Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 29th May 2009 at 10:22 PM
I do leave it blank, but it keeps redirecting me to the register page and it won't tell me why.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 29th May 2009 at 11:00 PM
Well, by installing the game (or registering it...can't remember) we get 10$ in free points (I think that's 1000 points) to use at the store. I looked at some of the clothes, hair and etc. and a lot of it is cute! Most of it is 75 points...so you can get a lot for 1000 points. I'll just use up all those points and wait till' free CC is out.

I fall up stairs.
Test Subject
#53 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:16 AM
I plan to do the same--use up my free points and wait for free CC to come out. The store seems ridiculous to me... I'm certainly not spending further money on items this overpriced.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 30th May 2009 at 7:55 AM
Yeah, I am not paying more money for custom content from the store. I am just going to use the free $10, and then I am going to wait for free content. I didn't buy anything from the sims 2 store, and I am not going to pay for stuff in the sims 3 store. I will just play the base game without custom content if I have to.

Too bad we all can't boycott the sims 3 store. I know they're going to make lots of money off of it.

EDIT: Some of the videos aren't on there anymore. I get a funny 404 page when I followed a link...

http://www.thesims3.com/view/pages/videos.jsp

Lab Assistant
#55 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:12 AM
ROFL. Baby in the Dishwasher. Bahahahahahahaha. That totally made my day . . . I wonder if we can really do that in the sims 3 O.o

I'm using my voucher, getting things from the exchange that dont require you to buy things from the store, and then its off to Mod the sims for more high quality custom content. Altho, with the amount of stuff I downloaded off here for TS2. . . I do kinda feel bad for not paying for it >.>
Field Researcher
#56 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:13 PM
"The Sims 3 Store is supported in twenty six different locales worldwide, and some locales are supported in more than one language. Supported countries are Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Ireland, and the United States. "

Germany isn't mentioned there.

I hope I can use my free sims points though.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by

[url

http://www.thesims3.com/view/pages/videos.jsp[/url]

Thats definatly one way not to wash a baby XD
WOW ha ha..
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:12 AM
I think it's going to be interesting to see where EA draws the line of piracy against sims sites etc... I mean how much do you have to change a mesh or re-CAST something from the sims store before they come after you and your site for piracy and stealing business from the official sims store?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guardianpegasus
I think it's going to be interesting to see where EA draws the line of piracy against sims sites etc... I mean how much do you have to change a mesh or re-CAST something from the sims store before they come after you and your site for piracy and stealing business from the official sims store?

Well, knowing EAxis and their past actions against paysites for the sims, they probably won't come at all, whether you borrow their meshes or make people pay for content that should otherwise be free... I'm willing to bet my left arm that they won't come after anyone, ever, for any reason.
Test Subject
#60 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:24 PM
I am not impressed by the number of items already available in the store. I can see one or two in each category to test it out, but when there is so much content available in the store it makes you wonder how much is in the game. I mean, if they already have five countertops to purchase, then there better be a dozen or more in game. Savy?

She works in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was her true medium; a master.

My role playing community: Legends of Ophiuchus
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparrowsWench
I am not impressed by the number of items already available in the store. I can see one or two in each category to test it out, but when there is so much content available in the store it makes you wonder how much is in the game. I mean, if they already have five countertops to purchase, then there better be a dozen or more in game. Savy?

There is very little in the game from what I have read, especially in the clothing category. The Store has much more than in the game. Someone calculated the cost if you buy everything in the store, including the duplicate hairs and clothing categories and it amounted to over $200.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:03 PM
No the base game is extremely limited in objects and CAS features. It's one of the things that annoyed me straight away. I don't want to spend hours picking a different pattern for my dining chair, that's just not it for me. I want different chairs.

And build mode, my god the build mode. They have this little diagram that functions like a little menu, and the door they use to get you to the doors section isn't even among them! You cant get a simple door with glass in the top half. Same thing with windows, you either have large chunky windows or small decorative windows with frames. I couldn't even recreate my own house. And my house is like, really really average. And there's only one type of stairs. Which conveniently is a type of stairs no home has around here. They all curve a little, while the game stairs are straight. So they take up too much space and make it so that the floor plan of the bottom floor can not be copied over to the second floor.
Page 3 of 3