOTHETICALLY I could get fired." ;l

I live right across the street from a Meijer but since my game is preordered from GameStop, I'm not even going to go and look. Save my sanity.

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
Theorist
#66 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:49 PM
I just got a call from my EB Games to confirm that they have it in stock and it's ready to be picked up Tuesday morning. I can't wait! Sure I can't get it early but 100% confirmation that I can play it Tuesday is great news for me.

If I got the game early I'd probably play it once and feel bad for everyone that has to wait.
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:02 PM
Already started playing mine, myself. Got my preorder early this morning. Didnt install the EA Manager thing though, dont trust that with a bargepole.

Already started to produce custom content too!, well, recolors.. but its custom!, -cough
Forum Resident
#68 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:06 AM
I work in a major shopping center in Australia, and walked past several stores last night (30th May) and they had them out and selling them. Apparently they put them out on the 29th. They are selling for AUS$89.98. I didn't see whether they had the Prima Guides yet, but as I'm not buiying either, it's not a big deal. I know that with several of TS2 EP's that they were alwayson the shelves and selling a few days before the official release date.
Test Subject
#69 Old 31st May 2009 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tenielle
I work in a major shopping center in Australia, and walked past several stores last night (30th May) and they had them out and selling them. Apparently they put them out on the 29th. They are selling for AUS$89.98. I didn't see whether they had the Prima Guides yet, but as I'm not buiying either, it's not a big deal. I know that with several of TS2 EP's that they were alwayson the shelves and selling a few days before the official release date.

Do you marion? If so, did you see if ebgames had it for sale?
Instructor
#70 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:40 AM
Quote:
@Penny:I asked Sandman and he said he went to the one on Us/36 Rockville Road on the west side in Avon...sadly its to far for me...i live way on the opposite side of town... near the one on washington street.

OMG! I'm SO glad I checked this thread! My husband works in Avon. I SO asked him to look on his way home for me! ^^

And LMAO about living in Indy. I live there too. ^^ I had no idea there were so many simmers around.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tenielle

:O:O:O I live in Australia! I live near a major shopping centre! WHEREWHEREWHERE?
Field Researcher
#72 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:49 AM
I live in the small town of mount vernon, washington; i doubt it will be out at my gamestop, plus they havnt even called me yet...should i worrie, i mean in all seriousness i havnt slept im so excited!!!
IM SERIOUSLY WIDE AWAKE!
someone halp!

Sorry.....
Field Researcher
#73 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no.[666]bicycle
I live in the small town of mount vernon, washington; i doubt it will be out at my gamestop, plus they havnt even called me yet...should i worrie, i mean in all seriousness i havnt slept im so excited!!!
IM SERIOUSLY WIDE AWAKE!
someone halp!

Sorry.....

I wouldn't worry. I would just go there on Tuesday and calmly demand the game, and if it isn't there, go apeshit. Surely that will work.
Instructor
#74 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no.[666]bicycle
IM SERIOUSLY WIDE AWAKE!
someone halp!

Sorry.....

I was at my local Gamstop today. The guys there are super nice. I asked them if their copies of TS3 were already in the store (hidden away in the back room of course). They said that they were in fact already there and ready to go out on Tuesday.

Then they put my name on a Collector's Edition...even though I didn't pre-order. (Gosh I love those guys!)
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:24 AM
I think they love you too :P
Page 3 of 5